This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Would love to connect and hear from those of you with a son/dau in the same Ship 10/Dvision 167 group.  We received our "Box" today and the form letter from Chase.  Were hoping & looking forward to his call/'s and letters between now and when we see him on 4/23/10.  We have so many questions and so curious/anxious to hear about everything going on. 

Looking forward to hear from you all. Have a great evening!

Hugs....Janiece/Utah

Views: 324

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Janiece,

I'm a proud aunt that has a nephew that is in the same Division. I drove down to Oklahoma from Minnesota to spend some time with him before he left. I had the privilege to see him get to the hotel safely. I can say he seemed to be in good spirits and very excited about his new adventure. I however seemed nervous for him along with my mother. His mother called and let me know that he had made it to the base safe. I look forward just as you do to see them on 4/23/10.

God Bless you and your family,
Stacey/MN
Attachments:
hi stacey, its the dum disabled mom again. my husband all arrangements,flight, hotel and car. we never have dealt with the navy before, been on computer 18 hrs. now. after 2 operations on back, i am hurting now. found out our hotel and lenny's girlfriend's hotel doesn't have shuttles-boo-hoo, wish i did the plans and read more. so our hotel said we can get a cab, more expensive but it will save my back at grad. public affairs said after grad. our son will take 1/2 hr. to get his things, while he is doing that we call cab and someone stays w/ cab and we can all leave. wish i could met you, i wonder if our sons know each other? like i said our last name is schittino but the officers call him shit----tino, maybe your son would know him by that or francesco, nick name lenny. i will be the short kinda thin women with a cane, my husband is tall and a little heavy with white hair. don't know if i should be writting this but tried and hurt, so please excuse me. thanks, congrats and proud of all the kids, sincerely, terri
Hi Stacy,
Your a great aunt and I'm sure your nephew is happy to have all of your guys support. That was a long drive for you but it will always be a special memory for your nephew. What part of MN are you from? Our son Chase was originally going to attend St. Cloud Univ for wrestling but he ended up going to Utah State Univ. He did one year there and decided to join the Navy this past summer. He was in the DEP program since June 6th. He tested and they offered him the Nuke program. Its great to see the adventure ahead of them and hope they take every opportunity to rise & excel. We have only received "the box" and the form letter from Chase. Oh, and the 30 sec call from BC that said I'm here and doing great. I'd like to be optimistic that we'll get letters while he's there but reality I probably won't. Guys are just not great at writing. I made our flight & car rental arrangements today for PIR. I'm still working on hotel stuff. Stay in touch and let me know all about your nephew. Have a great weekend and continue to write letters to your nephew.
Hugs....
Janiece /Utah :)
Hi Janiece, I'm a proud mom with son in same ship & division. We received "the box" last Friday and the form letter Monday. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from him, we too have many questions and are very curious how he is doing. I was able to talk/text to him several times the day he left, he was so excited and up beat. I hope he still feels that same way. We really miss him but we are so proud of his decision to join the Navy.

Take care-Renee/Missouri
Still no letter :( I'm so anxious to hear how he is doing. I know he is fine and being taken well care of but I want to know whats going thru his mind.
Hello Renee...
From all I've read, no one has received letters. I know our boys are doing fine and learning so much. This week will start the beginning of all the fun stuff that boot camp brings. My husband and I pulled up the agenda of what each week the recruits will be doing. We found it's much easier if we have ideas of what he's doing for the next couple of days. We also watched a few more of the boot camp video's. There are some really good ones at the website for dads. www.navydads.com Well, guess I should get to bed. Have a long day with work tomorrow. (hopefully the calls will start to come in from all our sons). Take care and keep in touch :)
Hugs....Janiece /Utah

Week 3.
Reality check: This week, you’ll board a land-bound training ship. Everything will be hands-on — something your Recruiter told you the Navy is big on. Here’s the proof. You’ll learn everything from ship nomenclature to first aid techniques to semaphore (signaling with flags). All the real-world lessons you’ll need to survive in the Navy world. Classroom studies will focus on Customs and Courtesies, laws of armed conflict, money management, shipboard communication, Navy ship and aircraft identification, and basic seamanship.

Step up for the first of two physical training tests — curl ups, sit-reaches, push-ups and a 1.5-mile run. Good luck — but if you don’t pass the first time, your Recruit Division Commander will work with you to ensure you do next time. That’s because success is everybody’s goal in the Navy — not just yours.
Hey Janiece-we have watched several of the boot camp video's and yes they have been so helpful. I feel like I'm not completely in the dark. We watched several with our son before he left so he too would have an idea of what to expect. Its great talking to you. Have a great day!

Take care-Renee
Hello all,
I got my letter from William this morning. Very excited to hear from him. His letter was short but very nice to read. He said that he is doing good however misses his family & friends. He told me it wasn't too stressful and that so far nothing to amazingly difficult. Just a lot of listening to instructions day to day. The food is not too bad, he just wishes he had more sleep and contact with family & friends.

Keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
Congrat's Stacey!!! I'm so happy to hear that you've received word from your son. This will be better closure for you & the family to know that he's doing well and being well take care of. It will be great to see these young men in a few weeks and see the wonderful transformation that's taken place. It's so hard to not be in contact with them and be the "hoover" mom as my husband would say. They will continue and always be in our thoughts & prayers. Thanks for the update and I'll keep you posted if I heard anything from Chase.
Hugs :)
Janiece /Utah
Stacey-very excited for you that you received a letter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one today! Sounds like your son is doing fine. I'm so anxious to see how Kurtis is.

Take care-Renee
hi stacey, i am terri, can't remember who i have written too. my son lenny has been doing good. he has been in tune to everything he is experiences. we have gotten 2 calls and 7 letters, his girlfriend got 4 calls and like 9 or 10 short letters. he talked about this week, its the hardest, they have gotten gassed, that scared me. shooting guns he loved but said there was always someone yelling at all of them in both ears with them holding guns. he said he probably could make a bed, fold clothes and iron better than me, which he has never done in his whole life. he moved up and got a a on some test and was allowed 1 hr. phone call, that was great, we all talked to him. the sad thing was his only grandparent left, his italian grandmother, sprained her knee, she is 84, she missed his call. after grad. i am ordering 2 video's, 1 for us and 1 for his nonna. so very proud of him, he talked about so many leaving, getting sick or thrown out, that would have been me. i wish i could meet all you moms that have been so kind to help me. lenny goes to florida for A school, then califorina. oh he comes home for a little while after florida. nice to talk to all of you sweet moms and again God bless our kids and our familes, terri
Hi everyone,
My son is in the same division-it's good hear from other people. We received Matt's first letter last week-he sounded really good. I was expecting a really 'down' letter but was happy to read an upbeat one although he did say that he missed everyone at home. It's funny to read all of the comments from other people's children (mine included) about not sending too many letters "I need to keep a low profile mom-don't draw too much attention to me" but it all changes when they get there and then it's "write as soon and as much as possible" lol.
I couldn't be prouder of him and can't wait to hear from him.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service