Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Recipe
What You Need
• 18 eggs
• 1 small can green chiles
• 1 pound breakfast sausage; cooked, crumbled, drained
• 2 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1 teaspoon butter
What To Do
1. Prepare interior of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Inside slow coooker,layer sausage, chiles, onion, bell peppers and cheese, repeating layers until ingredients run out, and ending with layer of cheese.
3. Beat eggs, then pour over ingredients in crockpot.
4. Cover; cook on low, 7-8 hours.
Serving suggestion: Serve with tortillas, plus salsa and sour cream.
Nice. I'll have to try it! Thanks!
Alton's Overnight Oatmeal
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.
Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.