This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hello. a group for division 350 ship 7 to discuss letters and such. My daughter called saturday and got to talk for 15 minutes. She said they are all doing Ok. and doing a lot of ironing and folding..

Views: 317

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.. thanks for the note about the breath strips I will try them out. I have a son who was in the army and one who is in the air force and learned from them that sending any kind of cute mail was off limits and packages were a complete no no. I have been careful in sending her things. she is going in as a sonar tech. they did not give her any options but told her that is what they needed and that is what she would do. she scored very high on her asvab also so she thought she would get more choices. she is excited about it though so that is good. I just hope she makes it through boot camp Ok.
I just heard from my son again on Thursday because he needed some information for his background check on the family with his IS poisition. I hope we all pass ! Anyway, he sounded great and was looking forward to finally getting started with PT. He said PT was starting that day and had been delayed due to all the recruits finishing up their paperwork - banking, etc. I think he's anxious for this portion to be over so he can get started with his actual job. He will be leaving after basic for Virginia for schooling/training. He's really looking forward to it. His last comment to me was "only 7 weeks left before graduation". That's my thought too. I can't wait to see him. This is so different than when he went away to college. At least I was able to talk to him every day. It's killing me not knowing how he's doing and what he's going through.
Thank you suesmom,
My daughter is in the same div.. I hope to hear from her soon.. ironing? my daughter? REALLY? :)
Hello,
I can't imagine my daughter ironing either. I don't think she ever ironed anything while at home. And her room was always a mess. It should be interesting. when she called she said that the girls cant talk during the day so at night they all let loose with what is bugging them. she said she just wants to sleep but there are many girls that were irritated. She only has brothers and has never been real girly. This might be the hardest part for her.....
I haven't heard from my daughter yet.. I hope she didn't try to call and I missed it! My daughter has mostly guy friends she thinks girls have way too much drama.. so I'm sure she is also having a hard time with that.. I'm starting to stress about the airline tickets, and hotel.. they are 50 miles apart! I would love a letter!!!
suesmom & jessie's mom - My daughter has grown up with all boys and finds the "girl drama" very irritating too. They learn a lot about "communal living" while they are in there and she found the whining and complaining and gossiping very irritating, too. That was one of the most difficult parts of the eight weeks for her. She also hated getting "smoked" all the time because other people counldn't follow the rules and did too much talking. Thank God basic training is only eight weeks long!
Yes! Thank God!
Just keep your mind focused on the graduation ceremony and seeing them again. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but the time will pass quickly. Bring LOTS of kleenex with you to the graduation. It is a very emotional experience for so many reasons. And hopefully, if your recruits are not "grad-n-go", you'll be able to spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday days with them and hear all about their experience. It's soooo awesome the first time you see them in their uniform! Unbelievable!
A word to the wise - keep your phone handy. They can call anytime and you don't want to miss the chance to talk to your recruit. Who knows when it will happen again? I almost missed my son's call because I left my phone downstairs. Luckily he called the house phone & I picked up. I learned a lesson. I take my phone with me everywhere - even the bathroom!
hello,
Do you know how to find out if your SR is grad n go?

I keep my phone with me at all times, I feel so pathetic at times but I dont want to miss her call. I actually lost it for half hour ( I was mowing grass on the tractor and it fell out of my pocket) I was upset and could not find it so I was getting ready to go and buy a new one in case she called but luckily my son found it for me. I was hoping she would call again this weekend since she got to call last weekend but no luck.

Jessies mom- Where do you live? Have you ever been to Chicago before? We live in Iowa and are driving to the PIR I still have to make hotel reservations.
Suesmom, I live in Oregon, I have never been to Chicago before!! Yikes!
Chicago is not really that bad. O'hare airport is not bad getting into and out of either. I went to Portland a few years ago and really fell in love with the area. It is beautiful out there. You have mountains.........

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service