This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I just got my letter! FYI - My son reported to GL late on Tuesday 3/6.  I live in the Chicago area. His box came within 36 hours and the letter arrived today!

Views: 3844

Replies to This Discussion

They are barracks not ships...They refer them as ships so the new recruits will quickly learn Navy slang and mentality. They do have sister and brother companies that they share duties with and interact with in team sports...Son#2 is in Div 131...Boot is a game esp for the younger ones but the older ones it can be trying esp if you have been out in the real world. Yes, a lot of screaming and PT but they will be in the best shape they will ever be in life, By next week we will likely get a call (they are allowed an hour) and they are payphone that costly so add a phone card in your next letter). that is if they earn it but it only takes one and they all will loose (Team effort and discipline).  If you plan to attend PIR then I suggest to look on line (bookingbuddy.com). Esp if you are a good distance from Great Lakes...I am a Navy Vet and was an OTA (Anti Submarine Warfare ), on Adak and now I work for the AF and have been in the AF and I will pick the Navy any day!!!. I actually have one son who is a corpsman who grad in 2009 and now a mom of new recruit...The second round is a lot easier and come 1 March I was ready to give turn over, for Son #2 will learn well and I know Ma Navy will get him squared away!  Yes, he is good hands and he and his ship mates are all learning many life lessons that will do them well in life.

Are any of your SRs going to Pensacola for A school?

@atimeforart - how is the challenge coin coming? I wish I were the tiniest bit artistic / creative. I would definitely be interested in purchasing the coin.

I would be interested in purchasing one also.

TimmysMomma - Hi!  My son is also an AS!  I guess they will become good friends since they will be spending the next few months together.  Where are you guys from?  We live in Central Florida. 

Never been to Seattle...my dad was in the Navy 27 years and I saw alot of this country but not Seattle.  That was his next duty station but he decided to retire instead :) 

I will tell him.  Of couse Scooter is not his real name either...lol  Josh was in band all through high school.  Drumline. 

I am sure we will drive up a time or two while he is in A school.  We only live 45 minutes from Melbourne...go there ALOT in the summer.

Yes we will be driving up to PIR and will be staying at the Residence Inn.  We will have 2 little ones with us so we need the pool :)

I searched for it but didn't see it.  Can you tell me the name of it?

It is referred as multi tasking....Hang in there!!!

today is Trivia Tuesday on the RTC Facebook page and if you get the answer correct they take a picture of your SR's division with your SR front and center.  I would love to see 131 on there!  They post the question noon central time if you're able to get online.  The answer to the trivia question is found on the RTC website and you have to post the answer exactly how it is shown on the website.  

I'll keep everyone posted on the challenge coin, I was waiting for a group to form and hopefully hear from sailors first....sometimes they have a particular motto or something unique to them, if so let me know! 

My son only listed 3 people on his PIR lines and he left his dad out for some reason....perhaps because their wasn't room for his dad and stepmom both, but did anyone else notice only 3 people or did your SR list all 4?  Also, did your sr mention staying up 42 hours? 

My son also mentioned 42 hours with no sleep from 4:30 am Tuesday morning. My son listed four names to attend.

Mine only listed 3 also, and they were relations, not actual names. Mom, step dad, sister. So we were not listed but before he left he assured us that he would find someone who would have "extra" spots. I don't know how that works but whatever will be will be.

The Form letter list is a preliminary list...so you will see Mom, Dad etc...had one recruit list the dog!

They will finalize this list a couple of weeks before PIR and tun it in.

Here are exerpts from the FAQ on the RTC website about Access list and extra Guests. Also ID for all and then the link to the new military protocol page (for those attending PIR as former or active military). (Bold mine) If the PIR group is small...most of the time the extra guests don't even have to wait!

Q.
How many guests per recruit are allowed to attend Pass-In-Review?
A.

Recruits are permitted to place up to four names on the access list.  Please coordinate with your Recruit as only Recruits may place names on the list.  RTC can neither change these names nor release the names of those on the list.  Children age 12 and younger do not need to be listed on the access list and will not count toward the maximum number of guests.  Active Duty and Retired military personnel will not count toward the maximum number of guests and do not need to be listed on the access list, but must present a valid Active Duty/Retired military ID card.  The four guests on the access list will be admitted into the ceremonial drill hall first. Additional guests not on the access list will have to wait inside the Visitor Center until after the start of the ceremony at which time they will be allowed into the ceremonial hall if additional seating is available as space permits. No additional seating can be guaranteed.  All guests 18 years and older, must present valid government issued photo identification (driver’s license, state ID card, passport, military ID card). Guests 17 years or younger who do not possess one the items listed above must present one of the following: school ID card, driver’s permit, copy of their birth certificate or social security card.  PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR ADDITIONAL SEATS.

Q.
When will I receive tickets/passes to graduation?
A.

There are no actual tickets or passes. Recruits list the names of up to four guests that will be included on the access list. Recruits cannot obtain additional “tickets” from other recruits.

Q.
I am not sure I am on the access list. Can you find out and make changes if I am not?
A.

It is the recruit’s decision whom to place on the access list. Please communicate with your recruit well before the final week of training to be sure the right names are on the list. The Public Affairs Office does not have a copy of the access list as they names on the list are not divulged to the public. No additions, deletions or changes will be made to the access list the week of graduation.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service