I am thinking they aren't allowed to write mail until 2-3 weeks in, and I am hoping o have something next week. As far as I know everyone whose sr went on 1/18 is fast tracking. That makes me happy as it means I get to see my sr earlier!
We have already made reservations at the Marriott Residence Inn in Waukegan and have lined up the airline tickets. We are using miles and were told that if need be we could change dates without having to pay extra if something changed.
We're also at that Residence Inn! And we got non-refundable tickets, because even with a change fee they're cheaper than refundable ones. I believe Southwest Airlines doesn't charge for changing tickets, if they fly into where you are. There might be others. But we're on American, and their fee is $150! We got pretty cheap tickets, though, and like you, I'm going to be there, whatever it takes.
Remember that March 11 and 18 both fall into spring break dates, so don't wait too long to book something.
I hadn't even thought about spring break! We will see you mysterfan at the Residence Inn! amsred2 the airlines usually do charge a change fee, however I have heard that Southwest Airlines doesn't.
Let's think positive that we are going to get mail this week! However we need to be aware that these may be early letters and they may be hard to read! Hopefully as the weeks go by things will improve and hopefully the sound of the letters will also.
I'm still waiting for word of any kind. I kind of think of it this way...if my son was having a REALLY hard time, he would call or write. No news....yada yada ..yada... He grew up Navy and we more than prepared him for what was to come.
I cant buy my tickets just yet so I will probably pay more but it wont stop me. You all gonna go to the reception on the 10th at the Ramada? I havnt decided where we are staying yet. Probably the Navy Lodge on base. But either way, we can probably all get together on the 10th.
That would be great! I would like to meet others in the division our sr's are in. Mysteryfan will you try to join us?
We are going to have to fly in on the 9th as that was when we were able to get airline tickets that would get us there at a reasonable hour! Otherwise we would have had to go from the airport, to the hotel, to the PIR!
I am hoping for a letter today or a phone call. This week will be the week when we start hearing from them just because that's what I want! You think that will work? A little positive thinking?