This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Looks like I'm the first one here, but hopefully not the last!

Views: 449

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing! We got his box on Thursday, after he left on that Monday. We've been beating a path to the mailbox watching and waiting ... I'm hoping it will be here by this coming Monday - no later than Wednesday! (I'm going out of town with my sisters for a few days and I don't want to miss it! lol)

Yes, no news is good news, but it would be nice to hear how they're doing - or at least see the "official" letter with their mailing and graduation info.

Let me know if you get anything and I'll do the same!
Hey Bonnie - I'm in Florida, for now. Let me know if you hear anything today! (And I'll do the same!) It's almost time for the mailman to get here .... lol.

Have a great day!
I hear ya! My cell even goes to the bathroom with me! It's my new best friend.

We finally got the form letter today with a short, but sweet note from our son! I was at Walmart when my husband called and told me there was a letter - he asked if he could go ahead and open it. Funny man!! Ha! I told him to wait until I got home - fortunately I was at the checkout waiting for my receipt when he called.

Hope you got that one, at least! This is the beginning of week three and according to my son's "I'm here," phone call, we should expect a call sometime between now and week four, but I'm not holding my breath on that one - as long as we get some more letters SOON!
YAY!! I was saying prayers all day, for you to at least get the form letter!! You're right about the info - we've been "exposed" to that almost since day one!

Well, if all goes according to schedule (If you can get the US Navy on a "schedule"!), we'll be getting phone calls by the end of this week or next - and maybe a letter or two in between!
Just got the form letter today, those 4 little lines can hold a lot. Was great to hear from my son. Made our airline & hotel reservations and we're looking forward to PIR.
Hi Orca - and WELCOME! Is your son on Ship 7 / Division 351, too? I was beginning to wonder if there were only two sailors on this one!

Have you had any other contact from you son since he left?
Hi, Thanks! Yes he's ship7, Division351. And Yes this has been the only contact since the 2 minute call on 8/30 letting us know he arrived. What is your son's contract? Char's is Submarine Electronics and Computers
Hi all....I finally received my "form letter" yesterday!! My son is Ship #07 Division 351 and gradutation 10/29/2010
So now I know exactly what "group" I belong to! :) He wrote asking to please write asap and that he wants his girlfriend to be sure she is there....they only allow 4 on the list but I've heard that they ususally allow others too, right???

I sent about 5 letters out today and the rest I'll send tonight...

Im so excited for him!!!
Hi Jmarie - WELCOME! We're finally starting to fill up ... well, a little at a time anyway! lol My son is going into Aviation, like his grandfather. (Not his first choice, but he didn't want to have to wait forever to go.)

BonnieMae - Lala, who usually posts on bootcamp moms, is the ribbon guru! She's on my friends' list, too. She makes ribbons with your sailor's name and division number on it. $5 for the materials and $2 for shipping. I haven't ordered any as of yet, but I probably will! If you're interested, friend her and let her know you would like to order a ribbon - or SOME ribbons!

We just finished up our next letter to our son ... and I'll be out of town from Thursday thru Monday - I want my son to call, but then again, I won't be with my husband if he does! I'm torn on that one ... . (But I'll be GLAD to hear from him either way!)
Thanks for the update, Bonnie! Like I said, I want Josh to call, but I also want it to be when his dad and I are together! (We don't have a house phone - and Josh usually calls me before he will his dad)

Everything they do that is considered "personal," has to be earned - that includes phone calls and time off for letter writing. I'm sure you know that. We kept telling Josh before he left, it wasn't going to be easy - and he can't mouth off to the Instructors like he does with us. (Not that he's a mouthy kid, but he comes from an opinionated family! lol)

I guess this is one of those situations where the saying, "That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger," comes into play. Just keep encouraging him to keep pressing on and to listen to what the instructors are trying to tell them, not what they're actually saying. Right now, they are in the "tear down" process, so they can build them up in the way the Navy needs them to be.

They'll make it through - with our love and support!
I understand what you're saying ... and I'm sure just talking to you, helped him out tremendously! Sometimes you just have to vent - and you're more than welcome to do so! Hey, that's what we're here for! SUPPORT! Us for them - and us for each other!
Hi BonnieMae, Would you share what you can. I've not heard anymore from my son, which is par for the course when he's away.. Thanks

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service