This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

While those of you who sew continue to sew (thank you ver much) here is our destination

Amphibous Assault ship The USS KEARSARGE.  It has been fun chatting with our chaplain, who says they have opened a new space for our Sailors and Marines to  unwind called Holy Joe's Café.  Are we ready to stock it?  Yes!

EVERYTHING in Holy Joe's Cafe is free to our guys and gals! 

So, here's the request list:

Beef jerkey covered by Jack's Links

Sunflower seeds

Gum (no hard candy or chocolate)

Coffee--all sorts, both instant, packetts and brew type (I'm saying some tea, too.)

Single packet drinks

Personal hygiene products

DVDs

The crew loves any TV show. I've noticed the popular ones are: Dexter, 24, Prison Break, NCIS, True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, House, Spartacus. I obviously wouldn't expect you to get all of these, but it is at least a selection to choose from.

Board games: Storage space is slim, so bulky board games may be difficult. I know that Cranium, Catch a Phrase, and games like that are popular.

Can you add to the list--of course. (No though, on books.)

Lots of cards and handmade pictures from the kids--think SPRING AND ST. PATTY'S DAY

Pack what you can in gallon ziplock type bags so the group can help pick up their godies.And of course, the pillowcases

It's now just a stitch over 1,000 needed.  Chaplain says: 1028 total

216 female

812 male

In the meantime, keep those sewing machines tuned up and continue sewing!  '

Love ya

Carol

***SHIPPING STARTS FEB. 22nd and ends the 28th (or thereabouts)****

Count to date by Mom, male/female/generic and total to date

valerijean                   50 female  200 male  30 generic

Ally                             60 female

jenmark                      60 generic

carols_kitchen            9 female  34 generic

Molly                           30 generic

Krista                           25 male   2 female

Llovemysailor                 25 female

Cheryl S                        20 female  20 male

Dana                           375 generic

sissi                             20 generic

Susan, mom to Niko      20 female, 30 male

Kimmy                          10 generic

Dee                             2 female, 2 male

(OOPss--dizzy blonde moment and listed a count twice.)   We can now concentrate on our other donations for this group. 

If anyone is still making iron on personlized ones, let me know as we definitely want you to send those.  Let me know, and we can switch some of the other ones out. 

Views: 1158

Replies to This Discussion

I am finishing up the 275 that I am making for my son's squadron. I have to put my serger in the shop because it is SICK from all the sewing. After that, I can get busy again!
Had my sewing machine fixed. Also took two sewing classes so I could "learn" again how to sew! Next 2 weeks I"m learning machine embroidery.
Remember everyone ------this is just for pillowcases for febuary to get a jump on iy.
We will still have a january adoption , they just dont need pillowcases in january :)

YESSSSS SIREEEE BOB ---we have much happening

Miss Carol can we rename this thread Febuary 2011 Pillowcases vs adoption ( I fear that people will get confused about the january group) Hugs and Love
Love that attitude, Shirley!
That's great, Carol! Where are you taking your classes?
Crosspatches Quilt Shop in Collinsville at the newly re-opened Orchards on 159. Their new store is a dream! She is sponsoring 3 boxes for our February group.
Kim, what do you suggest a good price for a used serger... someone called me and asked me if I would be interested in one, they would like to get rid of theirs.
See if it can be cleaned and tuned up once you know the brand name, Michele. Also compare it to ebay prices so you have a ballpark figure. I will keep in touch with you.
I'll be sure to put my two-stitches worth in, Coordinator Carol. Keep me posted as time draws nearer... remind me via email what I can do, too, when local packing party time comes.
What material can this be made with? Anything? Also, is it possible to embroider them...for example, make the female sailors something a little girlie? Let me know if there are any specific rules.

Thanks!
Mary
So long as where they lay their head is smooth and soft, you can embroider--the hem is the best place to put something special. Good question, btw.
Glad to have you with us, Mary. How did you hear about this great place we call MAS?
Thanks Carol. I will try to sit down and sew some soon! I cannot promise 275 of them, like I saw here, but I hope a little bit here and there can help out.

I have seen this group on N4M's since I joined, but have been so wrapped up with my own sailor that I was hesitant to branch out and commit until I felt the time was right with me. My daughter went to boot camp in August and I have been on a roller coaster ride since. She is now in ATT and is about to start A School, but we have all done our stabilizing in the Navy family.

Actually, my daughter is why I wanted to make something sweet and feminine for our female sailors...they see so little of those touches.

I am starting a sewing circle and thought I could adopt a sailor or something...then I saw this! I still want to adopt sailors and send care packages. I even want to invite a sailor to our Christmas meal... :)We shall see.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service