This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

This thread is for the random groups/individuals that we do this year.

Views: 1037

Replies to This Discussion

these went to the wounded warriors at Betheseda.

very nice pillowcases.. they look awesome. and so colorful.. I think I am going to look up the  wounded warriors in my area.. I think I will see what I can  go to  ease their pain. There is a veteran's group at our local college. They start back up  next week. I keep trying to get  to a meeting and  i keep  missing it for somereason. LAst week I went  down to the  college only to  find out they  start meeting  next week. I am kinda excited. but I will  still try to  help out here when I can..

we would love your help NitaSewBee!

this one went to a corpsman, a relative of Dawn L's.  The card was made by Donna's group and the little green dolphin is the perler beads and made by some students in Tucson.

Sue-Ethan's group will love all of it!!! Thanks again!

This is a pc I sent to a young Navy wife to send in her husbands care package.  They have an 8 month old and are living on a tight budget so I thought I would send something to help out.

that is really nice Cindy!  I bet she loved it.

This pillowcase was actually made in March 2009, but thought this was a good place to keep the photo and comments.  I really appreciated hearing what Colton had to say because it was my 1st attempt at piecing one!  Not only does he still love it, but it has held up!  

Comment by Molly Molly Fo Folly on February 11, 2012 at 2:42pmDelete Comment

I thought I would share this with you  :)  

My son Colton is now a veteran he has been out for about 3 weeks --so of course my house looks like seabags and boxes EXPLODED ! he is showing me all the trinkets he has gathered in his travels and all his memories.and low and behold he pulls out this pillowcase and says do you remember this ?  He proceeds to tell me he had many pillows and many cases over the years that he recycled threw but this pillowcase he ALWAYS used daily,That this pillowcase traveled the world with him and was his personal piece of home. 

I dont know if you all know the Mollys adopt a sailor (MAS) and Heads at ease (HAE)story ---but Sue joined MAS and while sending boxes she came up with this pillowcase idea (I used to call her pillowcase sue ) anyway early on (pre-HAE) she asked would my brand new sailor like a pillowcase and what was his favorite team. ((( correct me if Im wrong Pillowcase but wasn't he one of the first to ever get a case ??)))  SO when I saw this now well used faded pillowcase I almost cried ~~ Here is a picture for you Pillow 3.5 years later !!!   (( oh and FYI he is sleeping with that case daily still since he has been home ))  OH The funny things that say *HOME* when your in the military and the funny things that say *MILITARY HOME* when your back to civilian !!!!!!!     Amazing how that comes full circle !!     Disclaimer : excuse the resistance to shaving beard he has been out but 3 weeks and refuses to ever shave again !!   ha ha ha ha Got to love em 

Comment by Birdie 3 hours agoDelete Comment

Here are a few notes I've received from VRC-30. They are currently deployed as part of the USS Abraham Lincoln airwing.

Birdie, 

Thanks to you and all the others who took all the time and effort to plan, prepare, and send out the recent care packages to Det 2!  The extraordinary amount of support from home is an amazing thing, and everyone here certainly appreciates it.

I got my hands on a pillowcase, card, and photo - and it's been a high point for me personally.  In a very modest effort to thank you for the color that this brought to our lives, I'm attaching a few photos, which you are free to modify or share, as you like.  The photos were all taken today when I brought my pillow in and took her for a ride to the USS Abraham Lincoln - in them you'll see myself and other VRC-30 maintainers - all having a great time.  =)

Best regards, and many thanks,

LT Mxxx Kxxxx 

Hey Birdie -

Just wanted to drop you another 'thank you' for the care packages that
arrived today!  All of us here are enjoying all the goodies.
Tragically - I didn't take my camera today, so couldn't capture the
moment... next time.  =(

Mxxxxx

I love my pillow case so much thank you!!! I got one last deployment and i have no idea where it went but I have to say getting these cases make me feel like a have another piece of home. It makes me a little more comfortable. :) Thank you!!!

Sxxx Dxxxx

Comment by phoebe DDG 63 7 hours agoDelete Comment

Here is a thank you I just received in my e-mail box...

Good Day Ma’am,

I am writing you in regards to your pillow cases. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! They are wonderful. I was in need of a pillow case and went to our local USO to see what kind of good they had and found your crafty pillow cases in there. They are wonderful and full of color which is the perfect fix for this plain dreary scene! I ended up taking a few for my roommates and I know they are just as appreciative. So again , thank you so much and take care!

Very respectfully,

Katie

I sent 20 pc's to a young man last week. His name is Luke Sliwinski and he is 10 years old. He has a Facebook page called "Honor, Courage, Commitment". Check it out if you get a chance. He's truly amazing.

I've been in contact with his mom and asked her to send me a couple of pictures of Luke, as well as a short bio.

Below you will see her e-mail to me, pics of Luke and one pic of the pc's I sent him. She also promised to send me pics of Luke handing out the pc's to his heroes.

Hi Birdie, 

I've attached two pictures of Luke - one is of him volunteering for the Travis Manion Foundation, the other is of him and wounded Hero Cpl. Todd Love.  Luke and Todd are as close as brothers.  Below is a small bio about Luke.

Ever since Luke Sliwinski was 4 years old he was wanted to join the Young Marines.  Two days after he turned 8 years old, his dream came true and he joined as a recruit into Liberty Young Marines (8 is the minimum age requirement).  Luke also has a big heart for our military, he especially has a calling for our wounded Heroes.  Any chance he gets, he spends as much time as possible encouraging and motivating them through their recoveries.  Luke has never been discouraged by even some of our most severely wounded Heroes, to Luke - he only see's a Hero and he loves, honor's and respects them with all of his heart.

Luke has proudly climbed the ranks within the Young Marines and just recently was promoted to Sgt. by scoring a 99% on his Sgt. exam and by having exceptionally well physical fitness scores.

Young Marine Sgt. Sliwinski (or Sgt. Ski as his unit calls him) looks forward to some day serving our United States marine Corps.  Luke knows that Freedom is worth defending.

Now where did I put the tissue...?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service