This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone that has a loved one in Ship 3 Division 150?  My son is in this Division -   Lets share news - No put downs please - as there may be times our SR writes about someone that they are not happy with for whatever reason - Please keep those comments to yourself - we are here to support each other - so please be nice!!  Funny is ok - just be respectful of each other!!

Views: 901

Replies to This Discussion

WOO-HOO!!!!

I GOT MY FIRST REAL LETTER!!

It didn't say much - which did not surprise me as he is not much of a writer - except for "songs" and if there is a keyboard in front of him!!  Even more exciting I could read his handwriting!!!!  He said P-Days weren't as bad as he thought they would be, the peanut butter shot wasn't too bad!  LOL  He said they go their ID's and they all look like murderers!! (From being bald and no smile!)  "Food here is in jail style (don't know how he knows that but oh well!!) with taste quality of high school cafeteria."

He said he has not been in trouble yet!  and said he is the Chaplin of his Division. (this thrills me!)  He mentioned he got to call cadences one day but lost his voice.  His bunk mate's initials are Z.B. (any mom with a son and those initials here??) Said he didn't have anymore time to write but would write soon!!!

I can't wait for the next letter as I hope he will write more!!

I have sent about 13 letters/questionnaires so hope to hear more soon!!

Can't wait to hear about others getting letters!!
Got the first real letters.He is real excited. His bunkmate is from Georgia and he said hes real cool. He likes the PBJ also. He said he feels so proud in the uniform.I dont know how many letters i have sent but i am sure i wont get all my answers. I am so relieved the letter didnt say he hated it and he missed home and he was miserable. He sounds comfortable.
OMG....Stll no phone call or letter for me  ....... Patiently waiting!

We received our first "real" letters today from our SR. I was thrilled to receive mail from him until I opened and read it. He was very down and said he really hated it there but was looking forward to graduation. As my youngest child, it broke my heart to "hear" him so down but I know he is determined to hang in there. He did say he made "stick carrier" in formation and was not being "yelled at as much since he can march." My SR played trumpet in band from the 6th grade until the 9th grade. I would presume the marching experience was from those years in band. He (as well as his dad and I) are very proud of this honor.

Hopefully, next week when he starts to receive our mail, he will be more lighthearted. I can only hope. :(

I feel even worse now that I've read the post by other mom's about their SRs letters and how upbeat they were. :(
Wow I am so sorry. I will pray you son stays strong and he will get comfortable.

NavyWifeandMom -

Keep your chin up!!  I hear they all go thru the "I hate it here" some just sooner than others!  Just keep telling yourself -

they have to break them down to build them up!!  He will be fine!!  I know my letter of I hate it will likely be coming soon then again, some of the SR's won't admit it - but they all go thru it!  My heart goes out to you and I will be praying for him and you! Just keep writing him and telling him how proud you are of him!!  Just knowing he has your support will get him thru it much quicker!  Be sure to tell him he would not have been picked for stick carrier if his RDC's didn't see something "special" in him! Did he say why he hated it so bad? 

Has anyone heard how they (the division) are getting along?  I hear the first few weeks they all seem to argue with each other quite a bit - until they start "getting it".  Then they tend to become ONE instead of many!  They all need to help each other become a unit!! I know if one messes up they all suffer!!    Maybe he is just aggravated with the process!!??

I love hearing of all the letters!  Please feel free to share what info you may have - I know some SR's will write more than others - I figure no news is good news!!  I can't wait for the "real phone call"!!   Has anyone heard if and when this division had their wisdom teeth taken out?  I know that is what my SR was dreading the most!!  LOL

Just think - only 40 more days for PIR!  Has anyone made their reservations?  If so please share where and why!!  I figure I better start checking out where to stay - this weekend! 

Anyone interested in wearing scarf's or something with a special color so we can identify who is in our "division"?  Any suggestions?  It would be fun to stand out so we can meet each other!!  Also, we could write and tell our SR's what color to look for and they could see us in the stands and "find us"!!  The brighter the better!!  I like yellow but don't care what color everyone wants!! 

I made reservations last night at the Navy Lodge with a kitchen so I can maybe cook for my boy. The lodge is only 65.00 a night and close. It is the only Navy Lodge we can make the reservation without his ID. He needs to show it right after graduation.

Love the scarf Idea count me in.........

What is the deal with the wisdom teeth? Do they pull them on everyone?

We booked at the Country Inn, found the best rate at AAA.com, from Thurs to Monday
We are booked at the Ramada Inn. We would love to meet up with the rest of you guys somewhere!

CMom, Thank you so much for your support! I actually did a little research after posting that comment and found exactly what you were saying to be true for many. I felt much better after reading it (and yours!). My SR said he was missing everyone and that was contributing to his desire to come home. He wrote his (step) dad a longer letter than mine. Mine was the equivalent of a decent length paragraph! LOL! I told his dad it was because he was likely tearing up writing me and he had to cut it short. In his letter to his dad he was more upbeat and even joked somewhat. Here's an excerpt from his letter to dad:

. . . we are a group of 86 guys that half of doesn't know when to STFU. On the bright side, we get to take warm showers, the downside is that it's a warm shower with 85 other dudes . . . 

I love the idea of us wearing the same color at PIR!! We will likely be staying at the Navy Lodge so I hear we will be somewhat dislocated for the activities taking place at the other hotels. I love the idea of yellow since it is a Navy color (okay, blue and gold but close enough!). Yellow is "not my color" to wear but I'm game anyway!

ronniesmom, Thank you for the prayers for my SR to be strong and comfortable!! I will return the gesture that yours too will remain the same. :)

Maybe ronnie just didn't want to upset me? I am sure he will too have days he is not so happy.My prayers are with all the kids and us moms to hang in there.

Do we know when the 3rd week actually is? Ronnie said they may get a call on the 3rd week.Do they mean the actual 3rd week day of arrival or just the week in general? I am thinking if not this Wednesday then sometime this week?

Best to you and smile at least for now they are in a safe place.

Take care.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service