This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Views: 548

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I know that everyone is cautioning me on not getting too stressed out or anything but big projects like this are what I live for. I used to be the contract manager for an entire company before I moved. If I can get names and numbers of everyone I need to contact I would be more than happy to do so. I can contact the local schools and I can get the paperwork for us to be a non profit organization but will need at least one other person in the Everett area.
Also my mother and I are part of a sewing and quilting group and would like to take on My hudbands Division and 4 other Divisions that have our closest friends. That would be about 700 Pillow cases for my group. We already have fabric and everything just need to know the project is a go and we can get started.
We also need a name for the organization to even start paperwork to become recognized. A Coordinator and a Co-Coordinator and we have to have at least 2 signatures when we turn in our paperwork. This is why there must be at least one other person in Everett.

Dollyslaffn- You have many great ideas and also as far as shipping maybe getting some space bags and send each person contrubuting a bag or two would help with shipping costs. If we buy the bags in bulk we will save on shipping because we will need less room. I have found this out when I was making blankets for the relief effort in Haiti a few weeks back.

If we can get a list of who we need to contact and everything I believe we can get this project up and running and completed in no time. We have alot of time and we have the drive as many of you have shown from your pposts.

I say lets do this!!!
For my part, I will need someone to instruct me as to the size of the fabric, type of material; basically whatever is necessary to complete one pillowcase. I will purchase as much as I can afford.
I will be happy to type up directions for anyone who wants to participate soon.

I make them all the time like Sue, so its kind of second nature!!!!
Okay Sue now that I have recovered from the number we need (LOL) and read through the post I think what dollyslaffn said would work. If 20-22 people agreed to provide 225 each we could do this project and we do have plenty of time to work on them. I think that it might be better if we didn't have a theme that way we could pick up material as we found it at a good price. I am building up my stash and I have over a hundred already and me and my sister in law just cut out another 25 tonight. If we decide to do this I am on board and will commit to the 225.
I will be more than happy to do the 225,and any extras which might pop up. Any moms willing to do fund raising? I checked; there are a few fabric stores in Jacksonville, Fl.,which is near me,so I WILL be able to purchase fabric.
You are great Matt's mom. She's one of my HAE crew.

Okay, sounds like you are wanting to pursue this. Stephanie Alice, you come well prepared. Are you wanting to step up to be the coordinator? I don't know who lives where, but I am in AZ and have my hands full anyway.

One more word of caution. HAS anyone contacted the ombudsman for the ship? You will need to go thru them and have permission from the command before you start anything.

I know this for a fact because of doing the entire ship for the USS New York. And it took weeks to get an answer. That might've been because they were getting ready for commissioning. There are rules about sending gifts to the whole ship.

So I guess first thing to determine is, WHO is the coordinator. Then that person needs to contact the ombudsman and start there.

And I will still take on my son's squadron.
I would definitely like very much to take my husbands division and that is about 100 or more I believe but also a couple friends divisions which are about 25 a piece. My mother and her quilting group would like to help as well and so I can manage about 500 cases between us all on my end.
I would love to be coordinator but would like very much to not do it alone. I would like to co-coordinate with someone as I am pregnant and may have times I will need someone to help handle things.
I will need the names and numbers for who to contact and I will get this started for us.
We will need a name for ourselves. We need to be able to tell them who. Not just a bunch of navy family members but a group name.
So.....
Any name ideas?
I am currently just starting a 2 month trip across country, so I am in on this project, but won't do anything til we return to NY in April.

I've read the posts and see cross postings which can be confusing........ I'm an organizer too like Stephanie so first step is to contact the umbudsmen of the ship. We can't go any further than that at this point. If they don't give the okay with the command then no matter how much we want to do it, it won't fly.

The umbudsmen are listed either on the ALFA site or the Lincoln cvn72 site for whomever is going to undertake the coordination of this project.

I with I could help more with the organization, but I just can't. My hands are so involved in way too many things, but I will still def. do my share of the sewing!!!! We will prob. be coming to WA in the summer sometime to see our son at which time I would prob. just bring all my pillowcases with me via my suitcase and not have to pay shipping costs.

I'll be able to periodicaly check navymoms but not regularly.
Hey Jackie a 2 month trip. I love road trips. are you coming to AZ? if yes, contact me.

Okay, 1st order of business: Stephanie, you are the coordinator and we'll get you a local helper.
2. you need to contact the ombudsman. Get them on board with checking with the command.
3. name ideas- I'll think on it. but for now tell the ombudsman you are with Navy for Moms and the Lincoln page. that should do for now.
4. make sure to ask her if the strike force group has to be included or can you do just the Lincoln. I haven't seen any other chatter about including them.

If the command says yes, then I will close this discussion so Stephanie can start a new one in a format that works for her.
Just talked to a wonderful lady from the Ombudsman and I am going to contact the public affairs officer now and will get back to you ladies with those details :)
Thank you!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service