This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Praying our children are working hard and making themselves proud!

Views: 392

Replies to This Discussion

I am so glad I found someone else on ship 07 division 130. I have been through a lot of deployments with my husband and oldest son, but when the youngest one left for navy training- was the hardest I think. 

We got a letter this week.  Made my day.  I was sad to hear him say he was having trouble keeping up sometimes because things move so fast.  He was just talking about his bed making and folding skills, so I am not sure if it is in general keeping up or just with those skills.  I was surprised if it is in general, because he is my kid who never sits still.

He sounded encouraged still.

Hope others got letters (even if there is only two of us so far, hehe)

bj

My son said they are doing a lot of folding clothes, and making beds.  He said the instructors were really mean but they were lossening (sp) up some now though.  He said, "Mom pray for them before you pray for me, because they act as if they really are not happy with their jobs". lol My son is one that is on the go all the time too.  My husband said he will probably gain weight since he went in so skinny, and sure enough he is eating good and has put on a little muscle weight, thank God, I never thought he had muscles. lol

pb

Do you know if we can take posters or banners into the Graduation?

No...no signs please. PIR is an official ceremony recognizing your new Sailors. They are in their dress uniforms and while joyous, it is a serious event. Also, signs obstruct the view of others.

Got a 5 min call...yippeee.  He says folding and bed making not great.  He missed first test on that because he had to go to medic for nuclear testing.  He said he is The Religious Petty Officer.  His group struggling still, but he sounded good.  Tired but good.

I am soooo glad you finally heard from him, it makes all the waiting seem short doesn't it?  It is great to hear from them, I hope to hear something soon.  I can't wait to see how he is doing since he had his wisdom teeth cut out.

Got a letter today.  He sounded good.  I am worried that he failed bunk inspection.  He said he can still pass and graduate on time, but I am gonna be worried :(  He said he loves the comic strips I have been cutting out and sending and to keep doing it :)  It is so good to hear from them.  I wish more people were on here so we could have a better glimpse into their life!

We got a letter on Tuesday. He is doing well, and improving in his PT. He says it is every bit as hard as he thought it would be. The good news is that he says that they earned "a flag for athletics! Such a morale booster". I'm not really sure what that means, but sounds good to me. He still has his sense of humor...he even pulled an April Fools joke in the letter....It was SOOO good to hear from him.

I am glad to have found this group. We are in this together :D

welcome to the group!!!! I received letters yesterday (3) and I know what you mean about being sooooo happy to hear from our SR's.  The next 20 days can not get here fast enough for me. 

We got letters last week again, this time the one to my husband and I was very discouraging.  He said he feels like he is letting everyone down when he messes up.  I am hoping he is getting the bed making.  I wrote him back and told him to find someone that knows how to do it and help them.  I think he told my daughter that he finished first in the running, I know he said he did well, so I told him to find someone to help!  It is not his personality to speak frustration even when things are bad, so it was hard to read the letter.

I know he is where God called him to be, so I just keep praying.  I have a mixture of fear for the phone to ring, and him saying he is being set back, and an excitement that I want to hear from him.  But I will not let fear prevail!  I also know that he is extra busy, he said he is a Religious Petty Officer. 

Time can not go by fast enough!

We got a short letter yesterday.  They were on day 4-3, but I can not read postmark.  He said he passed PI/WTI (not sure what all these mean) and he passed "my inspection" Hoping it means he passed bunk making HEHE.  He said he qualified on live range today...again not sure what that means.  They were working on getting ready for marching.  IT was a little piece of Heaven!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service