This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 219 and 220

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2657

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning!

Cute Kitty

Thanks for creating these division discussion groups! My SR is in div 219. I have not received a personal letter or a phone call but I'm hoping I hear from him soon. He will be headed to Charleston for Nuke school after PIR. I look forward to sharing info with others who have SRs in the same TG.

Good morning. My son is in 219, is GSE, and will be in Great Lakes for A school. Hope you all are hanging in there and staying strong. I am missing my son terribly but pride is keeping me going. I can't wait to get a call and hear his voice! Hopefully soon.

Good Morning! My son is in Div 220. He will be staying in Great Lakes for school.

Good morning, my son is Division 219 he will be going to A school in Pensacola. I have not heard from him since the I arrived call, but hope to hear from him soon. 

Thank you for creating the group, looking forward to sharing information with all the other moms out there. 

Hi, Moms of Ship 13/Div. 219 & 220 . . . My son is in Div. 220.  He will go to San Antonio for A School (HM).  I keep my phone with me at ALL times and check the mail before unloading my car every day.  I panic every time I forget my phone in the other room for even a few minutes.  I'm hoping that our boys are all pulling together so much that they earn a call home soon!! 

I reserved a room at Residence Inn and booked my flight today.  That made me super excited to get to Great Lakes to see my boy!  I'm happy to be making so many friends who are sharing in my experience as a Navy Mom. 

I made reservations at the Navy lodge and booked our flights. I am ready to go!

YAY!!  My SR in DIV 219 called today at 3:00 CST and was able to talk for 30 minutes.  He sounded great and said that he likes it.  He likes the RDCs and thinks they are good mentors.  He passed the swim test and thought it was easy.  He had his baseline PT and missed the run by 30 seconds.  I'm sure he'll make it the next time.  He was the cantor for a short time, but he "sucked" at it so he is now the Dental Yeoman.  He has to make sure everyone goes to the dentist and he assists the Division Yeoman with various paperwork.  The division Yeoman is 36 years old and will be in the Navy reserves.  He said there are many "older" guys in the division and they have avoided talking to the many immature young punks.  Actually he said there is no time allowed for talking.  He compared taking a shower to running thru a car wash and said they all lay their dirty clothes around the shower to contain the water and help the poor SR who has to clean the head.  He loves the food but learned that he has to take what he wants the first time he goes thru the line.  There is not much time for eating but as Yeoman, he gets food first.  He hasn't gotten in any trouble yet and was proud of that.  He said many guys have colds or various slight illnesses including him, but he did not want to go to medical.  He has huge blisters and even though he had mole skin in is wallet, he requested that I send more.  His division and Div 220 are all male divisions.  He called from the pay phones at the NEX and the connection was awful as other moms have said.  He had to hold the cord for us to hear him.  He gets only three to four hours of sleep at night.  He thought they had a lot of P-days because Monday will be training day 1-5.  They have their first written test next friday and the RDC told them that whoever gets a 100 will earn a 15 minute phone call.  If two bunk mates each get a 100, they earn another reward, but I didn't hear what it was. They have not rec'd any mail yet, but have been allowed to write.  He said that if he has a choice between writing a letter and going to sleep, he is sleeping!  He is not sure if the letters written have actually been mailed.  He was very excited to talk about the competitiveness between divisions.  And lastly ... the best statement ... my husband asked him if he regretted his decision to join, and he said "no way."  He said the RDCs are constantly reminding them that the Navy doesn't need them and they WANTED to join.  I think my SR is where he needs to be mentally to survive BC and I am so glad I heard from him!  I hope everyone else in this TG gets a call today!!

Received a call today, as well! It was wonderful to hear his voice and I hung on every word of every story. He's doing ok, loves the food, and tolerates the bed. He said they are getting better at working together as a group and although many don't understand the reasons for the structure and nit picky details, he and others like him, are guiding those that need help. He likes the fact he has seen the group work together better and after 13 processing days, they were eager to start. So glad I took notes while he talked because I could easily share them with his brother. Great tip I read on this site! Wish I could have recorded the call because I would replay it every day. Maybe next time :)

Got the call today . . . he sounds discouraged, but was more uplifted by the time we got off the phone.  He sure is homesick.  I would never have thought he could miss us that much.  He's frustrated that mail is being held.  I hope he gets it tomorrow.  He'll get A LOT!

I bet hearing you was all he needed to push through!

I wonder when they will be getting their mail. We have mailed quite a few letters since receiving his address.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service