This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hello everyone! My Recruit arrived at GL June 4th, very late at night, rec'd his quickie call very late at night, received "the Box" on Friday the 8th and his form letter today, can't wait to get the first real call and first real letter. I am so proud of all our recruits!

Views: 1444

Replies to This Discussion

yes I am going to PIR wouldn't miss it for the world.  I can't wait to see all these handsome sailors in their uniforms.  I know we will all be beaming that day!

ALL MEMBERS OF SHIP 04 DIV817

We (rnterry, SunshineMomofEddie and I) are sharing information through our personal e-mails as Facebook and N4M lacks the privacy needed for our SRs.

We would like to attend the same meet and greet before PIR and I have let my son know through letters who I am communicating with through this site. So far, he and rnterry's son have introduced themselves to each other, both are going to "A" school in Pensacola.

Please feel free to join us at kjensenjg@aol.com

Aster, thank you for directing me to this forum.   It will be exciting to meet all the proud parents and family members at the Mett and Greet.  I am so proud of all of the recruits.  I am just bursting at the seams!!  :)

Shelly - so glad you came here! It is very exciting and as the time goes on it is easier, notably after the "I'm alive phone call" my SR sounded great! rnterry and I are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and I don't know where the others are staying yet. If you would like, you can e-mal me directly at kjensenjg@aol.com and I will give you the e-mail for the other 3 moms in which we are in direct contact with each other!

From what my SR and the other SRs are saying in their calls, they have a really awesome group of guys and I am sure it has a lot to do with their RDC also!   :)

Welcome to the forum! 

I am reading that some of these recruits in the Div 817 are going to A school in Pensecola.  My son is staying there in Great Lakes for A school.  I know this DIV is a different division than some of them because it is SPEC OPS.  I wonder why some go away and some stay?  Maybe they have different jobs.  My son is Navy Diver Special Operations.  Anybody have information, please share, I feel kind of stupid not knowing. 

snap2 to keep privacy for our SR's a few of us are communicationg through personal e-mail.

My e-mail is kjensenjg@aol.com

also, everyone - I found out today that as PIR nears the SR's are able to add/change the invitees!

So, if you have members who can not attend, and other family/friends who would like to attend, please let your SR know!

Hi Karen.....Looking at the # of Divisions graduating I had that good feeling  this would surface,  I had read weeks ago about seating that is available, and they will allow people to come in and sit  etc...  I think that is great... Do you believe the time is getting closer and closer..... I am very excited and get a lump in my throat just being there on July 27th  seeing all the wonderful Recruits/Sailors heading out on their own journey .....Very proud of them...and their families.....Everyone fair well and stay cool........Sue Ann

Hello all.  I am a little slow to respond.  I too have a son in Ship 04 Div 817. His job is EOD and will be station at Great Lakes for A school.  I got your personal emails and will connect via this way as well.  After all this gives me another way to stalk my son.  :) I am so looking forward to PIR and meeting as many as you as well.  24 days and counting.  I am also on the Navy PIR facebook page as well.  Hang in there we can do this.

Patty

Graduation is slowly creeping nearer! It was great having a call last week, and 2 real letters (ok short ones from my SR) but they are letters! I am a much calmer person today, than I was the night I received "I an here phone call!"

Happy and safe Fourth of July to all of you and your families!

my son's recruiter told my husband today, that if you get there early enough the day before PIR, you can sometimes spend the day with your RS or have lunch together.  Is that true?  This is the 1st I've heard anything about this.  Not that we could do that...our flight doesn't arrive until after 10 pm

rnterry & aster - forget my last post -- I am in another world today!! Of course you are already part of the email group.  That phone call today really put my head in a happy/clueless cloud!!  Forgive me.

Sadly, NOT true, johun.   You won't see your sailor until PIR.  Long ago, there was a "family night" the day before PIR but they no longer do that.  Maybe that is what the recruiter is remembering. 

Any one have a BattleStations date yet?  If so, please friend request/message it to me.  I'm keeping a schedule.  Thanks! 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service