This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I've been conversing with some OCS moms who have been very helpful and I appreciate all of the information as my LO gets ready to enter OCS on May 9th (mother's day no less).  I learned that there's a new group every 3 weeks so if I've got it right and the March 28th group is 16-10, then May 9th must be 18-10.  I'm learning so much and curious if anyone has someone starting May 9th. The date is fast approaching!!

Views: 506

Replies to This Discussion

Your boyfriend is in 18-10 and just rolled into H company? I just found out last night that my son, who is in 18-10 just rolled into H company for a pulled groin muscle. He sounded upbeat because this has happened before and he works it through, but I must admit, I was a bit down! I wonder if this means he is no longer in 18-10??
egbot - unfortunately your LO will probably not be in 18-10 when he classes up from H Class. He will have to recover from the groin injury and probably have to pass a minimum of 1, possibly more PFA's before he can class up. Take heart, a good number of candidates roll into H for a variety of reasons and class up to finish training. He will have time to rest up and study during his time there. PM me if you want any specifics.
The good news egbot is that your son made it past a lot of tough days before he rolled and I believe that he doesn't have to repeat them- he classes up at the point he rolled. Also, he'll know a lot of people in 19-10 (if that's where he goes) because so many are rolling from 18-10.
good luck to all of you either continuing on or spending some time in H. I will continue to remember all in my prayers.
Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and help. I am hoping he gets rolled into 19-10 and goes on from there. He has two weeks more to recoup. I don't know how many of 18-10 have already gone into H class. Although it would mean more friendly faces for my LO, I would not wish for this to happen to his classmates. I try to keep upbeat and hope that my son will have an opportunity to call again soon so I can hear his voice and see if he is doing better. You have all been so helpful to me! I cannot thank you enough. It is such a comfort to know that others have gone through this before and that we're never truly alone!
Egbot and teddi, so sorry to hear that your sons have rolled, but it will give them time to heal. Unfortunately, they may have to start from square one when they class up again. They have to take openings in the classes when they can get them, once they pass the necessary PFAs and are ready to leave H Class. My son started in 08-10 when the format was different. He got pneumonia and rolled in his second week. Back then, he was already out of the indoc phase, out of the poopie suit and an OC. But after 7 weeks in H Class he joined 12-10 and had to start almost from day one.I think it was actually day three and he had to do Throwdown Thursday and Outpost again, even though he had already done them.
One nice thing about H Class is they get the opportunity to call more often. Be prepared for your pep talks because sometimes they can get down, seeing their class advance while they are at a standstill. Just keep reminding them of the need to get better and they will be fine. Even after my son's long period in H Class, it worked out for the best. His class, 12-10, was awesome and he felt fortunate to be with them. He also was assigned who he deemed the best DI at OCS, so it was a winning situation all around for him. Everything happens for a reason!!
Good luck and keep us posted!!
Thank you so much. I didn't realize that they can be in H class for 7 weeks or more. Not that I would wish that on anyone, but it's good to know that you're given time to heal and not "thrown out"!! We were trying to plan a family vacation, but we'll have to postpone because I have no idea when my LO will get back into a class and when he'll graduate!
Hi Cheryl S, Your son is an inspiration, and it is true, egbot, it's nice they give them many chances to complete the program .In the last group, I think most rolled, so it's a way of life there.My son is in H right now and I always wonder what's happening there.
Navy blue, I found that 'not knowing' the hardest part. Before OCS, you could call them at will or see them regularly and talk. Now, it's so out of your control and the constant wondering and worrying is so hard. I spent many, many moments in tears and no one ever really understood except here. Lean on these people whenever you need to...it's what got me through those 19 weeks.
Cheryl S,you have it exactly right! Here we were, involved parents, knew their friends, even some of their friends parents, involved with their activities and we were a part of their lives, and all of a sudden, there's almost no communication! Then I wonder if he'll be so different and busy that I'll never know what really went on! It's so different than anything else! Even if they went overseas, they e-mailed and called! i am so grateful for you and these other Moms-no one else can relate.
teddi, my son was mail body, too! Said the good thing about it is that he got to meet lots of other people when they would come to get their mail! I used to ask him about some of the LO's of the other moms/wives/girlfriends here on N4M once I found out some last names. He always chuckled (sarcastically) when I mentioned them, but he came to realize how much all of these people meant to me.
You're welcome for the support of course. People gave it to me freely when I was where you are and I have to pay if forward. Contact me anytime.
Teddi, your son is in H now? I spoke to my son last night and he mentioned that another H classmate said his mom was talking to me! Unfortunately, my son didn't mention his classmate's name. So now I'm wondering, who it can be? My LO is going into PT on Friday and hopes to deal with the pain for a week or so and then roll into the next group. I didn't want him to push it, but there's just so much you can tell them! He's just so eager to prove himself!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service