This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought I'd start this discussion so others with SR's in the same div could get to know eachother a little better. Also will be handy if anyone has info directly relating to our div we can share here.

Views: 1010

Replies to This Discussion

Less than 24 days til Graduation.....Can't wait. And only two days til Letter day!!! ( i hope). I love Thursdays! No calls but maybe thats a good thing..no setbacks and no injuries. I miss my SR.

Howdy Div. 274 moms!  Graduation does start at 9:00.  Here's the schedule (per the RTC website).  FYI, when my daughter graduated 2-1/2 years ago, we got to the gate at just about 6:30 and there were about 20 cars ahead of us.  There were only 7 divisions graduating that time, though, so it may be different this time around.  If you're interested in our PIR experience, you can go to my page and see the blog entry I stole from my husband!

Please be aware that it can take 30+ minutes to park, get through base security, and walk to the drill hall by 8:45 a.m.

6:30 a.m.
RTC Gates open to visitors.
Security screening begins.

7 a.m.
Visitors begin walking to drill hall.

8:45 a.m.
Guests should be in seats.

9 a.m.
Recruit graduation commences.

9:20 a.m.
Divisions arrive at drill hall.

9:45 a.m.
Arrival honors.

10:30 a.m.
Ceremony concludes.

10:35 a.m.
Liberty Call. Recruits meet with guests at drill hall. Recruits and guests transit back to parking area.

8-9 p.m.
Liberty expires for recruits.

Oops!  I totally meant Div. 273 moms!
Not to repeat any information just a reminder  my son is Kyle, 11/273.  I had a Mom offer to take photo's for us but I didn't write her name down.  So ladies, anyone takes photo's and gets one or so of our Kyle please message me.  Is anyone else's Sailor (that is what they will be when they leave for A school) going into IS in Dam Neck, VA?  Almost only three weeks to go. Not sure if he after graduation will leave directly to A school or what the game plan will be.  I have inserted a photo of Kyle so you will all know what he looks like if you do get any photo's with him in them.  The latest photo we have was taken at a dinner.  Please excuse the informal setting.  Ladies, thank you and you all have a good day.
Attachments:
I'll be at PIR, I'll try and get a photo of your Sailor for you. Hopefully the whole division will be together. I'd love to get a group shot. My names Sheree btw, and my SR is Jared, my husband.

Many thanks Sheree for also offering photo's of my son.  I really do appreciate everything everyone has done and tried to do helping me with Kyles graduation.  A special thanks to Sharon, Sandi and Patttea for coming up with idea's.  I still am hoping that I win the lotto or come into an inheritance I didn't know I had so I can get there.  But we all know that's not going to happen.  It is good to dream after all dreaming is free and if it wasn't for people dreaming 235 yrs ago we wouldn't be celebrating our son's graduating from the Navy which celebrates 234 years of service to our great nation on October 13, 2011.  It is like my husband who is an ex Sailor everything will work it's self out and it seems it has.   

Hi Debra, I talked to you a week or so ago about taking pictures. I don't know how crazy it will be but I will take what i can and get them to you for sure. I sent you a friend request so that i can get more info to send them to but you haven't responded to that yet. No letter from my SR today. Waiting to get responses from him if he knows your son. I'll keep in touch. Patty

Hi! My husband is also in Ship11Div273. His name is Jared. He caught whatever bug is going around there and has been on SIQ call for a few days now. He can't stand it because he's missing out on everything.

I also lucked out on receiving a phone call. My husband said that they scheduled the phone calls in the afternoon, so him and a bunch of other guys went to the doctors in the morning....turns out they switched it to morning and they wouldn't let them call! :(

Boo Hoo....No letter today. I hope one comes tomorrow!  And no call since Friday, two weeks ago tomorrow. Anyone else from this Division gotten a call lately?   22 days and counting.....can't wait...soooo excited. Then that weekend will come and go in a flash and have to say good-bye all over again. :(
Usually I get a letter on Thursday too but mine didnt come until Friday, hope you got your letter!
Received two letters today he was getting ready for this past week which was HELL WEEK.  It is Thursday so they are almost finished I think?  Did hell week begin on Monday?  He is excited and really is thriving with bootcamp although he did say it was hard and real challenge.  I like hearing that he is being challenged it's good for the soul.  Twenty two day's to graduation!  He misses us although I can see in his writting that he isn't the young twenty two year old that left here June 27th.  Well gtg thought I would share this with you all. 
Yup, Hell week started on Monday... My husband wrote out the schedule: Monday was PFA (weapon turnover inspection), Tuesday was SAMT (Small Arm Marksmanship Trainer), Wednesday SAMT (Live Fire) and Drill Inspection, for Thursday he put 'study?', and Friday is Test#2

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service