This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My son arrived in GL on Nov. 18th. and his recruiter gave me his address last Friday as Ship 6, Div. 909. I have not seen anyone else in that Division yet. I'm beginning to wonder if he meant 908. My son's recruiter's last day as a recruiter was on Friday, he's transfered to go back on a ship. I have sent a ton of letters and since I've not seen anyone else with Division 909 I can't but wonder if he was wroing and if he was what will happen to all those letters I have sent to my son. I received "the box" from my son yesterday but have not received his letter.

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Hi There-
My stepson is in Division 909 so you have the correct address. He shipped out on Nov 18th also, and we have not heard from our son SR Ryan Dana yet. I am hoping for a letter soon. All the best- Don Hibbs (not a mom but a proud step-dad. )
Hi Don,

Nice to meet you. Hopefully our sons have already met! I'm glad to hear from some else in Div 909...I was getting worried. We got "the box" on Monday and I was really hoping I would get his form letter today but no such luck. I just wish I could hear something from him as to how things are going. I've already read posts from folks that had kids in last year that they did not get phone calls from them on Thanksgiving day so at least I'm not expecting that.

Hopefully we'll start hearing from others soon in this Division. We're from NC...where are you guys from?
Hi Back-

Kitty (Ryan's Mom) and I ( the step dad) live in Vancouver WA.We haven't heard a word from Ryan yet. I hope the guys are included in the "Foster parent" Thanksgiving event. Ryan plays the viola and I think that's why he was put into the 909 Division. We were hoping to attend his graduation but we are a bit low on funds ( who isn't at this time of year?) We were thnkng about taking the train from Portland Oregon (just across the Columbia River from Vancouver) to Chicago.- I don't know if we can swing that . Airfare is $280 RT right now so maybe we will go that route. I just don't like flying anymore with all the hassels but Ryan is worth it. Perhaps we will meet at the graduation- We can hope. For now- All the best to you and your son-- Happy Thanksgiving- Don
Hi Kitty,

I don't think are guys are eligible for the "Foster parent" program. We were actually thinking of driving up and adopting him but were told only the recruits that had been there 6 weeks were eligible.

We will probably drive up for graduation because my 2 older sons want to come also. My husband doesn't like to fly plus we can't afford over $800 in airfare for all four of us to fly up. It's a 14 hour drive but as you said Philip is worth it.

Philip doesn't play anything but I knew he wanted to get into a performing division to do either flags or guns. He and his recruiter had talked about it. Since he's never been on a drill team before I'm very anxious to see how he's doing.

I hope you can make it to graduation and we get the chance to meet. I'll have to write and ask Philip if he's met Ryan yet. Of course, we can't use last names on here and at BC that's all they use. LOL

I had a cousin and her son was in last year. She said it was funny because she would write her son and ask him about people and of course he wrote back with last names. She said one of the parents in the Division put together a spreadsheet with parents names and the recruits names to help.
Thank you for the gentle reminder about last names. I shall much more careful in the future. I re-read the guidelines and will make sure I don't cross the line again. In these times, the restrictions are more than reasonable.

Thanks for the info on the "Foster Parent" issue. I was hopimg they would be eligible for christmas, but it comes on their fifth -Not sixth week so probably not. With the holidays during this time I also wonder if they will graduate a week later than we had planned. Time will tell.

Despite the long drive time for you- it will still be better than dealing with the airlines. I used to love flying- but now- not so much

I hope we stay in touch and perhaps we will be able to meet at the graduation.

Sincerely, Don & Kitty
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were crosing the lines with last names at all. I was just passing on how funny it and frustraing it can get for us and our kids.

We're wondering the same thing about Christmas. I'm going to call next week and check into it. We have even talked about making drive up for Christmas. My older sons 19 and 23 are always ready for a road trip. Staying at the Naval Lodging is not that expensive and we can even prepare meals to eat in for the most part.

It would be great to stay in touch and hopefully meet at graduation. I wrote Philip tonight and mentioned your son Ryan.

I was not expecting a phone call today but getting one sure would have been a nice surprise! :) Since our guys grad date is not posted with the Jan 15 group, I agree, it makes me wonder if our guys are going to be a week behind.

By the way, my name is Cathy and my husband is Gregg. It's nice to have someone else to go through this with.
Hi Kitty,

I got my first letters today...actually got two!! It was so good to hear from Philip!! He said they were not able to receive mail until 11/30 or send mail until then. He had written them the day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day. He said the only thing getting hm through was knowing he would have mail from us on 11/30. I don't thing he had a clue how much he would have waiting...I write every day! My husband has written a few times and folks from Church have been writing. I hope maybe you got a letter today as well, if not maybe you'll get one soon. Funniest thing he said was it was "like summer camp gone bad"

I'm sorry you can't make it to graduation. We are going to stay at the Navy Lodging. Rates are only $65 per night and we are going to drive the 14 hours to get there. We could not afford airfare for all of us.

We will have to stay in touch as the next few weeks go by!

Take Care!
Cathy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service