This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Recruit arrived 9/6. Received note that all is well. Looking forward to October 28th.

Views: 5125

Replies to This Discussion

Excited and happy for them...does anyone know the exact day we will get the I'm a Sailor call?
OMG if you haven't checked out their DIV picture on facebook you need to. I totally bawled my eyes out looking at it but it was so worth it because our daughter was like I found daddy! and Kholness I haven't even thought of what we would wear to graduation. Looks like an excuse to go shopping! lol
She's 3. my profile pic is a pic we took of her before he left. and we actually have had that sailor dress for a while and it finally fit her this summer. she got that dress before he even signed up actually lol I forget kholness are you going to the meet and greet?
OK so I've been looking up places to stay. Since I can't buy my tickets and such yet (sigh) then I'm doing lots of research. the Ramada Inn where the meet and greet is looks really nice and if you go to the actual website for that particular Ramada Inn they have a Naval Graduation Promotion, the rooms are only $79-$83  and it says it's only 4 miles from the graduation. Also it has an indoor pool which may sell me over the navy lodge! lol Can't decide.......

My husband and I are staying at the LaQuinta Gurnee/Chicago.  It is a little further away, but the rate was in our price range.  We plan to arrive in time to attend the meet and greet.  Can't wait to meet you all.

We are staying at the Residence Inn...we wanted a suite so we'd have a place to hang out and relax since he's just got the one day and he's not a touristy kind of guy. 

AJM...glad you finally got a letter.  My husband and his best friend got one this week, not me.  But he didn't mention anything about the final testing and Battlestations.  I think it's supposed to be the final week of training, which is not this coming week but the following week, just before PIR.   My SR had blisters so bad that he got an infection and spent 10 days on light duty, but it didn't keep him back.  I actually talked to him about blisters before he left and offered to send bandaids in his wallet, but he said no.  I doubt it would have helped anyway. 

Thank you for the compliment on my daughter. Your kids are gorgeous! If they don't want to go to the meet and greet, you can still go. my father in law isn't going but i plan to. I'm not traveling with the in-laws because they live out in CA and I'm in MA so we are coming from complete opposite directions. i wish i could drive i love road trips but it's a 24 hour drive. which i wouldn't mind alone but not with a 3 year old lol i've driven cross country from CA to MA 4 times now and i love it. my husband and i can't wait till she's big enough to do that. yeah I like the flat rate at the navy lodge and how close it is but i think i might not mind paying the extra 10 or so $ for a pool lol and free breakfast and wifi. where is your SR going after the RTC?

I got mail!!  1st letters in two weeks...I am so happy!!  Saturday is my SRs 20th birthday, so I plan to read the letters again tomorrow....so hard to not be able to at least talk and wish him a Happy Birthday!!

My SR return a couple of the questionnaires, said everyone is really good.  He got some info on Nuke rates, etc.  He too is ready to have his phone back.  He passed his PFA - YAHOO.  I think they must pass the final one too, but at least he will have more confidence to pass it.  Said he has some blisters and had some IT (did not mention why, but sure this was the Cheeze its thing).  Said they have been really busy and Friday 10.7.11 was Week 4 Day 3 in training.  Said he and several of his buddies did good on their individual and compartment inspections.  Said he was marking down the days until Graduation.  Did anyone get news on when the Final PFA, Test and Battle Stations are in their mail?  If so message me.  If I get any news, I will message you too.  13 more days!!!

I have a habit of copying and pasting then printing out anything I think might be helpful.  While I was going through my papers this morning since we are in the last stages of planning our trip (yay!) I came across a sheet that said 'what to bring to PIR'.  The question about children being at PIR came up earlier (I think maybe Kohlness asked about it) and I saw this on the paper and thought you might want to see it.  I think a couple of other ladies have young children also, so hope it helps ya'll out:

"The music at PIR is VERY loud, drums, trumpets, etc.  I would bring ear plugs for your little ones, it could hurt your baby (or worse, wake her up!).  Bring quiet, soft toys for them to play with.  They can run around until about 8:45, then they will need to stay put, but you can walk around still or stand near entrance to bathrooms.  There are two very large motion picture screens so you'll still be able to see the graduation. (the hall is huge!).  Oh, and bring $5 to buy your little one a dixie cup (Sailors hat, or Lid as the sailors call it).  They are NOT ever allowed to try on or wear any part of a military uniform, so they sell these hats to help prevent that and kids love it (it's their size too) They sell them near the coffee stand inside the hall, but they go quickly, so find your seat, then go get a hat before they are gone!"

I can't remember who posted it or even when, so I couldn't find the link, but most posting don't have anything to do with young children and this one did.  Mine is 11 so hopefully he can entertain himself for a few hours. 

does anyone know when battlestations will be yet?  i thought perhaps a private group message was sent out but i wasn't for sure because i hadn't received anything.  if someone does know would you please email me. i'm going to praying extra hard lol!!

mine wouldn't have kept earplugs in either, when they were small.  I haven't heard anything about Battlestations, but from what I've read, it will be the week they are scheduled to graduate, so they have one more week.  On the Facebook page, it says the groups that PIR this coming Friday are going through it this week, so ours should be the next week. 

I had to go shopping yesterday and buy my 11 year old pants to wear to PIR; it's still warm here and the shorts he wears will not do for Chicago temps!  Of course I had to buy something for me, too.  Time is going to fly by. 

I had to go and buy a waterproof jacket also.  I was afraid it would be raining outside.  We see all 4 seasons in the panhandle of Texas, but my waterproof jacket is rather thin and I thought it might not work for the colder temps in Chicago either. 

My SR said he has made many new friends while in bootcamp and listed their last names.... I though OH POOH, there is no way for me to know if their moms are on N4M site, becasue we do not use last names...now more than ever I can't wait to meet all of you! 

Just think we will be able to print our parking passes this week and will soon be in single digits on the count down calendar!!!  So ready to see my SR and all of this 9/360!! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service