This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Just want to connect with moms whose SR arrived July 17, 2012. Haven't heard from him yet, but I'm sure that is just a matter of time. Expecting form letter next week, then we'll have a better idea.

Views: 1150

Replies to This Discussion

My son left on July 16th, too.  All we've received is his personal belongings box. Nothing else. My son, too, is 18 and left for BC from Montana.  I am really anxious to hear how he is doing. He is my oldest child and the first one to leave home. I am praying everyday that he is holding up ok and that he, too, isn't too miserable.  I carry my phone with me everywhere I go and I can't wait to get the first letter so we know how he is doing.

Be sure and go to the videos on this page, they are really great:http://www.navyformoms.com/forum/topics/survival-guide-for-navy-for... . Also the power points by the Navy dad are great (with maps and diagrams). Helps you get a feel for what they are going through and where they are. I can't begin to describe how that misery translates into strength. I remember my first week at Army Basic. Every night after lights out there were tears from one bed or another. But by the time we were finished, we felt invincible! In my platoon we came up with a mantra that kept us going, "They can have my body, but not my mind".....lol.

The kids are much more resiliant than you would think. And the military does not put all that money and time into training just to tear people down. They really want the recruits to succeed.

Hi Mikey's Mom,

My son also arrived at GL on the 17th. Got the "I'm here" call around 10:20 that evening. His recruiter called me with his address on the 18th. I wrote him a letter right away, but it didn't get mailed until the 20th. I received "the box" on the 20th. So now I wait for the form letter, I guess. I did write to him again today...

Have you received "the box" yet?..

Nope, no box. The more I think about it, the more I think we may not get one. He only had the clothes on his back and his driver's license. If he didn't want the clothes, he would probably just donate them rather than send them home. I'm really looking forward to the form letter (even if he doesn't "add"" anything to it).

My son also left July 17, from Miami, I got the call about 12 am, I am looking forward to getting letters or a phone call, I am  learning a lot from Navy for moms website, if all goes accordingly our kids will be graduating together.

Hi my son also arrived on 7/17 have not received his box yet, hoping to get it this week.  I did receive his address from his recruiter he is on ship 14 div 292. It has been the hardest week of my life.  I hear it gets easier so cant wait for that.  Hope you are all hanging in there :)

Hey!  My son left on the 17th as well!  It is cool to connect with people on the very same timeline!  I have been reading all of your messages...so, seriously...no cards?  My son has little brother and sister so they bought some funny cards to send to him.  Nothing mushy...just funny. Have any of you found out where your child is?  I called my son's recruiter last night and he said he would check on the computer and see if it was posted yet.  My heart goes out to the 2 of you with17 year olds...my son just turned 21...not that it is any easier, but I have grieved him already when he left for college 9 hours away at 18.  Of course, we could talk any time unlike now.  It will be neat to see if any of our kids are in same division.  Soooo, waiting for the form letter with the rest of you...

no call no box...sitting here at work with my phone next to me so i don't miss it...I might reach out to his recruiter today if i don't hear anything....

his recruiter did advice before he left no cards or anything other then the standard envelope as it would  make him  stand out he would pay for that ...so no cards.

silly question...when you got address did it show exactly how to address the envelope...

I haven't gotten Jordan's address yet...but here is a link that shows how to address the letters...hoping to be able to send something today if his recruiter locates him.

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/contact_recruit.asp

I received Jordan's box on Friday so maybe you will receive today...

So I heard that we shouldn't use the 4 digit zip code extension. Is that accurate? Becuase the bootcamp.navy site shows the extension. I know, the form letter will address this, but am anxious to start sending! Daughter arrived GL on the 17th. No box yet but was given her ship and div.

Here is how it will look on the Form Letter:

SR, Last Name, First Name, Middle initial
Ship ##, Divison ###
Recruit Training Command
#### Something Drive or Avenue
Great Lakes ILL 60088-####

*The Recruit Training Command can be left off...however, if your SR (Seaman Recruit) writes home and says to put it in there...do so. Also, some of you may get a Ship Name along with the Ship number (all of the Ships at RTC are named for real Naval Vessels) from the Recruiter. It is also not necessary...again if your recruit writes and says to add it...do so. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service