This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Wanted to open a general discussion thread on our recruits graduating......

May 25th 2012 for SHIP 7 - DIV 161 

CLICK ABOVE

Views: 928

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness... are you kidding me! He can write you and put her letter in there and you can send it for him. That is crazy... 

I am a rule follower but honestly that makes no sense to me at all. If my daughter or son were put in that situation- I would do the mailing for them. Might take a little longer to get the letter but at least they would hear from each other.

Hello, what is Sarge's meet and greet.

Also, I went to Navy bootcamp and it is true that they do not allow them to talk or write each other. No fraternizing with anyone in another division because you will get in trouble. The way my cousin and I got around it was to meet up at church. I know it sounds crazy but that is the only place you had a little freedom, so maybe they can try that. Hope it helps.

OH WOW!! I totally forgot it was a holiday weekend! Have mercy and there are 28 GT.... it is going to be packed. I need to get down and dirty and make Dad decide if we are driving or flying. Who is going. ( better be all of us or I will have something to keep me busy the next 5 weeks...making him miserable!! ) I don't want to wait until the last minute for hotel reservations. We are staying at the Marriott and going to SARGE for the Meet-n-Greet.. I really hope to get to know some mom's well enough to pass out some hugs!!

USS Chicago Coin- Blog Post 

This is one of the items I want to get Josh for graduation.

Suzanne

Hi everyone,  My daughter left the same day with Liz's daughter on 4/2.  Still no real letters...  waiting... waiting...  I have dashed home and run to the mailbox everyday this week.  Maybe today??? 

Suzanne, are you saying the phone calls could come on Tuesdays?  Right now, I plan to sit at home Sunday afternoon to wait for the possible phone call since it is 3 weeks since she left.  I wonder if she will call my cell phone or the house phone.  I could go out if I think she would call the cell.

My husband and I are going to PIR, we'll be driving out.  Where we stay depends on whether or not the boy friend decides to go with us.  Still no firm committment from him.  It makes it difficult to plan and I need to plan.  Maybe it's a little nuts but it makes me feel better when I'm planning to see her.  Like everyone else I've been sending letters everyday filled with the daily stuff. 

I got a letter, and she is loving it.  She is weapons leader, and is so proud of her little pin..LOL  She said the food is good, and she has made a real good friend. She also said the uniforms are cute too.  She told me she doesn't think it's hard, but homesickness gets to some people.  She prays at night, and is so grateful for mail.. She told me they nicknamed her Boston because of the accent she didn't know she had...LOL  I am so happy..

Hi,

I just found this site and I think your daughter may be my daughter's bunkmate.  She mentioned that her bunkmate was from Boston. 

I guess we are all receiving our letters and are pretty overwhelmed right now... Hang in the mom's. I am just as scared as you all are but I am believing! I have booked my flight and hotel despite what I am reading. I want my son to know that I believe in him and I am convinced he is going to make it!

GO NAVY!

Suzanne

For those that have booked hotels, where are you staying?  Is anyone else flying out of Boston??

I am leaving from the south  Wednesday and coming back Monday. I am staying at the Marriott and going to Sarge meet-n-greet..

Maybe we will run into each other...  I think you said you were going to Sarge?

Jenn, I booked flights out of Boston. We are leaving on Thursday AM and coming back on Sunday midday. Cost about $190 each on United. Would have been $90 more on Southwest so we are keeping our fingers crossed that PIR doesn't change for any reason since the SW tix would have been transferable. Where do you live? We are in Lancaster MA. We are staying at the Residence Inn and planning on the M&G with Sarge

I am in New Bedford, and will be flying out Thursday, and returning Saturday.  haven't booked yet, but I will soon..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service