This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I appear to be the first parent with a child in this division. I look forward to connecting with others in this division.  My son's name is Stephen and he is from Phoenix, AZ

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

I have only received a few short letters from my son. He mentioned that he was keeping one short so he could also write to his sister. Now that's a great reason to not hear a lot. He's being a super brother and making his sister VERY happy.
Ladies, it's best if we keep personal information -- especially last names -- off the pubic pages. Using the message option on our profile pages keeps this info in background and away from eyes that do not have a need to know. We need to keep OPSEC gudelines in mind for the safety of all.
Hello Sandy,

Glad to have you back. How was your wedding in Chicago? I have not heard much from Stephen either. Only one letter so far although his girlfriend hears from him and lets me know he is doing ok. Have you heard many details about where they are in their training or how well they are working together as a division?
Thanks -- getting home is always the best part of any trip for me. The wedding was terrific and I was especially blessed by the fact that there was no stress or strain between family segments. I got along famously with my ex and his wife. My ex-mother-in-law hugged me and told me how much she always loved me. A very healing time. I really needed that! A Ukrainian reception is something not to be missed. Wow. Quite an affair. Found out that our 2 yr old likes to rock out to Russian disco music -- and he had no trouble finding dance partners! Must get that from his Uncle Jonathan.

Got a letter from GL and could not believe how upbeat my sailor is. He is excited about starting Marlinspike (realtime hands-on seamanship training done on a ship). Ltr was dated the 21st. His handwriting isn't the greatest but I think he said he picked MM as his rate. Second time he has talked about how tight the friendships are getting with several of the others. He is looking forward to going to the fleet with them. Their marching is improving. He is excited and confident that the Navy is the right career choice for him.

Only problem is that now, after we have made alternate plans in California and beyond, he has changed his mind and wants us to come to PIR. I'm really conficted. Haven't seen my dad, brother and family since my mom died over 3 yrs ago and we are also to attend a reunion AND celebrate our silver anniversary (my SIL will watch the baby if we want to hop a flight to Hawaii or wherever). My dad is in his mid 80's and I hate to postpone on him 'again'. Have to decide quickly so I can get word to him. Sorry, I'm prattling on....
Wow! what a hard choice to make! I don't envy you your decision. Please know that if you decide you can't make it for PIR that I am happy to adopt Jonathan for the weekend. Stephen is a triplet so we will have his brothers and a girlfriend and maybe another couple of friends so one more is no problem. Tell him that Stephen is the LPO in charge of laundry if he wants to get to know him if he hasn't already.

Coming from a dysfunctional family of my own I can truely appreciate how wonderful everyone getting along really means. It's wonderful to have so many wonderful family celebrations... too bad they are all at the same time! Plese let me know if I can be of any help to your sailor. It would be my priviledge to help.
We got two letters today and Stephen says he has passed all of this tests and even won a ribbon as a sharpshooter so I am guessing they have finished their hell week portion of BC. It's hard to tell because he just says everything is great.
Got a letter from Jonathan today. Appears to have been written Sunday -- it's short and he was in a big rush saying he probably won't have time to do more writing as he prepares for tests. Schedule he sent is ... Monday the 27th is live fire; Tuesday is drill inspection; Wednesday is the second test; Friday (tomorrow) is an especially important class.

He said that "a week from Friday" (which would be the 8th) is BATTLESTATIONS.

Sounds like I won't get much more info as he wants to focus on finishing strong -- just what I have been praying for.

Go Div 345! We are at the ready with our blue candles!
Have decided to cancel my plans for Callifornia family visit, reunion and Silver Anniversary celebration so we can attend PIR. However, my attendance is still iffy. Our 2 yr old and I both have pneumonia!! What timing. Doctor is treating aggressively but my immune system makes it a role of the dice. Hope I'm ready to roll in time.
Oh my! you have certainly been tested this fall! Thanks so much for the update on their schedule. i am happy to know the exact date of BS since I am not sure I would have gotten it in time from my son. I have my blue candles ready to go! Since they will finish with their training by Saturday I wonder what they well do for the rest of the time before graduation. maybe then they will get to call us lol I will be praying for a speedy redovery for you and your daughter. I really hope to be able to meet you in Chicago.
I will enjoy meeting you as well. The 2 yr old is a grandson that we are raising. I'm not nearly young enough to have a 2 yr old of my own. Was counting on passing guardianship to Jonathan at some point in the distant future but his choice of marriage partner is taking that off the table. Hope I'm a lively 100 yr old 'cause I'm going to be the oldest soccer mom on record! My children range from 19 to 42. I am likely old enough to be your mom. LOL Hope to see you in Chicago.
Ok, now I am really impressed! I raised triplets on my own but even I in my mid-fifties would not want to take on raising another young one! The good thing about being a soccer mom though is that you get to do a lot of sitting on the sidelines LOL. Maybe the military will help Jonathan rearrange his priorities a little to make the situation a little easier for you.
Just heard that Division 345 got a 4.8 out of 5.0 on the drill inspection test they had this past Tuesday! Way to go 345! I am sure they will be at 5.0 by the time PRI roles around.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service