This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

USS Nitze        280   One of our mom's has a son on this ship

Army                400    10th Mt Division

Air Force            22 + 35    contractors embedded with an Air Force unit. 

Army                  30      Shindad

Veterans             49      local WW2, Korean, Viet Nam vets (Feb, July, Sept)

USS Halyburton   235   

USS Mason        333

Army                   25    TF Attack

Army                    1     individual by request

Navy                    169   USS Tucson, a sub

Navy                    383    USS Gettysburg

Veterans                15    local WW2, Korean vets

Veterans                34    TMC hospice program  (April, July)

Army NG MI          157   crew member Betty N has a local boy in this group

USS Vella Gulf       363   this ship contacted us

USCGC Bertholf     152    I have a friend at church whose sailor is serving on this ship

AF 380th AEW       301   My step grandson is in this unit-Exciting!

Sailor-Blue Angels   1      My friend bought Blue Angel fabric and I made the pc

USS Philippine Sea  404

USS Truxtun             353

Army                        1      Friend of Susan in TN-we weren't able to get contact info for the unit

AF COMKAF/CATO   341  The POC is the SIL of a former boss of mine.  She just retired and is                                                making pcs like crazy!  She made a bunch for this unit.

USS Leyte Gulf         388    

Army 10th Mt Div      300   We also mailed to them in Jan.  We knew there would be more needed.

Special Forces            12

USNS Big Horn          106  this is an oiler, which is manned by sailors, Merchant Marines, civilian

AF                                51

AF                               40   this group is from DM and is in Africa

Navy unit on CV          50   this is Birdie's son's unit.  She makes all of them for his unit         

Views: 1900

Replies to This Discussion

Cindy S.,  Linda (AZ), Betty O, and Findlay High School (OH):
I want to personally thank you all for showing love to my husband while he was deployed to Afghanistan. He loved the personal touch each one had to include the hidden thank you button in the inside.
  He told me about the pillow cases and then when we had a chance to Skype,  he was always hugging a pillow that had one of the home made pillow cases on them. It was so refreshing to see him have a piece of  "home" with him. It means a lot to me that people still genuniely care for our deployed Airmen, Soldiers,  and Marines. Thank you for your selfless support!!! 
Proud Air Force Wife & Service Member, 
~Renee C
San Antonio, TX

Heads at Ease,

Thank you very much for your home made pillow cases!  I’m currently stationed at Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan on a year long rotation.  I stopped by the Red Cross on post and picked up a few of your cases.  The slips of paper say they were made by Suzie B, Ethel W, and Lynda H.

Thank you for supporting the troops!

Sincerely,

Chief Warrant Officer Four (CW4) Walt 

THANK YOU FOR THE PILLOWCASE THAT YOU MADE FOR US. ONE WAS MADE BY ETHEL W AND ONE MADE BY ROSE..

JASON USS LEYTE GULF CG 55

Rose is the top one and Ethel the bottom

a note about the Special Forces that I mailed to recenlty:

Good morning, Sue.     I just got an email from Pastor   He said that his son will be coming home sometime very soon.    Yea!   He will be home through Christmas and then on to his next assignment.    He received the pillowcases and is grateful.     Thought I'd let you know just in case you don't hear from him yourself.

Gotta run now,    Susan

another Big Horn note.  I'm catching up today, somewhat:

Hi my mane is B/M Ceasar  and at this time I’ll like sincerely thank you for the bottom of my hearth, for your kindness and warm gift to me today.

I can tell it was made with love and lots of work do to the details on each pillow cases that was deliver today not just only to me but to my fellows crew members.

You cannot even imagine the grate warm that it’s brought to my hearth for knowing that someone likes your self that I never meet thinking about me. 

Thanks you so much…Gratefully Your   B/M Ceasar 

Your work is very inspirational to me and I am sure to may more peoples out here.

Sometime been out here it can get very lonely and sadness can come at anytime.

Been without my families can be unbearable at times but knowing that I am bring service but not only to them but to all the people in the USA, it is priceless.

Thank you again for choosing Big Horn as your first Tanker gift ship, I guess I can say that you choose it because I am here.ha..ha..

Sense of humor it’s what keep me with my head up and my spiritual believe on my heavenly father that makes me stay faithful not only to God but to my wife and kids and to my country. 

Again your story and your inspiration of making does pillow cases for us, it is outstanding ideal.. 

Again thanks 

PS: my pillow it is a light brown case with a picture of whinny the Poole) on it…  

B/M Ceasar 

To all of  you: 

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for the wonderful pillow case you gave me (us).  I specifically chose the pillow case with the Texas flag because I’m from San Antonio, TX and I truly miss my home and family.  I hope that you are all doing well and are safe back in the United States.  I’ve served in the United States Navy for about 22 years and been with the Military Sealift Command for over two years.  Being away from my family is very difficult for me and my family and people like you do make a difference by making us feel we’re not alone out here.

Thank you again and God bless…

Very Respectfully,  John 

My name is Carl. I'm an able seaman on the USNS Big Horn. I picked out your halloween pillowcase.  I think its wonderful!!!!  Especially, with halloween coming soon. When my kids were young, that was my favorite day.  Michael myers was always my costume. Things like that, mean so much to us out here. Thanks again miss Linda for the pillowcase. You take care.
                                                                               Carl

Thank you for the pillowcase that you made, for it is very beautiful (the colors match my sheets and comforter) and feels so nice to sleep on :-) I am very proud to serve our country. Have a nice day and God bless you.

Another one for Ginnie whose pcs are posted above:

Dear Ginnie,

I wanted to send a quick note to thank you for the lovely pillowcase that you made.  It’s beautiful.  The variety of cases that was sent to the ship was amazing.  I saw our Chief Ops with a pillowcase with planets all over it (he’s an amateur astronomer and even brings his telescope with him to the ship), our Cargo Mate with a lovely case with tall ships on it, some of our able-seamen with sports-themed cases, a bosun-mate wearing red, white and blue that picked up a flag-inspired case to name a few.  It seems that there was something that appealed to everyone, including me.

I’m a third officer aboard the ship, standing watches from 0800 to 1200 and 2000 to 2400 while underway.  I live on fifty acres in Virginia but rarely see my home and am grateful for wonderful neighbors who watch my property for me.

It’s wonderful to know that there are people back home that are thinking of us.

Thank you immensely,

Katherine 3/O Watch

USNS Big Horn (T-AO 198)

Ma’am,

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to write.  I’ve been enjoying the purple flowers on your hand-made pillowcase brightening my deployed room for months, and I’m only sending a note now.  Thank you for your time and thoughtfulness.  You’ve brightened so many deployments! 

Take care.

~Breezy   COMKAF Executive Officer

I got this note in October.  The pillowcases were given in May.  I mailed them pillowcases that were made by ladies in Tucson.

Dear Mrs. Lamberson:
It was reported at a recent meeting of the 770 Club Board of Directors  that you and your group has made and set 150 pillow cases to the crew of the USS TUCSON SSN-770 for their use and enjoyment.  On behalf of the Board and myself I want to thank you and your group for your careing generosity.  That was very nice and thoughtful of you folks. 
Sincerely,
Don Campbell
Seccretary

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service