This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

June 6

My son is in Division 937 and I am already so excited to attend PIR. Has anyone made their hotel reservations yet or am I the only one so anxious she did it BEFORE receiving the official letter? 

So far I've only received the "I got here call" and "the box." Reminded me of birth -- naked they came into civilian life and naked they left it for the Navy :) 

What a journey we are all on together!

Views: 2419

Replies to This Discussion

Hi OmahaRudy!  My daughter is also Ship 2 Div 937!  I have replied to several blogs.  I am so new to this, not sure what or where I am replying!

My daughter swore in on 5/30.  We received her phone call around 8 that evening.  She sounded like she was crying.  That broke our hearts!  She has been on the delayed entry since last July!  

Her recruiter called me on Tuesday with her address and I have been sending out a letter daily!  We also received "the box" on Tuesday evening. 

We have not received the form letter yet but...yes, I already made hotel reservations!  Just a little excited!

Hello!

I bet it was hard hearing her sad. Since she'd been waiting since July, did she see seem ready? My son waited since October. By the time May 29 got here he was like a race horse waiting to break out of the gate. I doubt that makes the first days/weeks much easier but I know he was anxious to get going.

I was excited to learn he was assigned to a 900 division. It will be interesting to learn what he's doing. He sings and drums. What about your daughter?

Thanks for joining the group and friending me! It's fun to start talking with classmate moms!

sorry to take so long to reply...not sure where to go and see if there are any messages! 

Yes, she was more than ready!  It was a little easier to see her go knowing how ready she was.

My daughter was in choir.  Not sure if whe will be doing singing or something with the flags???

Yes, I am a Minnesotan!  We are from a small town also!  About 50 miles south of Mpls/St. Paul.

It will be great meeting everyone!  I don't think our family will get to PIR until late, late, late on Thursday...you know that work thing...yeah!

I just noticed you're a Minnesotan! I'm from Minnesota -- small town about 32 miles west of Brainerd.

Sounds like she misses a great mom! The good-bye was much harder than I expected it to be. The letters should soon start coming and hopefully that will ease the pain.

hi ladies Im soo happy right now . my husbands recruiter just called and i got his address and PIR date :) he swore in on the 29th of may and  i got the "im here" call around 12:30 am when he got there. i got his box last monday that was very hard for me. it has gotten easier as the time has gone by. im so happy that i know he will be getting my letters :) I would get a hotel and tickets and everything but i want to make sure when i get his formal letter. i thought he was going to graduate in august so im a happy girl right now :) im so happy that i can to with you ladies about everything since we are all in the same boat ! will you let me know when you get a letter please ?? i've been checking my mail box 3 times a day haha. what did you mean you were excited to hear he was in a 900 division? what do the numbers mean exactly??

Hi UrabissWife, so glad you are joining us! My son was sworn in on the 29th, too. I got "the letter" Saturday! Yours should be coming!! My son didn't even include a "hi Mom." Let's hope husbands are better at communicating than sons:)

The 900 division, in our case 937, is for "performers."They might sing, play instruments, do the flags, etc.They will perform at their own PIR and, if what I've learned is correct, they might perform at a couple graduations before theirs. It's an honor to be in a 900 division, according to my son's recruiter. Another mom said her daughter's recruiter said they are the best of the best.

In addition to the regular boot camp training, they also have to practice for the performances. During PIR it will be obvious when our sailors enter the hall.

Wasn't it odd to get "the box?" looking at the clothes they were wearing the last time you saw him? What will the differences be when we see them next?

oh i hope i get the letter soon. but im all the way on the west coast so im sure it will take a long time. ugh. haha he better include some kind of sweet message .

oh wow thats awesome. my husband was in band and can play all types of instruments . do you know what your son is doing? his recruiter told me that he was in a special division so that is really awesome. im so proud of them being the best of the best :) he did tell me that they were going to to extra stuff that other recruits weren't able to do. i hope this means that we will get a long call at 3 weeks :) im glad it will be easy to spot them :)  i was nervous i wouldn't be able to pick him out of all the other hundreds on sailors!!

yeah it was so hard. i haven't washed his shirt yet because it smells like him :).  im in a really good group on facebook and the girls were telling me all sorts of different things when their husbands got out. one said her husband wouldn't look her in the eyes for months because they get yelled at in basic if they do. i hope its not that bad for them. did your son go in right after high school?

im excited to get on and buy airline tickets and check out hotels. if you find any good deals let me know :)

I'm booked at the Navy Lodge -- $65/night NO TAX. I have to believe that's the best deal. I know that some of the meet and greets are a little further away, but Sarge provides transportation I guess. There is a lot of information about PIR, area transportation, lodging and more at http://www.navyformoms.com/group/pirreferenceinformation

My son graduated college and worked for a year and a half -- he's 25. Probably one of the oldest there. 

yes my husband will be 22 in july. when he got sworn in all the other people there look soooo young . he was the only one around our area going into the navy.  im glad he is with someone more around his age . thank you for the site i will have to check it out. no information letter yet... i hope it comes tomorrow.

My daughter is 22.  She went to school and received an Associates Degree and then joined on the delayed program.  I know she was READY to go...

Hi UrabissWife-

I'm a little slow on these message boards!!  Maybe just old!  Glad you joined us!  My daughter swore in on May 30th and we just received her 'form' letter yesterday...Now we are waiting for a phone call or letter from her.  I have been including A LOT of pics.  There was a suggestion out there to scan the pics to the paper...good idea.  Hope you get your letter soon!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service