This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hello! My boyfriend is a nuke and in ship 02 and division 932. I though it would be nice to make a place for anyone else with the same division and/or ship to talk and share information! I hope I find some others(:

Views: 677

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter is also in Ship 02 / DIV 932! I glad you created a discussion for our group. I hope we have many more join us.
Yay! I have met one other so far, I'm hoping that she will join the group next time she is online. Her Husband is in this ship/div as well. Where are you from? I live about an hour away from the base. I am wishing for a letter sometime this week(: My boyfriend's mom won't show me the form letter...
I'm here :)  I'm sure you guys are hoping for a letter this week like me!!  I'm going to be out of town for a few days though, hopefully it's here when I get back!

I am yes. I'm pretty sad she won't show it to me, I know he wrote a message to me on the back because he told me he would before he left. I'm the one getting the parking pass though(: I really wish I could see what he said, I know its probably just "I love you and miss you and will see you soon", but it still means a lot. I know the gates open at 6:30am, and I have a hotel room booked for the night before and two after so I don't have to drive as much even though I live close. I will definitely be asking a whole lot of questions though I'm sure! I'm not entitled to any info from the recruiter even though I have his information because I'm not family or a spouse (we aren't making any plans like that until I finish my college) I know 100% I am on the PIR list though(:

I know I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on the grad packet, I'm just going to tell my boyfriend she wouldn't let me see the form letter and to send it to me... I have no problems dropping off the packet once I have my pass and make copies. Plus, his parents are divorced and I'm stuck in the middle relay-ing information.

The letter said that the gates will open at 4:30am and that if you arrive later than like 7:45 you won't be allowed in, or something like that, I don't have my letter right with me.  It also said to prepare for quite the holdup at the check in.  I'm planning on trying to get there about 6:30 too, my 11 mo. old is NOT going to be happy camper... I will be loaded with TONS of snacks for my two kids to keep them busy and quiet!
Oh wow. Well I need to be sure I look pretty so I don't think 4:30am is do-able.. I think I'm going to leave at 5:30 and hope to get parked and to the lines by 6. Good luck with the baby, that will sure be a challenge. I'm just so excited to see my boyfriend again! I'm going to cry. My last night with him was my senior prom on April 29, it was depressing! He had to drop me off at the airport the next morning for a school trip. However, I guess that weekend I'll be returning the favor of sad airport time.
that's a good idea. I'm going to try and reason with her a little more when I go pick up my boyfriends dog from her to get him groomed and.such. hopefully she will come around. I've been with her son for almost two years, I just want her to understand I love him very very much and am trying to support him in what he does. if that fails, I will ask his sister to see if she will send it to her and I could maybe get it from there.
Did either of you get a letter yet?
I'm out of town today, will get home tomorrow, and I will be RUNNING to the mailbox.  I cannot wait to have a letter!   I've really been doing fine, I've just felt soooo mentally distracted until I know that he's doing ok.  Hopefully tomorrow!!!
I'm hoping for tomorrow as well, I will post on here after I get my mail! (:
No letter. I live so close to base I don't get it. Maybe their division didn't get to write? I sure hope you two had better luck.
Same here, I write one every night and send it out the next morning. Hopefully they will get a chance to write this Sunday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service