This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
How did you and your Sailor meet? How long have you been together? Comment and leave one good story of your time together<33 I thought this may be  something new to get people involved:D

Views: 461

Replies to This Discussion

He's finishing up boot, graduated next friday:DDDD His Battle Stations is Wednesday the 27th:) and ends the 28th!
Ahhhh yayyy I'm thrilled for youu! that's so exciting i can't wait til i'm in your shoess haha!
Yes ma'am it's exciting, though it's also very unnerving. My boyfriend has had troubles with his run. He didnt pass the first, or the second...Friday was his final PFA, and I haven't heard weather or not he has passed:/ His battle stations doesnt start until this coming wednesday, the 27th. ending the 28th...graduation the 29th...well, i've heard that if they dont pass their final PFA, they don't always get calls to say so right away, because sometimes theyre given more chances..Im sure he passed, he said he'd give it EVERYTHING he had, but not knowing for sure worries me, especially since it's so close to grad.
What exactly is the PFA? 

Physical Fitness Assesment:)

There are 3 of them, the baseline, the middle one, and the final. they have to pass the final to pass bootcamp, but RTC said that had he not passed he woulda been allowed a call.

...for once i can proudly say, NO CALL!

Ok so i know its been awhile since someone replied to this discussion but im new and wanted to share mine and my sailor's story...basically it starts summer after freshman year in highschool (2006) we were in the same drivers ed class and it was definitly your typical 15 yr old flirtations, as the class came to an end i gave him my cell number and he never called or txted me, i was seriously devestated. we went the next two years in school ignoring each other and avoiding eachother just so nothing got awkward, i seriously liked him still and was too scared to approach him and ask him if he still liked me, so basically the july 4th before our senior year in highschool (2008) my best friend ended up taking me to his best friend's house for fireworks and then i hear his best friend call him and tell him to come over and that i was there...i was so scared to like confront him for the first time, but once he came over it was like we hadnt been apart! we spent every minute of every day togther since...we've been together for almost 3 1/2 years and he proposed last july, he is the most amazing person in my life, he's my best friend and he's half my soul and half my heart :) i love him!

he ships out in a week and im terrified but so happy...the longest we've been apart is a month and a half and that was this summer when i was in europe so i know we can do it...but the navy is going to be a new experience and im looking forward to it while still being scared because its unknown

Hi everybody!!

My story began 10 years ago, we were at the same classroom in Jr Highschool, We hated each other, well not hated, but We were not good friends!! He used to say I was a Nun, because I used to use long skirts :(

It passed 10 year before we saw each other again at a party, we haven´t seen at all in all that time, but It was like love at first sight (He looked very different, he used to be fatty and now wow he´s super handsome, at least for me :P), we started to chat every day, like 4 hours daily...as I was living at another city we could´nt saw  each other frecuently, just at the weekends, like a month after we saw at the party we started dating, and at those days He was waiting to be call for bootcamp, and it passed 4 months untill he went.

He pop up the question in April, so we are engaged since then, it was really romantic, at the top of the Empire state, in front of all the people he put on his knees and ask me to marry him :D ♥

Now we have a year and two months together, We are really in love and we are waiting to get married soon, I hope this year or begining of the next one.

The funniest part of this story it is that he is going to get married with the NUN!!!

My Sailor and I meet On a web sit called My yearbook. He messaged me First. Saying " I know alot of guys have told you this before but your the most beautiful girl I have even seen"' I responded bye tell him thanks. And out of no were we started to talk almost everyday. He messaged me on valentines day and asked me to be his date. And i said yes. :) We started to hang out after that, Its funny cuz we are so different, But at the same time so alike. I'm the girl every one at school knows and talks to. Hes the one that snow bored, has long hair, and wears beanies.  But something about him made me think about him 24/7. Till one day, out of no wear , he pulls me to him and gives me a kiss. And we have been together ever since. Know We have 9 months together. 

My sailor and I met in our biology class sophomore year. He was friends with a guy in the class that I had known for years. We started off just being friends, I didn’t think of him that way. We realized that we had 7 out of 8 classes together that year, fate I guess haha. Throughout the year we got very close and started to talk all day long every day. All my sisters would tease me about how we were always talking and would say we were going to date. I would deny it even though he gave me butterflies. I never enjoyed going to school but he made me want to go to school just so I could see him. We would flirt all the time in our classes, our classmates always assumed we were dating as well as our teachers. I have a hard time expressing my feelings and was very shy the first time he told me he liked me. I didn’t say anything to the effect that I liked him…I have NO idea why I did that. I even talked him into dating another girl… again what was I thinking? I don’t know.  After that I finally told him I really did like him a lot, we started dating about two weeks after that. I had to give him time to break up with his then girlfriend, it wasn’t serious at all, and I know that sounds horrible but I just realized I had to be with him. We have been together about 5 years now; we are still together all the time and couldn’t be happier! I feel so lucky to have the first guy I seriously dated be the man I want to spend the rest of my life with rather than playing all those games. He makes me want to be a better person and do great things. I am so proud of him and everything he is accomplishing. I have 12 days left until I can finally see him. J I can’t wait to see him; it feels like it had been forever. I plan to move with him wherever he goes so we can be together.

That is a very sweet story :)

If you knew that he was the one for you then there is nothing wrong with you getting him to break up with the other girl. If he did it for you, that says something.

Congratulations, five years is a very long time! I feel the same way you do, I want to go wherever mine has to go so that I can be with him. I'm a divorced mother of two though so it might be more complicated for me but good things happen to those who wait so we shall see :).

I met my navy love through an online dating website. I was getting ready to delete my profile on there and then he messaged me :). We started talking and one week later we met up for a movie night at my place. We clicked instantly and have been head over heels for each other ever since. Unfortunately he will be deployed in about four months. We are taking things as they come and hope that things will somehow work out for the both of us when that time comes. We've been a couple for about a month now :)

We always have a good time when we are together..so it's a bit hard to single out just one. However, the cutest thing he has ever done for me though happened at the mall. We were going around the stores because he wanted to do some christmas shopping for his family. We passed by one of the small booths that was selling animal beanies/ hats. My nickname is Panda so naturally I like them :) I was busy going through all the baskets of hats and pointed out a little raccoon one for him. He liked it and kind of got out of my eyesight so I couldnt see him talking to the sales person. But I did :)

When we walked away he opened up the new bag he had in his hand and gave me a panda beanie that he had purchased just for me. I thought it was adorable! He knows me so well, lol. We got back to his barrack and I had on my panda hat and he had on his raccoon one. Yup, we are definitely made for each other :).

our story is far to long for a small post, but i will do my best :)

IT all started when we both worked at the ymca, and i  thought he was the crazy kid. he always came into swim when i was trying to get the closing stuff done, and one day i told him that he couldnt swim just to sit down and talk to me, so he did! He was very bold, and we had a nice conversation about God and from there our friendship took off. For almost two years we would talk and test all the time, everynight, sometimes all night, we would hang out, be dead honest with eachother, there was nothing i was afraid to tell him, he was my best friend, and man who encouraged me most in my faith. But to get to the point, I went on a missions trip to Honduras, and when I couldnt talk to him for 10 days, I realised just how much I missed him. IT was shortly after I returned home we went on our first date, and then second, and well it never stoped :) I had asked him to go to one of my friends weddings with me, and while we were dancing, he looked into my eyes and asked if I would be his girlfriend! He is a very sweet man of God, who I love with all my heart. From creepy young kid, to bestfriend, to soul mate, crazy how God works! We have officially been dating for almost five months, and I look foward to spending a life time with him :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service