This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I tried to send a message a minute ago, but I don't think it worked.  Does anyone have a child on Ship 11, Division 211?  Our son is there and we don't know much and I just found this group!  We did get a call the 3rd week for about 10 minutes, but he says in his letters that he is not getting any mail and we are sending letters everyday.  Does anyone know if we will get another call and if so, when it might be?  Or when they are doing Battlestations?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Views: 227

Replies to This Discussion

Stephanie, my son is on the same Ship Div 214 but I believe they are in the same barracks. There is ton's of information on this site and has helped me a ton. They are doing Batlestations next week. They are testing this week. You will get a call as soon as they pass Battlestations letting us know they have passed. Div. 14 does theirs on Wednesday. Which is close were leaving 3:00 am thursday morning. So we should get at least one more call. I'm hoping if they do good this weekend we may get a call then. I see you have found the PIR 6/11 there is a reception Friday evening at the Ramada for the families of the graduates. There is info on that as well. Please feel free to email with any questions you may have. Lisa
Hi Lisa, I think you are right about them being in the same barracks. I only found this site yesterday and I have learned a TON from reading through some of it. I do know that Battlestations is next week and he was headed to the gas chambers after doing a good bit of firefighting. Do you remember what day your son began basic? Will began his p days on a Friday and pretty quickly (two weeks?) we got the form letter saying when PIR would be. We are leaving on Wednesday because we have an 18 month old and we don't think he'll make it without an overnight stop. However, every letter we have gotten has been a good one (except that he thinks we are not writing enough - but we send something every day or every other day). Are there several moms from your son's division on this Navy moms' site? What is your son's job going to be (if you can say)? Stephanie
Hi Stephanie,

My son is in the same division as yours and their battlestation is on Tuesday. Hopefully we will both receive a call sometime on Wednesday. I spoke with Tim after their gas mask lesson and he said it was the worst experience of his life! All in all he seems to be doing very well, and like all the others, cannot wait for the end of bootcamp! He is staying in Great Lakes to attend Hosptial Corpsman school. Hoping to be able to spend a lot of time with him over the weekend. My daughter and I are flying in on Thursday afternoon, and surprising him with his best friend. We are so pumped to see him, I just hope he hasn't changed too much. He mentioned in one of his recent letters that he feels different but couldn't put his finger on what it was....There are not many of our division Mother's on the site. Another, Patti, and I have spoken a few times and we are anxious to meet one another at the Meet and Greet at the Ramada Thursday night.

Hang in there! It's almost over. Tim arrived at GL on April 15. It seems like years ago!! Hope to see you at the Meet and Greet!! Safe Travels.... Annie
Oh Thanks, Annie! It is so nice to hear from you. In our last letter, Will said he was just about to do gas mask and that he was not looking forward to it. Overall, though, his letters are positive and he sounded upbeat when we did talk to him. He is also staying in Great Lakes for A school and it is also to train to be a Corpsman. I guess they probably know each other. Neat! Thinking about it, Will also got in to GL on April 15...late. We'll look forward to seeing you at the Meet and Greet! Safe travels to you as well....Did your son happen to say anything about bringing clothes or other items for him after boot? In a letter, Will mentioned that he cannot wear any civies for 4-6 weeks and for us not to worry about bringing things...other than the cell phone! Stephanie
I keep forgetting to ask him if he wants me to bring anything special. I already have his phone and iPod ready and will be bringing my laptop so he can check his facebook. Besides his friends and family, he says he misses technology!! I have read they cannot take anything back to their ship and they are not permitted to carry cell phones while in uniform. I also have his sunglasses, but I don't know if he will be allowed to wear them or not - I would imagine if they are not Navy issued standard, they will be a forbidden item. So many rules to worry about. I think these next few days will go by very slowly and the weekend will pass too quickly. We will have to savor every moment.....Annie
I have been waiting to find other moms with the same division as my son Kris. We did receive a phone call during week 3 and we have received a few letters. We didn't recieve one this week. I am a littl eworried about him because in his last letter he was a little down. I think about him every 2 minutes or so. I just can't wait to see him. It is good to know that his battle stations is on Tues/wed I just hope we will be able to get the call. We are leaving early Thurs AM coming from California.
Hello, good morning for everyone!!! Just 5 more days! My husband is in ship 11 div 211 too. I don't listen from him since may 10. I only got letters every thursday, but I want to listen his voice. I miss him a lot. Every division had have more than one phone call less us =(.
It is so nice to 'see' all of you! I'm going to try to upload a pic to the profile tonight. Annie - the only item Will specifically asked for was his cell phone and for us to bring it charged up. I'm bringing my laptop for him to check FB and one pair of shorts and t shirt for possible lounging in the hotel room, based upon what I've learned on this site. Terelack - our last letter was shorter than the others, but there was still a humorous line or two. They are so close that they are probably just extrememly worn out! Patti - we never heard specifically from our son when BS is/was supposed to be, but with 10 days to go (written at the top of the last letter), he said they still had to do formal dress pictures, gas chamber - maybe the next day? - BS and something else, but I cannot remember what it was, sorry. But it sounds like Annie was able to talk to her son most recently...so adding it up, the tues day sounds about right. And yes, we are planning to be at the meet and greet. Are you? Hele - hang in there. You're husband is going to be so excited to see you, also! Hele - are you coming to the meet and greet? OH yeah...has anyone else besides Annie heard more than once? We are getting anxious and sort of wonder why we haven't had any other calls because he thought he was going to be able to call again some time in the future after the 3rd week. Thanks and looking forward to meeting you guys. We are leaving Wed from TN, but have an 18 month old to contend with and an 18 yr old to pick up at the airport Thurs. Stephanie
HI Y'all, My son David is in Ship 11 division 211. He originally was graduating last week. But unfortunately he was hurt and it was delayed a week. So here I am. It's only a small set back, and steam ahead. I thought he had done battlestations last week. From what you ladies wrote, battlestations starts tomorrow night till Wednesday morning. Is that right??

Unfortunately I won't be there for PIR because of obligations. You don't know how angry and devastated I was. But now I am over it. The day looks brighter and part of my family is able to go. I was so upset thinking that David would be the only one without family there. It turns out there is a bunch of guys that go off base and do things together. How resourceful. I think it was tearing me apart more than it would him after learning about this. I thought the sailors would be stuck on base the entire weekend.
susan2david - I've heard that guys who don't have their parents there are sometimes 'adopted' by other families, but if some of your family will be there, that will be great for him! Have them take tons of pictures!
Oh...can somebody post after you get 'the call' saying battlestations is done so that we can all know in general terms when we can be expecting to hear from our sailor?? I've been really good throughout this time period, but I am starting to get anxious! Thanks!
I surely will do that. Good luck to our young men. Go ship 11 division 211!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service