FOR NEWBIES, COMPUTER TIPS - about your personal page.
Click on MY PAGE tab on above menu bar - this takes you to your PERSONAL PAGE. Bet some of you didn't know your had one. You should check this once a day.
1) near the top, you'll see the url for your profile, it's something that starts with "http://www.navyformoms.com/profile/......" the last part is what you had input as your address. It will be different than your screen name, if you had input something different. It's OK if it is the same. However, if you had input you real name, then you should change because if someone click on your proflle icon, the real name will show up on the url address line. To change this, click on Setting on upper right, then click on "My Page" on the left side, scroll down to "address" - leave your screen name alone if you are happy with it. To change your screen name, click on Setting, the page to set profile features will pop up.
2) On your personal page - on the left you'll find the basic stuff about you (your photo, screen name, where you are from, etc). Just below that you'll see Blog Posts, Discussions, Events, Groups, etc. Next to each one, you'll see a number. This indicates how many posts you have made in Blogs, Discussions. If you click on either of these, it will take you to the list of comments - so there is a record of the comments you have made. The number next to Events indicates how many N4M Events you have RSVPed or have been invited to. If you are friends with another member, you can click on Blog Posts or Discussions on her personal page and see her lists of comments she has posted.
3) In the middle section of your page, you find "the activities" section such as messages from another member on your comment wall, your profile information (including photos), any apps you have added (I have a music box from PLAYLIST.COM) and details of blogs your have posted.
4) On the upper right, there is your status box.
You can set your default on email notifications (to your regular email account) by going to EMAIL. If you are going on vacation, you can stop ALL notifications - just be sure to turn them back on afterwards. Be sure to hit save after making changes. On a normal day-to-day basis, I use "Stop Following" on my groups - to not get any email notifications from activities from my groups.
4) Just underneath the status box, you'll find INVITES to groups and events.