This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi all!  I thought this might be a good way for us to connect!  So took the advice of some other moms.  Hopefully we can get information on when we start receiving calls and letters and other info!

Views: 529

Replies to This Discussion

Hi glassdog and mysteryfan.  We are staying at Americas Best Value Inn...last I heard our son will be staying in GL for A school.  Are you going to the Meet N Greet at the Ramada?
I won't be able to go to the Meet N Greet, since our flight arrives late Thursday afternoon in Chicago. I'll send you a friend request so we can exchange some info that we can't post here on the message board and we can figure out how or when to get together later.
DebbieD I am planning on going to the Ramada for the meet and greet.  We are at the Residence Inn.  Not totally sure about our son.  Think he may be leaving for P'cola on Saturday morning.  Hope he gets to stay a little longer than that.  Know he is heading for P'cola though!

Good Evening Ladies,  my SR is also in Div 102, just thought I'd share that he call about an hour ago.  He sounded great and told me that because they passed their final PT and exams they were granted 10 to 15 min phone privileges.  This is the first time I've been able to speak to him since the night he arrived at GL'S.  The 3rd week when he was able to call, we were leaving on a cruise and were in international waters by about 1/2 hours, bummer!  But we knew it might happen.  Anyway Just thought I'd share, that I hope all of your SR'S were able to call today and sounded as great as mine did!!!  Just curious if I'm the only one whose past two weeks or so have been difficult?  Crying almost as much lately as when he left

I also got a call and my sr is fighting another cold but he sounded pretty good.  They took 3rd in the Captains Cup and we are so looking forward to seeing him.  Denisebugaj glad you have joined us.  Are you going to be at the meet and greet at the Ramada on Thursday night?

Hang in there. 

I do remember those bootcamp days, everyone got sick when I went through BC we called it recruit crud!  My SR said everyone at one point or another was sick. 

We are planning on attending the meet and greet, I will have with my daugher, husband and soon to be daughter in law with me.  Don't know exactly how long we will stay, my husband is a retired Marine and doesn't care for crowds you could say he doesn't play well with others sometimes LOL!

I am so excited went grocery shopping this morning and bought some of my SR'S favorites to bring with me. 

We will try to be early so we can try to locate you.  I can understand your husband as I am hard of hearing and sometimes crowds get to me.  However there is no way I will miss this or seeing my sr.  I am praying that all goes well with 102 and all of the divisions left for battle stations.

We are staying at the Residence Inn, what hotel will you be at ?

Glassdog, sorry for the late response our internet was down yesterday I literally felt like I was going through withdrawal.  We are stay at the Candlewood Suites in Waukegan.  Just FYI my mother is very Catholic and lit candles for our boys this morning after mass.  Sleeping is not going to be easy tonight. 

Hope to see you at the meet and greet then!

Thank your mom for the candles.  It just makes me feel better and calmer.  We need to know that if they have made it this far it will happen it is just a matter of time.  I am going to read Sherlock Holmes( my son gave the book with all of the stories in it for Christmas and I just keep plugging away) so that I will feel a bit closer to him maybe and drink some chamomile tea.

Be well tonight and know that our sr's are Navy strong.

Susie and glassdog-Sorry I missed you at GL. My son didn't have to return to A school barracks until 9:00, so by the time we got back from taking him, I wasn't sure if you guys would still be there, and I was asleep on my feet! Had a great time watching them graduate and getting to visit with my Sailor, who was sick with "the crud" but so grown up and dedicated I was truly impressed and amazed. Best of luck to you and your Sailors!

mysteryfan totally understand.  We weren't able to meet as time just got away from us but hope we can keep in touch.  I also was asleep on my feet and had so great a time with my sailor!  He also was sick with the crud and I hope he can feel better once he gets to P'cola.

I take it you like to read mysteries.  I am a mystery fan myself, so maybe we should check to see if there is a group for us!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service