This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

My son left for bootcamp on Wednesday and I've been crying off and on ever since.  I feel so lost not beling able to call him, FB him or contact hm in any way.  I never thought it would be this difficult.  I'm really struggling. I'm not worried about his safety, just feel so disconnected, like he's gone forever.  He is my firstborn too, maybe that's it?   I don't know, but he reached this milestone that I feel like I wasn't prepared for.  Anyone else feel like that?

Views: 11912

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope she is ok, and we understand being worried when all you want to do is go there and see for yourself that she is ok.  I would want to do the same thing.   She will be fine I am sure.  The military has some of the best doctors there are.   

No that's okay. Yikes, I wonder what they were doing. I'm sure she'll be okay. My son's been playing football for 6 years. It's amazing what can happen but they always bounce back :)

I will pray for your daughter as well as you.   I know how you feel only wanting to hear her voice.  That is all I want to hear is my son's voice.   the 30 second call was good but I want just 2 - 3 minutes that is it.  

I have my daughter at home and with her school and soccer, and my work and also doing volunteer work at the soccer league as well as coaching my daughters soccer team it keeps me very busy and I think that is what helps me is keeping busy.   

We live in Florida and John was born and raised here in Tampa and has never seen snow so I am sure that it was a shock how cold it is in the Great Lakes.     

Hannibol Mo Mom,

My daughter is also PIR on Feb 10th. Being a Mom I know how hard it is to know that your daughter is injured and you cant do anything about it, It's even worse being a nurse and having to trust some stranger to tend to them. We are so use to being the one's that they run to when they are sick or hurt and we would always make things better. No one can take care of them like we would take care of them. The Navy is one of the best branches to be tended to by. They have the best medical staff available and they don't believe in making you suck it up and just push through it anymore. I have received a phone call from my daughter just the other day and that 20min call was like a lifetime in coming and it seemed to go in blink of an eye. My daughter is in Ship 11, Div 065..what is yours? I might be able to check on her if I hear from my daughter again soon. Hang in there and know you have all of us here for you.

Today is the first day that I didn't cry..I believe in my heart it is because of all the responses that I have read in the past 24 hours. You all are my pillars and I am so truly blessed that I found this website. I will keep each and everyone of you, your families and your SR in my prayers.

Kelly

Ladies you should join the N4M group for your son/daughter's PIR date immediately (see the division number in parentheses?).  The links below are clickable. Good luck.

NONE on February 24, 2012 per Recruit Training Command

PIR: Feb 17, 2012           TG 13 - 07 Divisions (069–074 & 913)

PIR: Feb 10, 2012           TG 12 - 11 Divisions (061–068, 805, 806 & 912)

PIR: Feb 3, 2012             TG 11 - 10 Divisions (053–060, 804 & 911)             

PIR: Jan 27, 2012           TG 10 - 7 Divisions (047 - 052 & 910) 

PIR: Jan 20, 2012           TG 09 - 5 Divisions (043–046 & 909)

PIR: Jan 13, 2012           TG 08 - 7 Divisions (037–042 & 908)

Hello, My son leaves on the 18th of this month and I have been crying and he is still here...He is also my 1st born as well..My son says he is prepared and ready to go and is excited and at 1st it made me sad as if he was ready to leave me until my mother said you made him ready and confident and that made me feel better...I am hoping I will be able to pull it together after he leaves as I do have other kids...I feel for you and I feel the same...I pray you find comfort in the next few weeks Have a good Monday :-)

My son left for bootcamp on 12/12 and I feel the same way, I have never been away from him in his whole life, he is also my first born and not being able to call him is killing me. Everyday that goes by breaks my heart but I am looking forward to his graduation on 2/17. It does get a little better each day, I just got some letters from him but he did not get any of mine yet and I am broken hearted that he thinks I dont care or didnt send any to him, but I write him everyday and they said he should start getting them now.....Letters take a good 3 to 4 weeks before they start getting them, So write, write, write your son everyday and send it out everyday. It does help writting to him....

Your feelings are totally natural. My daughter actually graduated on Friday from bootcamp. She left Halloween weekend and these have been the hardest and longest weeks of my life. She was able to write, but only called home twice. As all the mothers, I am so very proud of her, but letting go is the hardest thing I have ever done. I can tell you that being able to see her graduate and being able to hug her for the first time in 8 weeks were two of the best gifts I have had in a very long time. My heart goes out to you and all the moms going thru this for the first time. My daughter will be moving onto Florida, but she is now able to text me each day which will make it a little easier. Take care! You will see your sailor soon!

I have a question....I am trying to estimate when he will graduate...was she there 8 or 9 weeks? 

The problem with guessing is you don't know if the SR will be inprocessing for a couple days or for over a week.  They gather the recruits as they come in, but some get there before there are enough to make a whole division. So for the earlier arrivals, they may be there closer to nine weeks, while others come in and begin almost right away, making it eight weeks.

Hello everyone,

My son leaves the 18th from Texas.. 2 days before my 39th birthday.. i'm goin thru the same feelings.. i've been a single mom for 20yrs.. (he took 2yrs for college before enlisting).. now it all comes to an end.. EMPTY NEST SYNDROME!!!

he's my baby, my only son (child) & my best friend.. we've only had eachother to hold on too & now i'm losing that... dont get me wrong.... i'm extremely proud & honored to have him as my son.. i've just heard alot of stuff about Iran & the 5th fleet & that he will more than likely see action.. just a lil scared!!!

I will pray for you as well as your son also that your transition is one of comfort knowing you raised a great child...I understand how you feel...I was a single parent for 10 years and this is my oldest that is leaving for BC....I feel like I have empty nest and I still have 3 more sons at home!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service