This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi, I am a Seal wannabe mom. Looking for other moms that are dreading Pre buds and then the big move to California for Buds after graduation.

Views: 1024

Replies to This Discussion

scalram. my son averaged 5 hours of sleep the whole time he was at BC and afterwards, during his 14 weeks at Corps school. They get used to functioning on a constant level of sleep deprivation! This will be true when they get to BUDS as well. More rest and down time during Pre Buds, hopefully time to kick any lingering bugs they have too. You may find that on Friday after PIR, all they want to do is EAT and relax/SLEEP! LOL Oh, and check their FB or call/text family and friends. =)
I can't wait to meet you moms at the meet and greet!! I know that my son has referred to one of his mates as someone he looks up too and I hope to meet that kids mom and dad. Mine is the youngest in the division he says. Says he has experinced alot of IT and has a special bond with the IT Officer!! Not sure thats a good thing. His recruit mate is someone he trained with here in Florida so if anyone on here has a son that pted in Delray or Lakeworth let me know!! Still praying hard for all our boys!! Have a great night!!
mum of 7, I would write your son and tell him to tell his friend to write or tell his Mom about N4Ms and this group of ladies who have connected here. Tell any ladies you meet in the bleachers on PIR morning too! They will need this support system for the next stages of the journey, but may not even realize that yet as they will be so excited to be able to call and text their sons again, :)

Your "boy" will grow up fast amongst the other men he trains with. Ah, what's a little IT to a SEALS candidate. :)~ How funny. Poor guy. Guess what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger! :) Actually, the BC IT, in retrospect, will be nothing compared to what his Pre Buds and BUDs instructors will put him through. He'll be chuckling ruefully later!
Hi everyone. Been a while since I have posted anything. Got my second letter today. I was so excited. I have not received any phone calls (he called his gf). Says he is not getting my letters very often. I have sent like 10. Not sure what they are doing with them. I am going to meet and greet and just ordered my ribbons. So I'm excited about meeting everyone. Hopefully some of our sons are friends. My son says he has met a lot of great guys and making lots of friends. Hopefully some of ours are the same. I understand the disappointment in not posting pictures we will have just share them between each other. Well its only 16 days. Can't wait.
glad you got a letter maybe we have one coming soon. cant wait for mail now!!!
Both of my girls received a brief letter from my son (their brother!) and so did my sister-in-law. None of the notes were very "newsy"; they were "I miss you and love you" notes, which was really sweet. The only info was that all is good, they do a lot of marching and "folding and stowing", and work with SEAL motivators daily. Sounds like they are doing fine! I appreciate him utilizing his writing time to get in touch with them, but I sure would like to be able to get some details. I wasn't planning on going to PIR, but rather wait and travel when he had an entire weekend off so I could spend more time with him. However, I am now thinking about going. Not practical for the girls to miss 2 days of school to spend such a short amount of time with him. Is anybody NOT going to PIR?
I think from what I understand that you would not want to miss PIR, it is a once in a lifetime experience. The girls would gain a lot of in sight on what their brother is doing for their country. If at all possible attend as this a very important step in your sons future. From what I understand you will get to spend the entire weekend with him. I can't wait to attend.
got a letter but I am waiting for my husband to get home to open it. I can't wait I may just rip into it but that would not be fair on him, He likes to watch me read his letters I get so emo lol let you know if he has given us any new information.
the wait is over ! woot
my son did not have much news. was wondering about home and thanked us for all the letters. was very short as he has been very busy but anything is better than no letter at all. hope you all get letters also
I just booked a flight...the girls will not travel with me as it is so difficult to miss AP high school classes. Will have to make certain they have some fun plans for the weekend so they aren't too mad at me for going without them! I decided, with the limited information that we have, that they are better off saving their days to miss school for when they know he will be able to see them - and be able to stay up all night talking and watching movies with him. They are accustomed to not seeing him as he was away for 4 years in college, but they sure do miss being able to text, e-mail, fb, skype, and talk to him! Hopefully our guys will be home during the holidays some! They will at least be able to talk to him by phone while I am there.
I'm flying home Saturday night - sure hope he has all of Saturday free! Hoping for a letter soon with more details (or any details) pertaining to liberty...
Mom4Navy, so glad to hear that you are going! Next graduation to attend isn't until the SQT graduation ceremony and that's loong way off! There is no other graduation experiance like PIR though. It is amazing and such a wonderful event for a proud parent to watch. :) Nothing beats that HUG from your brand new Sailor either. :D You may get to meet his RDCs, a buddy or two and of course, maybe some of these ladies. Do you have to be home for Sunday am, or did you just elect to do so? If not, and you can swing it, then I would see about staying through Sunday day, to allow you more time with your son.

The last couple of 800 Divs had to move over to Pre Buds on Friday afternoon. Apparently, it took almost 5 hours of their limited time. Another Div didn't have to move until the following Tuesday. Either way, they are all pretty beat on Friday and don't want to do much. You'd still get to hang out at the hotel and go eat or see a movie, at least, that's all my son wanted to do. If they don't have duty or watch, then they are free all Saturday and Sunday. IF they don't move over, then they have to be back each night. Saturday, we spent the whole day in Chicago. Took the Metra Train in, (bought the $5 all weekend passes) no traffic/parking hassles or tolls that way. :-) It was nice not to be in a rush to get back too early.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service