This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
So proud that my son choose the Navy!

Views: 1727

Replies to This Discussion

I know it was a bittersweet call for me too.  I heard them getting yelled at right before he hung up though so I know it must have been a training thing. Hopefully the next call will be longer!

on my way  to work this morning, I thought I'll just check the mailbox (for that first letter) even though I did check yesterday and nothing...low and behold on the left side of the mailbox stuck in the groove was a little envelope...I just started crying!

I got in my car and immediately read my daughters letter.  so funny and great at the same time...she is doing pretty good and cant wait for PIR...still trying to pass all the fitness tests...the swimming she said was a breeze.  (she was a swimmer in high school)...Yes, she said they are all sick in her barracks too with colds...Most of her friends had their wisdom teeth out.

(she did right out of high school) and she had some dental work done too.  It was so good to read her words.  I immediately called her Dad and read it to him....cant wait for more...Now I can relax,,a little and not be so worried..thanks to everyone on here for all the stories....this was not supposed to be this difficult...right?

I am feeling the same way.  When I got the first letter(s), I was so excited and then started to miss him even more about an hour later.  The phone call was a little tough too...I didn't want to hang up.  Very normal missing our babies...just a new adjustment to the next phase...and a huge adjustment at that!  Thank goodness we all have each other !

I got my phone call yesterday about 5:30PM! I was so excited. My daughter is also sick. She did say that everyone was sneezing and coughing. We got to talk for about 5 minutes. It was good to hear her voice. She sounded so tired. She says that it is really stressful right now. My daughter is a twin and her sister went through boot camp in 2010. I thought it would be easier the second time around but it isn't. 

maybe our daughters are friends?  my daughter said the girls in her barracks are fun....I will ask her some of the names...and then I guess we have to privately message names and things....she is an HM3...going to A school in San Antonio next...

Does anyone know what week and day our SRs are on? I wasn't able to ask my husband yesterday.

I'm not sure if it's different for the different divisions...or if since they're all graduating on the same day, it'd be different? But my boyfriend's in Ship 07, Div 170, and he wrote in his letter on Sunday that it was 1-4 (hold day) for them, so it'd be 2-2 today? I'm not sure if this helps though, sorry :/

I think for me the hardest part of BC was the "not knowing" how my son was. Since he has called me, I feel so much better. He sounds really good, even though he was tired.

I sent him 2 calling cards, just in case he didn't get one there. I wanted to make sure he had a way to contact me. :) 

This is the first one out of the nest and even though we raised him to be his own man, he will always be my baby boy and my heart longs to see him again. I guess when I can talk to him on a regular basis, it will get easier. I will have to do this again in 2 years when my last baby boy leaves for Navy BC.

So glad for this website. It made my first few days better. I was able to watch videos of what they go through the first few days.

I got six letters yesterday! For a while last week my husband said they could write everyday, but they got that privilege revoked this week. He sounded good, except that he basically been sick the entire time: sinus infection and pinkeye! Sooooooo good to hear from him though! They are a push division so they aren't exactly following the day-to-day break down that's posted on here.

Ashers99-What is a push division? My son is not very forthcoming. I only have received one letter so far and it was about five sentences. I am so glad your husband has been writing actively, maybe you can tell us what has been going on. ;-)

A push division means they are going through boot camp faster than normal. They were probably in processing for longer than the other divisions in their training group. They will do battle stations right before graduation rather than having more training afterward so that they can graduate on June 1st instead of June 8th. It also means they do things out of order and are being inspected frequently by the chiefs. My husband said it's hard because they don't get as much training and some of things they are getting in trouble for are just honest mistakes. They already had their first zone inspection on Monday. Other than that, I'm not really sure how it works in more detail. My husband mostly just talks about being sick. I'm trying not to be too worried about that though since I haven't gotten a call that he's been moved to Ship 5 yet. No news is good news! I wanted to ask him more about it in his call but that only last about a minute and a half, just long enough for him to tell me that he has pinkeye and went to medical to get it looked at.

so has everyone made their flight and hotel reservations already?

..I have only received one letter so far and still waiting to hear...I know she will be fine and graduate...but thought I would do it this week...that would be still 4 weeks right? bf called and said he got a letter yesterday and she said she is finally "getting the hang of things"...they got measured for their "dress blues"! that's good right?  I cant wait to see her in those dress blues!  she also has lost a lot of weight...and that was it...oh I hope I get a letter soon....

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service