This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind that I moved our page to our PIR group.  I read where we need to do this so that the other page can be cleared for the next group.  Plus this will be easier to keep up with!  lol  Hope you all are having a great day!

Views: 756

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Good morning Sondra. So glad you are up on all of this. I am still learning the site let alone starting new discussions. lol (but I am a good follower on here) I see others have 100's of friends on here and I wonder how they have done that so soon.

Do you know how many is in our division? Is it a 100 or 10 or ? Also, (a really funny question) .... how on earth do I make the sound quit dinging on this site? I think it's the bouncy ball in the header. Please tell me you have heard the dinging/whistling noise? :)
I took mine to church although church was cancelled because the preacher has pink eye! But I did take my phone which is something I never did till my son went to bc! I used to have to take their phones so that I knew they weren't on the back pew texting! lol I don't know how to do much but I try to keep up with the info. I am either going to have to start printing things or writing them down because I forget so much! lol As for the friends, I am friends with ladies in our div and some ladies that have helped to show me the way. I spend way to much time on here just reading and feeling connected with someone that is going through the same thing. My husband looks at all this different so he really doesn't care about details. I am the type that likes to know everything that I can. lol

As for the number in our div my son said that they were down to 74 but that they only started out with 75. I guess that is a good thing. I have heard the dinging noise you are talking about. I think it does that when someone posts on the chat. I usually keep my sound off so I don't hear all that! lol I was trying to add some things on my page (like a countdown clock and music) but have not figured that out yet. I did add a few pics this morning. When i figure things out a little more I will let you know. If you have any wuestions feel free to ask me, I may not know the answer, but I bet we can figure things out. I am also going to start making a list of everyone's real name (instead of logon names) because I am horrible with names and can not for the life of me remember them. lol Hope you are having a good day!
I am so sorry you had such a rough day yesterday! Last Sunday was mine! This Sunday I was excited to tell them about his letter. We go to a small church so it is easier to tell them all at once (I lead the singing so I told them all then) lol. I do hope things start coming together for our DIV because I don't want them to be pushed back for PIR. I wonder if that would be the whole DIV or just the ones that can't seem to get it together. I wish I could tell the RDC's like I used to tell his teachers, "Call me if you have a problem with him and I will come straighten it out for you!" lol But I guess they probably don't need my help! lol Back to waiting for a letter on Wednesday. Maybe this week he will tell me more about what is going on. Hope you have had a better day today!
That dinging sound drives me crazy too... it's the little green dot in the bottom right corner. click it and it will turn red and stop dinging :) Any calls today ladies? None here...I also took my phone to church...and I said a prayer to God to please make it ring today :)
That is the chat icon! lol You turned off the chat! I have been over there just to see what people were talking about but have never actually chatted! lol
Yeh...that chat thing dings constanly on my pc. They type so fast over there...I could never keep up!
Now you know why I keep my sound off! lol
Thank you so much! I turned it off. I KNEW it had to be something simple.
In the letter I got it sounded as if our boys/girls won't be able to call until the 1st. He said that Sunday was pushing it and that they would get to call today if they could keep their noses clean and not get in trouble. He doubted that like hell, so he told me to plan on Wednesday...again only if they behave. lol.
Kinda bummed that they weren't melding like they should but it is still early and there are alot of strong personalities there I am sure. Not everyone is going to get along, but it is over coming the way you feel about someone to get the objective completed.
That is part of the growing up that they youngin's are having problems with. Hard for kids who for the most part are just starting to have a little freedom from school and parents and then have to give it up again. The breaking process will pull them back in line and if they have issues, they can end up in a special group for anger management or whatever, it adds like a week to their PIR dates. But I would say...keep those phones glued to you for the next 72 hours!!! I know I am.

And when you get the call...tell them to behave so we can get more calls, lol!!!!
Oh hey I have a question...anyone know if our SR's have interaction with other enlisteds that are out of Boot and just going to school there or whatever? My hubs said he met a guy who's from WA and he was going to call me to give some info for our banking and insurance stuff. But...if he was going to call me, than he would have a phone and I was just assuming that he must either be one of the RDC's or another enlisted that is going to school or something. I am assuming that when they go to the galleys that they are allowed to meet and greet other people other than just SR's??? I was just wondering.
Belleboo2u not sure about all that but on the video my son got on the Navy they were not allowed to talk in the galley. So I am thinking that there probably isn't any meeting and greeting. I heard that they are there to eat and nothing else. Heard that they only have like 10 minutes or so to eat and then back off to work. lol Poor guys! It was one of the things I picked on my SR about, "And no talking in the galley!" I haven't heard anything yet but still have my fingers crossed.
No call for me either. :( My letter indicated it may be two weeks. I don't think he was optimistic they would pull their team together in time. If there really is 74 in the group, I can anticipate a LOT of personalities. They will get it together. I googled the area code there in Great Lakes (847). I get a lot of out of state calls because I am in real estate and I wanted to make sure I knew what to be looking for. However, not sure with a calling card if it will come in that way. I just do not want to miss the call. He said they have an hour to call when they finally get to make it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service