This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 099 and 100

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 396

Replies to This Discussion

My daughter is in DIV 100.  She'll be headed to FL for A school.  So far I've received the "I made it" call and then a five minute call last Saturday.  Her voice was music to my ears.  The pay phone was awful.  I had to concentrate really hard to understand what she was telling me, but she seems to be doing well.  She said that her group was having to work extra hard as some of the SR are struggling with the physical requirements.  It also seems the division is sharing a nice winter cold. Not the kind of team work someone looks forward to, but every division seems to be taking a turn. I am hoping to find a letter in my box today.  Dang, I miss that kid but I take comfort in hearing her tell me she is still really happy with her decisions.  She gave a shout out to all the people she worked with in the recruiting office and DEP.  She said they were an intricate piece in preparing her for what to expect and also gave her tools that are allowing her to wrap her mind around key concepts fairly easily.   I purchased our flights yesterday and can hardly wait to see her in uniform, less a child and more a woman.  

My son is also in Div 100 and has said the same thing.  He said the division is struggling and they are having to work extra hard.  He will be going to Maryland for A school as an MC and he is very ready for boot camp to be over.  He was very fit and had been training for 7 months, so I think he is having a hard time adjusting to the "team work" approach.  I have talked with him once and it was a very bad connection with lots of noise on his end and I have received two letters.  I really hope I get to talk to him this weekend again.  Congrats for your daughter and we will be seeing you in March....

My SR is in DIV 99 we got her call on sat she sounded good I loved hearing her voice. She said she made some friends so I was very happy for that. I can't wait to receive letters from her and to hear her voice again.

We received a phone call from my Son today. He is on Ship 11 Div 099. Sounds like Div 100 shared the same cold with Div 099. My son was changed from a flag holder to a Section Leader. This must be a good thing. Sounds like Div 099 is working hard and trying to figure out how to work together. His section earned a "free" phone call today because they followed directions yesterday.  We have our tickets purchased and hotel reserved! Can't wait for PIR!

Got a wonderful call from my SR today she sounded wonderful! Seems like div 99 is finally coming together and doing great she did say there are some other shipmates who are not receiving any mail. I'm heading over to the dollar store to pick up some motivational greeting cards for them. I thought I'd pass the idea along maybe together we could make sure they all get a boost of support.

That's a good idea. Sounds like our kids are in the same Div.

Less than 30 days! I'm getting very excited. I'm sure the divisions will be getting things more in order this week! They all have to learn to work together the Navy way! We are sending lots of letters of encouragement. My son said in his last letter that he wants a good meal and hood coffee when they are on liberty after PIR! STARBUCKS HERE WE COME!

Good Afternoon All

Wanted to pass on a couple of notes from Sarge for when you get to your hotels. A lot of parents decorate their hotel room doors in support of their Sailors PIR. So lets rock those doors with some RED WHITE AND BLUE!!! He is asking that you also pass the word about the Meet and Greet at the Sundance Saloon to everyone coming so he can get an accurate head count. This is a family oriented get together with a full buffet, DJ and raffles and prizes. He is asking that you RSVP as soon as possible so he can account for plenty of food.

***We are looking for donations of raffle baskets or raffle items and volunteers to help with the distribution of name tags and the selling of raffle tickets before dinner. Please let me know if you are interested.***

He also asked that I pass on something fun for our divisions. This is new for our PIR Meet and Greet the DJ will be asking all willing moms  and grandmothers to come to the dance floor and each division. Then we will dance to the song “In the Navy”. The winning moms of their division of this dance contest will win a gift certificate for division t-shirts from US Boot Camp Gear.  So lets show those other divisions that we got moves!

Morning ladies,

Just a reminder if you have not already done so to RSVP with Sarge for the Meet and Greet. An accurate head count helps to ensure he has enough food for the event. Again if you are interested in donating a raffle item or making a basket or bag to help offsett the cost of this wonderful event pleas elet me know:)

Good morning

Everyone - I hope you all had a great weekend! Count down is on. If you have not already signed up for Sarge's Meet and Greet to please do so asap he needs to get a head count for food. also if you are interested in donating to the raffle please let me know.

Good morning ladies

Count down is on we are almost there! If you have not signed up for sarge's please do so asap he is trying to get a final headcount for food :) Also please message me if you are planning to attend with a raffle item. I am trying to get an accurate count for the raffle table. I know that for some money can be tight just getting to PIR if you are interested in donating and need ideas please let me know. Thank you again to all of the ladies who have contacted me your generousity is so greatly appreciated.

Thank you Jeter's Mom

At Graduation! Starts in about 15 minutes!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service