This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 101 and 102

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 1631

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Sunday Ladies!  Any one out there planning a Super Bowl party?  Not this momma!  That is something that I got to give up with my divorce years ago!  Lol.

So, it looks like others got some calls yesterday as well??  Totally unexpected, and WONDERFUL!!!  I spoke with him a week ago, and he said it would be 2 weeks from that time, so that = happily caught off guard mother!  I am lucky, I suppose, that my son does not have a girlfriend, and (I believe) would pick calling me over dad, as we are so very close to each other, and dad is more of a 'friend than a parent' - son's words, not mine.

Anyway.  He is sounding great.  I guess everyone has a cold/cough - not just the division, the whole RTC.  I imagine that if you were a RDC there, your first year or two would be just like the begins of a public school teachers - getting every cold imaginable for 2 years, than are immune to most of it.  My son had a cough when he went, and that really worried me with PT, but seems as though PT is tailored to all of them being 'out of shape' or under the weather.

He did say that the first PFA was a week and a half ago, but they failed because of a time out being called.  I had stated that earlier, but wanted to say it again, as they are getting ready for their second PFA - my SR expects it this week or the week after.  Maybe you can add a bit of encouragement for the upcoming test in your letters :)

He said he was made a medical Yeoman" for his DIV.  He was pretty proud of it, as he added later in our convo that he has decoration on his collar (he used different "navy words", but I was so excited I cannot remember what he said) due to the fact that he is a yeoman.  He is responsible for setting up  appointments, making sure the medical cards are in order, and other paperwork.  He said there were perks with being the yeoman, like getting out of 'work', but that he had to do all of the duties as yeoman after taps, so he has a later bedtime.  The first night, last Sunday, he didn't get to bed until 1 a.m., then was up again at 5 a.m..  I joked that at least he had a lot of pre-RTC 'training' regarding not getting enough sleep, lol.  The other 4 yeoman and he got 'in trouble' last week for doing 'something wrong' and had to do IT.  He said "it sucked!"  His knees have been bothering him, but he is 'pushing through' and after a good nights sleep, usually wakes up pain free.

He said DIV 102 was on day 2-5.  Since they are in a push division, their days are all rearranged and they would match perfectly against what the 'day by day' link on this page is saying.  However, it is approx what they are doing, have done, or will soon be doing.  They just had a written exam the other day.  He believes firearm training is coming up.  He also is pretty certain that 'reclassification' will occur at the end of week 3 (a week from now) and they may or may not know at that time when their flights take off, but they will know other specifics about their A school.  My SR is going to Goose Creek, and other Nuke moms tell me that Nukes leave on a Saturday....so I am preparing my visit for a Saturday departure, but am prepared (as you always should be in the military family) for a change in plans.

He said that he "located other shipmates whose mothers are on the N4M site".  He mentioned two specifically, one's last name ended with a 'P', the other with a "R".  I told him to tell other SRs to add it to letters to their mothers if they weren't on the site yet, if anything just to browse and read, if not to interact.  SO MUCH information here that is valuable beyond words!

He got to speak to his brother Tristan (17) who I know needed to hear his voice.  I could just tell that he has been missing him.  They shared a bedroom together for 16 years!!  They couldn't be more different as individuals, but are bothers true and strong.  When Tris came up to me the other day and asked if I had heard from him  (letter), I knew that the next time he called I was going to have to give the phone up for a little while.  It was worth it from the smile on Tris' face!

Next, he wanted to talk to his little sister who is 3.  She immediately yelled NO and slammed the bedroom door (she hates the phone).  I could tell that he was saddened by this, but told him how I overheard her in the living room, while looking at family photo's say, "I love *** (insert SRs first name here)".  I could tell that lifted his spirits.

He WANTS LETTERS!!!  He said to tell his 15 year old sister to write to him about "one direction" if she has to, just to WRITE!!!  So, yes, mail call is HUGE to them.  I have been saying I was going to start sending letters to the SRs not receiving them, but haven't yet.  it is on my to do list tonight!

Hope all is well with the others out there!  Sorry this is so long, I just needed to get it written down before life kicks in again and I forget it!

Happy Sunday!

Laura

t

https://www.facebook.com/#!/NavyRecruitTrainingCommand

Dont forget to log on to your facebook page and be the first to correctly answer this weeks trivia question to get the opportunity to see that divsion photo. Lets go get em Div 102! GET THAT PIC!!!!

Good Afternoon All

Wanted to pass on a couple of notes from Sarge for when you get to your hotels. A lot of parents decorate their hotel room doors in support of their Sailors PIR. So lets rock those doors with some RED WHITE AND BLUE!!! He is asking that you also pass the word about the Meet and Greet at the Sundance Saloon to everyone coming so he can get an accurate head count. This is a family oriented get together with a full buffet, DJ and raffles and prizes. He is asking that you RSVP as soon as possible so he can account for plenty of food.

He also asked that I pass on something fun for our divisions. This is new for our PIR Meet and Greet the DJ will be asking all willing moms  and grandmothers to come to the dance floor and each division. Then we will dance to the song “In the Navy”. The winning moms of their division of this dance contest will win a gift certificate for division t-shirts from US Boot Camp Gear.  So lets show those other divisions that we got moves!

Lastly to help offset the cost for Sarge and his wonderful wife who organize this for families like ours, we are asking if possible to donate a gift basket or something that represents your state, business or just something you love. Looking for some ideas,

• Great State of Texas Basket including BBQ sauce, an Apron and Mitts

• Great State of Wisconsin with cheese and meats.

• Great State of Florida with citrus, alligator jerky and some sunshine J

• What Navy Dad would not love a gift basket with tools or sporting items

• You can always find the way to a Mom’s heart with a gift basket of Chocolates.  

Please remember there could be several moms in the same state that could each contribute a bit of home to rock out a wonderful raffle item. So let’s show our SR’s that we also have the same Division Teamwork that they are learning in Recruit Training!  

If you are interested in donating a basket or raffle item or volunteering please see the discussion forum CALLING ALL N4M’S - SARGES MEET AND GREET FOR PIR 3/7/2014 NEED YOUR HELP or message me and I can forward to you all of the details.

***We are looking for donations of raffle baskets or raffle items and volunteers to help with the distribution of name tags and the selling of raffle tickets before dinner. Please let me know if you are interested.***

Morning ladies,

Just a reminder if you have not already done so to RSVP with Sarge for the Meet and Greet. An accurate head count helps to ensure he has enough food for the event. If you are interested in donating a raffle item or making a basket or bag to help offsett the cost of this wonderful event please let me know:)

I am also making special Ship 13 Division 102 nametags for the group and dont forget to bring items if you can to decorate your hotel room door.

I got a letter from my SR today.  I can tell by the tone of the letters that he as already grown so much and has got a lot out of this experience already.  He says time is flying by, and that they marched past a group of SRs on their P-days and they were getting a speech about something, and he remembered standing in their place hearing the same thing and that it 'feels like forever ago."

The letter was a good news/not such good news letter.  Good news, he was promoted to Divisional Yeoman of 102.  He said that meant he would be 'front and center at PIR and to get your camera and tissues ready, I know you and it'll be a tear-fest."  LOL, knows me well :)  Not such good news, he is flying out for A-school very early Saturday morning:(  I really thought that we would have the day at the airport together, but I have to be okay with this :)  I'll be driving his car out to SC in a little while anyway, so I get to start looking forward to that starting 3/8.

I hope everyone else is hearing from their SRs!

Take care and keep warm,

Laura

that's awesome Laura!!!! our post office closed at noon time over a snowstorm whatever happened to the deliver in rain sleet or snow so I'm hoping tomorrow there's a letter in the box. so very happy for you!

Happy Valentines Days Ladies!

Our sailor is actually my daughter's boyfriend of 2 years- we are hoping we get to keep this young man in the family.  We really enjoy him.  We are probably as excited as all of you- our daughter was in a couple of years ago, but didn't finish due to a fracture- we are just as proud & excited about this young man as we were about our daughter!  We cannot attend graduation, but I will be taking off work that day to watch the graduation on the live stream & hopefully, we can facetime them later after my husband gets home from work!  God bless all of you that have loved ones that have chosen to serve!)

Good morning

Everyone - I hope you all had a great weekend! Count down is on. If you have not already signed up for Sarge's Meet and Greet to please do so asap he needs to get a head count for food. also if you are interested in donating to the raffle please let me know.

Hello ladies

I wanted to pass on a copy of the name tags I made for our group for Sarge's Meet and Greet! we are almost there :)

Attachments:

Good morning ladies

Count down is on we are almost there! If you have not signed up for sarge's please do so asap he is trying to get a final headcount for food :) Also please message me if you are planning to attend with a raffle item. I am trying to get an accurate count for the raffle table. I know that for some money can be tight just getting to PIR if you are interested in donating and need ideas please let me know. Thank you again to all of the ladies who have contacted me your generousity is so greatly appreciated.

Thank you Jeter's Mom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service