This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Looks like I'm the first one here, but hopefully not the last!

Views: 449

Replies to This Discussion

CRmom - I can see your post, too.

If you click on the meet-n-greet link, on the right side of the page you will see a box with "Yes, No or Maybe." Just click on one of the choices.

We have been fortunate to have received several letters from our son this week, however I believe it is mostly due to being homesick (Well, at least the first couple of them were). The later ones - we received on Thursday - were definitely more upbeat. This is his first time to be away from home for more than a week.

Josh has never been much on the physical aspects although he rode his bike to work quite often and went out walking, too. (We live about 8 miles from where he works) Prayers are going up for him on the running portion, but he did pass the swimming portion.

Jmarie - from what I understand, they get about 30 minutes a day for letter writing and they are supposed to receive mail every day. It may be he received your letter the day after he wrote you. I think it takes a little bit longer for them to receive mail there than it does for us to receive the letters they send.

You can verify the mailing address on the official Navy website (The one with the graduation info on it). Or send me a message and I'll send you the one I have for this ship/division. Also, there is no four digit number at the end of the zip. Josh sent several letters with the 3127, written on the envelope and then crossed it out. Letters will still get there without it - Josh already sent back one of the questionaires I sent!

I hope everyone gets a call tomorrow AND a letter or two or three on Monday!!
Hi Jmarie46, Thank you so much for sharing with us all. I haven't heard from my son since the form letter.... I keep reminding myself......no news is good news. We all have reason to be very proud of our SRs. Thanks again, Orca
Hi, my son just graduated from BC on 9/24; what a wonderful experience. I miss him so much already. My soon- to- be son in law is with this group. While we were at the naval station we had the privilege to see some of the groups marching, was looking hard for division 351; must have come by earlier. Make sure you get there early the mornings (Saturday and Sunday) you get to pick them up for liberty; you will see them marching out with their divisions, hear there cadences, and get to "feel" what it has been like for them.
Hope you hear from Billy soon and it's a long phone call. It's hard to be disconnected but it won't be long before you are back together and starting on the next adventure. England IS beautiful and I envy you a little for the anticipation of traveling. If I could do it over I would travel more when I was young. Anytime is a good time to see the world there is a lot to be said for energy and powers of recuperation when a person is young. Hope you enjoy your travels with the Navy.
Anyway, just thinking about you guys and the test. Looking forward to more news.
Carol
Hi All, Now it's my turn to share. My son called this afternoon, it was great hearing his voice. He said that next week the will be learning weapons and on the Marlinspike. He also said that he will be a grad&go to Groton & BESS. He was very upbeat and was saying how they (SECF's) were becoming a team.
Hi All,
I finally have some time to really take a look at comments and figure a few things out about the N4Ms site. Updated my profile page, picture and name.
Bonnie, thanks for the link. We are now RSVPd for the Meet and Greet. Reading JMarie's comments may explain why we aren't getting letters from Carly. I expect she is getting her hiney worked off and has been using every spare minute to study or sleep. I'll just keep holding a good thought for her and all of them as we wait for another letter or a call. Thank you all for the replies.
OOPS!! My bad ... I'm so sorry, CarlysMom and CRmom ... I misread the comment and thought CRmom wrote the, "Can you see my post," comment. I think I've caught my husband's dislexia! lol

CarlysMom - WELCOME! I do believe my husband has been chatting with your husband on Navy Dads!

Anyone hear anything today? I went shopping for a little bit, but my heart just wasn't in it. Hubby didn't go and I was afraid I'd get the call and he wouldn't be with me, so I gave up and went back home!
Bonnie - I know what you're talking about! I guess as long as I'm getting letters with updates, I'll be happy ... until the "I'm a Sailor!" call comes - which should be about two weeks away, I believe! I've been worrying about whether or not Josh's calling card will work.

Maybe everyone will at least get a letter, tomorrow.

Here's hoping ....
Thank you for the welcome. No you are fine, you still have the same person. I was CRmom and I updated my profile name to CarlysMom. I was missing her badly last night and it just seemed like a good idea at the time. Joshua's Dad has been in contact with my husband Michael (Mike). We have not heard anything. Was hoping someone got a phone call.
We got a phone call TOO!!!! It was the best anniversary present for my husband and I!! YAY!!! (24 years, today!) Josh was having problems with the phone and had to keep calling back - that, and he tried my phone twice, but I didn't hear it ring ... UGH!!! He called his dad's cell, thank goodness - we were in the car heading home. We told him to give his brother a call (After we were through talking of course! Ha!), which he did, but only got to talk for a couple of minutes because his time was up - and a new phone card will be heading through the mail TODAY!!!

I guess the next round of PFAs are coming up soon .... LOTS of prayers going out for those needing to pass them - Josh included. We found out he is the Athletic Petty Officer - so dubbed due to his lack of physical fitness! lol He was the one who explained that to us, but he also said it has done him a world of good! (Which is why they do that! lol)

Josh is supposed to be Grad-N-Go, but we're not sure of time frames. He believes he'll be leaving somtime Friday ... which is good for us, since we have to be home by Sunday - and we're driving up from Florida! Wow, I really hate these quick turn around trips! He'll be closer to us at "A" school - so we'll be looking forward to a weekend with him once he gets some time built up, or at the very least, Thanksgiving weekend!

Sherry - thanks for the info and WELCOME!
Hi,
We have a son John who is in 7/351 and we got our phone call today as well. He is SECF. The Dad (Pete) has been on Navy Dads but this is our first post here. Our daughter Anne took the call and told John we were following on Navy Moms and Navy Dad website and I think John might know BonnieMae's husband. We are just happy they got a phone call. John said he was too busy to write which makes us feel better. Jean, Pete and Anne
Hi Jean - WELCOME! I believe my husband has been talking with your husband on Navy Dads as well! lol Greg (My hubby) has been trying to get any and all information regarding our son, as possible.

I don't know who misses Josh more, Dad, Mom or older brother ... (I'm going for the Dad and the brother - even though I miss him a bunch - ha!)

So glad to see everyone who posts in this discussion, received a call!

Ok - what is SECF?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service