This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Carol....just checking to see if you got a letter today?  I still didn't and was really surprised.  I am about 850 miles away, but still...if it was mailed on Monday, I should have gotten it by now.  I am worried that something happened and he wasn't able to write.

Views: 487

Replies to This Discussion

Hi!   well.. I kind of expected a letter today too..but maybe tomorrow...knowing where I live.. last week, some got letters on Fri..mine came on Monday,  I live  in a rural area, so it always takes longer,  I live 1,200 miles away...so IF he wrote Sunday and mailed Monday..maybe tomorrow? I read where it could take 5-10 days!  also assuming he found the time to write me, since he probably wrote the GF first!!  /:      Let me know if you get one tomorrow and I will do same.  carol
Hello Ladies, I have sat on the sideline long enough. My neice is in Ship 11 Div 234. I have sent a letter everyday since we got the address. I too an eager for a letter, but the same here she will probably send one to her boyfriend first. I guess that is ok because i go down the list calling everyone to see if anyone gets a letter from her. I live in South Florida and I thought that may have something to do with getting the mail a little later, but I am noticing none with family in this Div have received a letter. I do have a confession. I got a quick call on Monday. She needed some information  and she sounded so meek totally not the girl that left a few weeks ago. I was so nervous I was shaking holding the phone trying to get her the correct info. It was a collect call to my cell while I was at work and I cost $9.99 for 10 minutes. I tell you I would have paid a million even though she did not say much that was something. Wishing you all the best. Praying for everyone.
My son is in Ship 11 Div 234 too!  No letters, no calls.  It's really frustrating.  I am praying for this week.  We will have to stick together and let eachother know when we here from them.  Miss him soooo much.  Your comment made me cry, but I have done a lot of that lately.  I need to get a grip:)!! Hang in there, it is comforting to know other people are going through the same thing.
No letter here either!!   keep waiting...what else can we do?  anyway, maybe later in the week...I know I've written 15 or more to him!  hope they are not all in trouble???   I will let you know if and when we get one...carol
We shall worry together, I am still waiting for my letter and I am only 3 hours away.
Welcome, Kathleen!  I am sure Carol and I are both relieved that someone in our boys' divisions who is so close hasn't gotten a letter, either.  Hope we hear from them soon.  I'm not *worried*, I just want *some* news, you know?  Hopefully today is the day!
hello!     I don't know ..(who does)  but from reading other blogs etc..I think we MIGHT get a letter later on this week!  but..thats what I said last week..LOL!  one blog from our same DIV said they just mailed out letters.   so, maybe...My husband wonders if either their "ship" all got in trouble??  OR maybe their CO is tougher?   or  who knows??   anyway, lets keep each other posted on ANY news..I booked motel, and rental car..but holding off on airline tickets.  We live near Tampa.    Thanks and good luck!   Carol
Kathleen...I thought I would ask this question on our specific board, as it may apply only to our boys' group.  I just heard from my 13 year old son at home that the mail came today with still no letter from my oldest.  That said, I am nearly 900 miles away, as opposed to your 3 hrs.  Can you fill in a little more about what/why the stress and depression?  Are they struggling as a group with some tasks, or is it just the adjustment to being away from home and no contact?
My mail hasn't come yet today but my mom (Taylors Gramma) got a letter today!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll be stocking the mailman for the rest of the afternoon.  Keep you posted!
No letter, very let down.  My parents live in Oregon and I live in Idaho so maybe Oregon is a little closer and it didn't take as long to get to them.  But that means they were able to write so today or tomorrow I think us moms and loved ones will be getting letters!  Trying to give up the red wine but got so pumped and then bummed I think I need a glass of Cabernet:).  Those of you who get letters, ENJOY!  Hope to get mine tomorrow.  God Bless,  Angie

My mom sent me a copy of the letter in an e-mail!  He seems to be doing well.  She sent him some Q's to answer.  He has made lots of friends and has been going to a church service.  She asked him if they were mean to him and he said "O' boy, where do I begin.  I have never heard so many F words in my life, ha ha ha.  But it's okay, I don't let it get to me".  I am so happy to hear he is doing well.  That was the hardest part.  Damn, I miss him.  Tomorrow should be my letter day.   Sorry to blab, just so excited!!  Angie

Oh ladies, my son was full of sadness and homesickness. He also said the group was having a hard time working as a team.

My husband, who is a Marine says this is normal. My son hadnt received any of my letters as of 12th of June, that was the last date. I do not think we are allowed to send care packages, does anyone know for sure? He didnt mention when he might be able to call but said that he wishes he could

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service