This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
It's so hard to keep track of everyone through all the different groups, since we know our recruits are together it would be nice if we could each write our names here, instead of just our profile names it would be easier to know who is who.  I don't know if we can list our recruits names on here or not. Anyone else know?
When we start getting letters it would be nice to share what our recruits are saying since they each will probably tell different things about how it's going at GL.  What do you think?
My name is Tammy. 

Views: 406

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Air Rescue Swimmer Moms, I've talked to a couple of you I think..haha..I get so confused on this website, but then I woulddn't know what I woul do without it. My son Justin is in Air Rescue and same ship/div...he is 19yrs old. He didn't write much on his letter other than he thinks only 4 people can come to graduation..he's not much of a writer but I am hoping when he gets time to write he will have more to say ! I've read on the AIRR (air rescue) group on here that when they do go to Florida they may not start training for 6 to 8 weeks (they call it classing up) and that it gets a bit boring and lonely for them while they wait. I think they get menial jobs and still do some physical training while waiting to class up. It would be great if our boys go through all this together.There is a lot of information on liberty (free time) they get when they do go to Florida , the type of training, etc. This is so overwhelming and I am not even the sailor !
Where did you find the information you talk about regarding Air Rescue and the info on liberty time while they are in Florida? Thanks!!
I sent you a message with an invite for the group..for anyone else that is interested the group is called " Moms of Aviation Rescue Swimmers" there is a discussion page on that group that tells you all that our sons will be doing..its written by another Mom..so it may have some errors and such.
Thanks!!
Hi Philly Mom,
This is Mary . I am confused navigating on tis site too. I think I am responding to comments from a week ago or so but I just found it and want to absorb everything I can. I'm sure we will figure it out ? I guess this is our BC?
Hi Moms,
My name is Lisa, my son is Adam, he is 24 will be 25 in August.We are from PA about 40 miles north of Philly He wanted to go EOD, but his recruiter talked him out of it. He is Air sea rescue. At MEPS in Harrisburg another boy, Erik was also going air sea rescue. My sons 4 line form letter said it is basically what he expected, alot of hard work(in not so nice words). My younger son went through BC last June and is now in Pensacola. In about 6 weeks should be going to San Diego. He was hoping to have a grad hold so he could see his brother. I know this is my second time around, but it still stresses me out. My younger son NEEDED to go, he had no direction, no goals. But Adam graduated college this past June, had a decent job. He just wanted to something more exciting and more dangerous.
Hey Tammy and all the other moms!! Louis is also in AIRR.. I am pretty sure they will all go to A school and all the way through together.. At least I hope they do.. It will be nice to have some familiar faces around!! I am already getting anxious about the trip out to Great Lakes.. About a 13 hr. drive for me.. I think I saw some from Philly on here to.. that is prob 3 hrs south of where I am.. What a small world..I have been writing letters everyday and sending cards.. Hoping things are good with all the guys.. I had heard they pull the wisdom teeth out if they have them!?!? Anyone else hear about that?? Jarrod had 2 left..Keep in touch everyone and let us know if you hear from your recruits.. (can't wait to call them sailors!!) Linda
Hi Linda and all the other Moms, I did that drive last year to GL. It was 16 hrs., I am an hr north of Philly. I wont do that again. I already book my flight. Last year I waited too long to book a hotel and ended up at the red roof inn. It was ok just a room. You will get a list of local hotels in the area with your "form" letter. I have also been writting letters everyday. Adam is not the letter writter and if fact he said not to even write, but I am doing it anyway! I really don't expect to get a phone call for about 3 more weeks. It seems as though they are a bit harder on special ops and don't let them call as often. I did hear (from my son who already went through BC)they give the boys complete physicals and some will have wisdom teeth removed if they could become a problem in the future.
Hi Lisa..Nice to hear from you.. Is nice to be able to talk to someone who went through this before.. You know how we mothers are.. Always worrying!! Jarrod is the youngest of 5 and I guess you just never quit worrying.. I am anxious to get a letter from him.. I am sure he is doing fine and will be ok.. I think I am the one to worry about!! LOL..I know 6/25 is just around the corner and I will keep busy until then!! Did your son do alot of PST tests prior to going to BC??Jarrod was testing every month with a retired seal..He seemed to improve pretty steadly..I think the running was the hardest part for him but he was still making the times..I am very proud of him as I am sure every one of the moms on this site are of their fine young man or woman..What hotel are you staying at? Have been looking and will make a decision and book this weekend.. Have a great day everyone and if you want feel free to email me at minecoyote@yahoo.com..TTYL
Yes my son did a lot of PST, he was also with a retired seal. He was a goalie on ice hockey team for since he was 6 and played college level ice hockey, so he was use to the running. But the swimming was a different story, but after a while he did well in that. They will continue to train everyday, going a bit farther and longer. Adam is 2nd of 4. one girl, oldest28 and only have one at home who is 16. Since his two brothers have joined the navy I would bet he may go too. But at least I have him for 2 more years, maybe he is going on his first date tonight!!
I haven't booked my hotel yet, i was going to do that this weekend, probably the comfort inn.
I was really ho[ing to get a letter from him today, but none yet. I remember the last time I stalked the mailman until I got my letter, I would just pace the front porch when I saw the mail truck coming!!
My email is lisam578@verizon.net
Talk to everyone later
Lisa
I think your son and mine will get alnog great..Jarrod is really into hockey too.. He just plays for fun but follows the playoffs on tv and what not.. His nephew is 5 and plays hockey!! too cute.. I will hopefully meet you at the meet and greet on 6/24 at the Ramada Inn.. Am looking forward to graduation and seeing our Sailors!! Linda
Hi Lisa
I booked my room already . Ramada Inn. It should be fine. Does anyone know how long liberty will be?
(skater's mom)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service