This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

got form letter with a little note on the back.  Anyone in Colorado?

Views: 3481

Replies to This Discussion

Gifts - think practical and small. I brought my sailor seven pairs of white monogrammed boxers. My preppy boy loved them! His girlfriend gave him a new wallet because he had lost his old one. She made a calendar with pictures that would remind him of home. It was beautiful!

Speaking of his girlfriend.....I can't say enough wonderful things about that young woman. She sent him letters and questionnaires that were much more thought provoking than my stupid questions. Every one she sent she asked him to share a funny moment of the week. That kept him focused on the lighter side of boot camp.
What was his favorite meal? What vegetables and fruits was he eating? Was he eating enough lemons for vitamin C? These were questions she could ask. If I had asked them it would have come from nagging momma. You know what I mean?

Ok, I really do have to go to work now. I'll check back by tonight before I crank up the sewing machine to make the bowties and cummerbunds. If any of you have private questions you need to ask, feel free to pm me. No question is stupid. Remember, I was in your shoes only a few weeks ago.

If you want to get "Mother of the Year" here's the greatest gift of all for $20.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=...

When they get to A school and have access to their own computer, this is a card reader they plug into their computer and can insert their Navy ID.  It automatically reads their information from the card and can identify your sailor.  This way they don't have to enter all their information each time they log in.  My son was ecstatic when he opened this.  Yep, got that "Mother of the Year" award polished right up!

Thank you Bob's mom, ordered one.  So I will get to be mother of the year for our class lol

You go girl!

Think that I'll be competing with you on that one proudeodmommy!!!.The item looked familiar and then realized that we had purchased one for our overseas adoption a few years ago. I just located it and am feeling pretty good. It is not 63 in 1  but it should suffice for his needs. LOVE that it will get used again as it sure hasn't since we got back..

And thank you for the tip Bob's mom!!!!!

Reduce, reuse, recycle!  I'm glad it gets another life!  I hope the adoption went well.

Yes, she is an awesome addition to our family!!! God knew the kind of firecracker that we needed in our lives....as always He knows.

You got that right!

Thanks so much! "Mother of the Year" Count me in! Ordered! Now, do they stick their ID card in this thing like an ATM machine and it reads the code? Then logs them in? I didn't know they had to log in on their own computers. Or is this for classroom computers? If so, Gosh I hope they don't walk off and leave it.

It's about 2" x 2" and has various slots in it.  Good analogy, yeah, it's sorta like an ATM machine slot.  It is necessary to use on all computers, even personal ones, because the card reader reads his personal information off the Navy ID card.  He inserts his ID card into the card reader which is connected by a USB port to his computer and the Navy site recognizes his ID card.  Otherwise, I think (key word -  THINK)  they have to log in with a lot of security numbers.  It's a time saver more than anything. 

Also, there are other slots in the card reader for all types of memory cards.  I use mine for downloading pictures off my camera.  It doesn't waste battery life and it is A LOT faster.

Thanks Bob's mom, it's on it's way!I love all the little tidbits I get on this site! :)

Cute puppies!

You are so very welcome!  I loved the veteran moms on my site as we were navigating through, as well.  I'm certainly not as seasoned as some of the other veteran moms, so I decided to start small with just the next 800 group. Ya'll are it!!!

The puppies are what kept my mind off my Sailor as the last days crept by.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service