This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I have a daughter in this division and I miss her like I never thought I would. How are others parents doing?

Views: 357

Replies to This Discussion

My daughters letter on the 21st said that she would be taking her second physical fitness test this week, she passed the first, so she seemed confident. She said that week 4 is suppose to be the most intense and she was looking forward to things like the ship simulator and fire training. I did receive on downer letter from her which worried me, but the next one was upbeat. i'm sure they go through quite an emotional rollercoaster.

I miss my daughter terrible!

Can you believe it! I hope the next 25 go faster!!!  Do all your son's and daughter's sound better now.  It is still hard but they do adjust.  Hop to meet all of you.

Lesli

My daughter sounds great. She said the biggest challenge is (was) week 4. If their division is lacking in teamwork, they can all be set back. She said that there was a problem with teamwork in her division. I can't wait to hear from her about how week 4 went! Fire training, gas chamber, water rescue and ship simulators! She was excited, and worried.

Tiona

I hope they get it together.  I know that my group seemed to have difficulty also.  I bet they all do.  88 girls!!  No way they can hit it off right away.  Has anyone gotten another phone call since the 16th.Did you get a letter today?
Got a letter yesterday (Tuesday) but no phone call since the 16th. I'm hoping to get a call today...My daughter said they may be able to call this week, I suppose it depends upon whether or not they've "earned" it. I hope all goes well for them, I have my reservations made for the 25th!

Hi Tiona,

I am holding my breath for a call today!  I usually get letters on Wednesdays and fridays.  I am driving from Indy so we are coming on the 24th and getting to the base bright and early.  I am getting so excited.  I have never been away from my daughter this long before.  It is hard! Talk to you soon.

Lesli

Hi Lesli,

We are arriving on the 23rd. Kali is scheduled to "grad-and-go" at 02:00 AM on the 26th. Her recruiter told me that we'd have an opportunity to spend time with her the evening of the 24th since she's leaving to FL after graduation, I hope that's true! I can't wait to see her, I miss her so much!!!

T

Yes, my daughter was looking forward to being busy in week 4. But, week 4 is suppose to be the most challenging excepting "Battleship 21" which will be their ultimate test, taking place just prior to graduation. (we WILL get a call home after they complete this milestone). This is the test that will determine their ability to move on. It sounds like 24 hours of intense expectation. I so hope to hear from her, because if we get phone calls, that means they're doing well. My daughter says several people have been sent home. It's hard for her to see people not succeed! I think (hope) they'll all be fine at this point, I can't wait to see the changed young woman that I'm sure my daughter will be! Her letters home have been awesome to read!

T

Tracie,

The males/females are kept apart. My daughter is ship 7/div 112. When she told me about "people dropping like flies" it was just the girls....Week 4 was last week....can't wait to hear how that went!

I just got home and got 2 letters from my son. Yippee!! He said that is just found out on Friday that his division (Ship 7, Div.112) is Grad and Go. That was ALL he said about Grad & Go. He is to go to A-School there in GL. So now what does that mean?? Will we get to spend the weekend with him? Had planned to stay the entire weekend. Does anyone know anything? He did say that they are in week 4 (Hell Week, he called it), and that Monday (2/28) is 4-2 day. Today (3/2) they were to be graded on drill (marching). Yesterday was a live fire course! He said tomorrow (3/3) they are to have a test. He seemed glad to be grad and go because he had a friend that waited 3 or 4 months to go to his A-school right there in GL. The poor sailor was bored to tears.

I think you will be able to spend more time over the weekend if he is going to GL. I am pretty sure.  No calls yet.  Bummer! On the 16th it was about 3:30 my time which is two hours different.  Oh I mean 1530, it was 1730 there!! The males and females do train together but do not have there bunks together.  My daughter in 7/112 said that Division111 was there brother division.  HUH. Talk soon

Lesli

Grad and go for my daughter means that she'll head to FL at 0200 AM on the 26th. We will have just a short time to visit. Her recruiter tells me that he thinks there might be an opportunity to spend time with her Thursday night, he is looking into that. Whenever I mention a Thursday visit on this site people say "NO WAY!" so we'll see. My daughter also described "Hell week" but was happy to be busy. She is anxious to move on to the next phase, A school in FL.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service