This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1544

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there. My son also leaves on Oct, 25th. While am very excited for him I am also nervous and anxious. Luckily his recruiter requires weekly P.T. with him and goes over and quizzes the DEPpers on the booklet so they are better prepared. The thing that is concerning me already is the date for the PIR. Their 8 weeks is up on Christmas week. Does anyone know from prior experience if they will have graduation that week or if it will be postpones until after the holidays?
Hi Adam's mom... I am Nathan's mom. He leaves from albuquerque on the 26th. I didn't know anyone was leaving on Monday. Well my prayers are with you and your family... tomorrow I will be going through the same experience as yourself.

Juanita
Hi Juanita, It is so nice to welcome you here. We are all excited, happy, stressed, and already missing our children. Go to the last page here, I think it is 100 now and you will find all the current posts about leaving this week. Hugs and looking forward to sharing this journey with you. Kathy
Im in that same boat with you jordans mom. We're looking at December 24th but it doesn't seem to me that they would graduate anyone on Christmas Eve. I'll be curious to see what others say on this. Great question!
Tysmom-what we have heard is that there are no PIRs after Dec. 17 for a couple of weeks and that is why we are thinking the 10th or 17th. Otherwise they would be pushed into January!!
Nancy
Hi my daughter first day at BC was 10/21-just got my box.

Maria
Well we certainly did our posts at the same time. :-)
Another recruit from our town leaves first week of Nov. That would mean that they would be in over Christmas holidays unless they push them to 12/17. That would be quick.
No graduation on the 24th, I have talked to them up at Great Lakes. They will graduates some on the 17th and then another group on the 22nd. As for what the following week looks like I do not know.
My son's recruiter told me they will probably step up their training so they are done Dec. 17. That would be nice but I'm sure there's no guarantee.
Welcome Jordansmom, It sounds like we are all having the same feelings as BC gets closer. I am glad you are here. My son also has workouts with his recruits once a week. He also runs almost everyday and does the rest between his workout days. He is just starting his memorization. Last December the deppers who left the week of October 25 were put in two PIR's, Dec 18 and Dec 30. I don't know how they figure who goes where but that is what they did. I guess we just have to wait and see.
Betsy, B's dep meeting are once a month but every tuesday he has what he calls workouts with the recruiters. Ask your son about that. Maybe they have those days too. B said they are not required but lots of deppers go. If the recruiters don't have the once a week maybe they will if asked about it.
NavyABE, thank you for the stretching tip. I will tell B. That is great that you have your friends to get info from. It always helps to know what to expect. B has a friend in the Airforce that has been very helpful. Are you getting excited about BC? B is but still he told me to stop with the countdown because it was making him crazy. lol. He feels the time flying by and he stills has so much he needs to do. Everyone have a good night. Kathy
Sometimes the local YMCAs will let a DEP Recruit come in and work out for free too! :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service