This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Looking for other Moms/Wives/GF...etc....  who is on same Div. Im looking forward to chatting here on N4M and meeting  with you guys at PIR.... I know our boys will be going through a tough journey... Im just glad us parents/wives/GF can all come together, to encourage each other and our future sailors, to support them/lean on each other and pray for them.  Wooo PIR 5/11 here we come !!!!!

Views: 5143

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Kelly

Thanks for the info, sure do appreciate it. My son is also going SWCC, so hopefully the training will begin 2 wks after graduation. lol

My son called yesterday and it was such a gift to hear his voice after three long weeks!  I can't wait till 5/11 to see him, but I'm still confused as to if he will stay in GL after boot for additional training or if he will go straight to Coronado that weekend.  Can someone with knowlege please advise?  Thanks!

So glad to hear that calls are coming in ... I havent received that call yet... hoping i get it soon... I did receive 2 letters today yay... so happy for that...!! 

@ Mamaroo - I dont think i will be attending any meet& greets .. just spending time with family 

@ Jaimers, sounds like you've done this before.  Do you know if the Meet and Greets are worthwhile?  I know Thursday we won't be able to see our boys, so thought it might be a good investment of time.    I wonder if our sons know each other? 

So SWCC goes directly to Coronado?  Pre-Buds stays for eight more weeks in Great Lakes?  Is that correct?

I know this has been posted,but I can't find it now: Where do you find pictures from BC on Facebook?  Thanks!

Hi girls... I too have a son who graduated from SWCC. He was PIR 10/1/2010 DIV 821. Unlike Kelly's son below, ours was not allowed to be with us all weekend. We had to take him back to base every night by 9pm... and we could pick him up in the morning by 7am (I believe) He was not Grad & Go though, so we did get the whole weekend... just not the nights. It was an amazing time though... enjoy it! He also stayed in GL for about 1 week and then headed to SD for SWCC. Some spend alot more time in GL though... it all depends on where there in the SWCC training and when the new classes will start. He was really glad he was only at GL for one week... he was ready to get started :) 

Good Luck to all your sons/spouses and have a great time at PIR!! It is awesome:)

Thanks for the update. Have a blessed day Everyone!!

My son is on ship 04/div 812, when I talked to him Tuesday he said he had made some good friends and I am wondering if there n4m moms who son is in the same ship and div as mine and are from Colorado and the Chicago area?
Good morning SWCC family div 812 members, in doing further research, I'm coming across that the last SWCC class started around the first week of March. So if the first two stages combined are 8 weeks, then that puts them done the last week of April, two weeks prior to our PIR date. The SWCC site has a stage called AIP that could be up to 6 weeks long for sailors awaiting instruction and for ones rolled back. So I'm thinking the next class will start the week of June 11th. Also since there are three 800 divisions back to back let's hope they hold 811 and 812 at GL till 813 graduate and then ship them as a unit to Coronado. That seems to make sense. thanks for all the info too... It's been really helpful

sounds great to me!!  Am getting quite anxious..lol

Hey Ladies ... Hows everyone doing... I cant believe  looking at my count down ,,, 25 days left until we leave for PIR.... woo hoo.... so freaking excited,,,,, I received 2 more letters the other day and son mentioned the Div 812 is coming along nicely as a Division... He also said,.... since they are a spec ops Divs.... They get a 4th meal in the evening !! lol ....needless to say .... his favorite thing is sleep and least is not enough sleep lol .....

@ Mamaroo..... the meet & greets are good .. What makes it nice it you have alot of the same Div families go there and you get to meet them ... Im skipping out on this one... since My Dau who is also in the Navy will be flying in to see (brother) PIR .... so we will be just having Fam dinner.... 

OK ... My son is bunkmates/around him  with kids last names start with C, V and R lol .... idk if that helps but message me :) 

Today is sons 19th Bday .... told him we will celebrate after PIR lol ..!!!!

Have a great day everyone... !!  God Bless !!  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service