This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

We have mailed to several smaller units so far this year:

Army - 62nd EN BN out of Ft Hood   600

Army -20th EN BN out of Ft Hood      77

Marines - BDE 4-215                       121

Air Force - 71 and 73 EACS             147

Army - HHC                                     18

AF unit out of OH                             128

AZ National Guard                            136

AF unit                                             20

Hospital in Afghanistan                      257

Army 4-501st                                    110

Operation Care - Afghanistan             220

AF                                                    30

Army/AF unit  838 AEAG                    50  *  see article below

Army 4th BDE 10th Mt Div Bravo        115

"            "                     Co HQ        172

USS Fitzgerald                                  328

Army/AF unit 838 AEAG                      15   *  see article below

AF 455th ELRS                                   46

Army 4th BDE 19th Mt Div 2/A Co         28

"         "                      "  HQ/A Co        7

"        "                     "    1/A Co         28

Army/Nat G Ft Hood unit 8th EN BN     537

"               "      "         937th              95    

Army Natl Guard 135th Attack Reconn   475

Ft Hood Wounded Warriors                     24  (Maryellen did these)

Army 216th EN MAC                              95

Army 3-1 AHB Nightmare                       106

Walter Reed Hospital Wounded Warriors 166   (Birdie did these)

USS Simpson Air Dept                            24

Calvin 91 years old - WW2 vet                   1

USS Rentz                                             233

Views: 1121

Replies to This Discussion

here is a thank you note that Susan S got from an AF gal in the unit from Utah.  We mailed pcs at the end of Feb.  This group came because a young man from my sister's church was deploying:

"Ms. Susan S,

I spotted the pillowcase from the box that came in and immediately thought it was so beautiful!

I love the pattern very much and orange is my favorite color so I immediately picked yours.

Thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful pillowcase!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make these for us. God sees what you are doing from Heaven

and is smiling because of it, I guarantee you. Thanks so much for your kindness.

You have brought beauty to this desert.

~Brianna"

And Susan said:

It made my day! It's truly a blessing to be able to bring a bit of sunshine to these young men and women.

Susan

Received another note from the Utah group and her pcs are above

"Dear Susan,
 I just wanted to write a note to thank you for the pillow case that you made. Your act is very generous and selfless.
I appreciate the time that you spent and the thoughtfulness.
The pillowcase I chose was bright pink....I especially like the color while being here because it is very brown here
and while surrounded by so many males, its nice to come to my room and have a feminine touch.
Thanks for that and your support.
 Gloria , 71EACS"

It's so nice to know how much our efforts are appreciated, isn't it?

Susan

here is a thank you note from the 71 EACS:

How's it going ma'am and every one form Heads at ease? I just wanted
to take time and thank you for the awesome pillow case that I received. I
figured that you all can take time out of your busy day to make this
wonderful pillow case, the least I could do is take time out of mine and
send you all an E-Mail thanking you. I appreciate all the support you all
give us troops in a deployed location that we are in. It's not easy being
away from home and your kindness defiantly brings a smile to our faces.  I
hope you continue to keep doing what you doing because it makes a great
impacted on our lives. Thank you all again!

v/r,

Kendrick USAF  Weapons Director
71 Expeditionary Air Control Squadron, "PYRAMID" 

US Marine M/Sgt Pxxxx stationed in wrote a lovely note upon receipt of pillowcases.

I quote,

"Thank you very much for the wonderful pillowcases. You are an angel on earth." 

Nice feeling that we have accomplished something on the far side of the earth.

betty   and below are her pcs:

Maryellen got this wonderful note today from the dad of our POC of the AZ National Guard Unit.  Good going ME!

Maryellen,
I am Joey's Dad and I work as a contractor here in Tucson.  My wife showed me this picture this weekend.  I wanted to express my sincere thanks and appreciation.  While I was deployed from Jan 2007 to Apr 2008, I received many things also.  It was always appreciated when the items we got were handmade and much thought put forth.  On bad days when I was there it was always great to get something to cheer you up and know someone out there still cares about us over there.  I still have some of those items I brought home with me.  The pillow looks very nice and interesting idea.  I am sure he will appreciate it very much.  Thank you for doing this for him.  It was definiitly genuine and thoughtful for you to do this. 
Thank You very much.

Blood Fades,
Wounds Heal,
Pride... Lasts Forever

Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.

from Susan S to the 860th

here's a note from the Army 4-501st, plus some photos.  He sent Maryellen and I each a package and there is a photo of that as well.

Sue--

Yes, I arrived this week to find 5 boxes of pillowcases here in the office--thanks so much!.  We still have some people on their way back from the exercise, but we should be passing out the pillowcases within the next week or two as soon as they all return!  You can definitely expect to hear from us again once everyone receives their gifts.

Thank you again for your generosity and for helping to support all of us out here!  The pillowcases look great, and it truly means a lot to all of us.

MATTHEW L. Bxxx
CPT, AV
"Desperado 6"

Sue--

Thank you again for all of the pillow cases!  They were a big hit!

Attached are a few photos of our Soldiers enjoying our new gifts.  Again, thank you for all the time and effort you put into making these!  It means a lot to have the support and appreciation of people back home, and this definitely serves as a great reminder of that.

Good luck with your work for the aircraft carrier--that's a lot of pillow cases!

-Matt

here is from the Army/AF unit that we mailed to just a week ago:

Thanks so much Sue!
I will let you know when the packages arrive. I'll snap some pics too. 
And before I leave, I'll pass you the contact info for my replacement. 
Thanks so much!  Andy
July 3

Wow, the box arrived from you today Sue.
It made it here very quick, too!
I'll make sure the pillowcases get distributed and get some pics of some soldiers and airmen with their new pillowcases. 
:-)

Sent: Friday, July 5, 2013 4:49:13 AM
Subject: Re: care package on it's way!

Debbie's box arrived today.  Great timing, we have a briefing tomorrow where most of the squadron will be.  I'll unveil them there and make sure to get some pics.
 Debbie's:
 mine:
the guys:

the rest of Army/AF:

this photo has Army, USN, AF and 2 civil contractors:

I am often asked how I/we choose groups.  I say "do you know someone deployed?

give me their information-it's that easy."  In the midst of mailing to the Nimitz,

Debbie Mulxxx asked me that.  Her answer was yes.  So I wrote to Andy and he said there were only 4 in his unit but they were working with an AF unit.  So she and I mailed 50 pcs for them.  Here's what she said:

Sue, just looked at both emails...and yes I did see several of my pc's.....how awesome. I loved the one where the guy was holding it up in front of him like he was holding up a shirt..How can you ever thank the guys and women for what they do for us.And just think, if it wasn't for my son-in-law ,his many years in both the Navy and Army, we wouldn't have traveled to Tx to bring Kate back home while he was gone and I would have never read the article about HAE and I would have never been a part of this wonderful crew .....Thank you so much for what you do and have done :)

I am all about networking and word of mouth.  So if you know or have someone deployed, tell me.  Don't worry that I/HAE is too busy.  If it can't be done right now, we will put them on the list.

these photos are what Operation Care just sent me for HAE:

I love when they give a name!  Judy is legally blind and I got to meet her on Thursday!
Hi Judy,

Thank you so much for the amazing pillowcase!  I have been extremely busy
getting ready for my departure and transition back to the States.  In 3
weeks I will be with my daughters and so very excited.  It's been almost 8
months since I've seen them!  I love my pillowcase and will take a picture
as soon as I get a free moment to send your way.  The box of pillow cases we
received were a very hot commodity here at the 838th!  They were all gone in
minutes once the word got out.   Thank you and God Bless.  Peter   

PETER xxx, CMSgt, USAF
Superintendent, 838th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group
Shindand AB, Afghanistan

Ok here we go, this is the USS Fitzgerald, It is on forward deployment in Japan. We will be working with the CMC of the ship, it is a surprize for the crew. HAE and the Command are the only ones that know the Pillowcases are coming. 

There are 320 aboard the ship with 49 being female and then the 3 command. We will start to ship on the 21st of August to the 24th.   We have filled all of the pcs slots already.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service