This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

This is a ship that has both Marines and Sailors on board. We will be working on and every other week shipping schedual to make it easier on us and the Ship. We will be starting with the 22nd MEU as they will have the numbers for me first. They have heard a lot about us from the USS Boxer and are looking forward to getting our pillowcases. I have heard from the XO, CMC and the RP1 (chaplains office) and we are crunching numbers.

Please make sure you email both Sue and I so we can make sure things go smoothly. Let's have fun and show them some Heads At Ease Love.

I recieved this from the Chaplain for the 22nd.MEU:

The Chaplain for the ship is so overwhelmed by what we are doing, he said in all his years in the Navy this is the first time someone is making them all something hand-made. That made my heart fill with joy.

Views: 886

Replies to This Discussion

from a Marine.  Robin is the sister of Susan S and I showed their pcs:

Dear Heads at Ease, 

My name is SSgt H.  I am currently deployed with the 22D MEU.  I was on watch this evening when the unit Chaplin came into my office and started handing out pillow cases.  All the Marines couldn’t believe how cool they were.  Once they were all passed out there was trading and bragging about who got the coolest pillow case.  It was a definite morale booster.  I received a pillow case made by Robin Y.  Thank you very much Mrs. Yost I really like the pillow case with classic cars on it.  Thank you all for your gift.  It has truly made our time on deployment more enjoyable. 

VR SSgt Hxxxx  USMC  22D MEU

another note from the Marines:

Mrs. Susan S, 

Good afternoon from the USS Bataan!  I want to personally thank you for the pillowcase that came my way.  I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from the home front while I am deployed.  It truly helps that there are Americans that don’t forget what all the servicemen and women are doing on a daily basis all over the world.  I think your idea that “every stitch made with love from home” is wonderful.  You definitely put a smile on my face when I read the note that came with the pillowcase.  Have a great day and thanks again for everything that you are doing. 

Sincerely,

Matt C

I posted those photos yesterday.  I wrote back and this is his response: 

Sue Lamberson, 

Great to hear from you!  What a great story behind your company.  I was given the black pillowcase with pretzels all over it!  

I thank your son for his service and glad to hear he is doing well in Tuscon. 

Our deployment is going well.  We are almost at the half-way mark.  We will be deployed for a total of 8 months.  I look forward to getting home! 

I am married with 3 girls so my wife stays busy bussing them around everywhere!  I guess you could say that she “keeps the home fires burning” 

Have a great weekend!

God Bless You,

Matt

Here are my pillowcases to the sailors:

I received this today, it brought a smile to my face, and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ladies, we have made both the Marines and the Navy on this ship feel honored. Each email I get is nothing but praise, and they are so proud. So the next time someone asks you why a pillowcase. Tell them to ask a Military person, why. 

Maryellen

Ma’am,

I would like to thank you for making and sending me and all the other Marines those beautiful pillow cases. I can definitely tell that all of the Moms that belong to the Heads At Ease spent countless hours designing and making all of these pillow cases together. Then on top of all that, you took the time to personalize mine and a few others. Your pride, patriotism, dedication, appreciation, and love for all service members is very evident and felt.

Since you are a proud Navy Mom, I know you understand how rewarding and good you feel when you receive gifts, packages, or a card from your family and loved ones. It is especially rewarding and good when you receive gifts like this, which are made from the heart, from someone that you have never met. I hope you receive other thank you letters but if you don’t, please accept this one on behalf of all the Marines and Sailors from CLB-22. Your thoughtfulness, time, prayers, and generosity is very much appreciated. Thank you and all the Moms of the Heads At Ease program for thinking of us while we are forward deployed.

I hope you and your family have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

Semper Fi,
LtCol Bxxx Cxxxxxx
CO, CLB-22

That's very nice Mary Ellen!!  Brings tears to my eyes!  :)

catching up on thank you notes!  Here are 3 and I have more to answer:

Heads at Ease,

Thank you very much for the care and consideration you have shown us
through the pillow cases you made for the sailors of my ship. Of the
events sailors love and wish they had more of is sleep. Your kind gifts
are appreciated and will be used daily. I thank you for the support,
prayers, and acts of kindness you have and continue to give us. 

Our commitment to embody the spirit of excellence and the fair treatment
of all by supporting and defending the Constitution, freedom and
democracy around the world is made that much easier a burden to bare
through our service to us.

A personal thank you to Robin Y for my pillow case.

Thank you and God bless. 

Sincerely,

Morris, LTJG USN
S1 Division Officer
USS MESA VERDE (LPD 19)

Robin is the sister of Susan S, so her pc is in that batch of photos

Good Morning Ladies,

On behalf of the Marines and Sailors aboard the Mesa Verde, thank you for the pillow cases the Marines, as well as myself loved them and they put a smile on everyones face! God bless you all. 

R/S   Cpl Richard L.  Disbursing Clerk  USS Mesa Verde

Good Morning, 

I would like to thank you and your organization for sending pillow cases it really put a smile to the Marines and Sailors faces aboard USS Mesa Verde. We all would like to thank you because our other pillow cases was rugged. May God bless you. 

USS Mesa Verde  Embark Chief   LCpl Dxxxx

more notes that came last week.  The Marines on this ship are very thankful:

Ms. Rose,Thank you for the pillow case you sent us. It was very comforting to receive this token of love from home as we continue to spend life on this ship. Each of my five roommates received a pillow case. 

Respectfully, Gunnery Sergeant Stanley xxxxx   USS Mesa Verde  U.S Marines

Rose's pcs

Good Morning, 

My name is Cpl. Joshua xxxx and I received one of the pillow cases you sent our Battalion. I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart thank you. Not only for the pillow case itself but also for the thoughtfulness behind it. It meant a lot to me and all the marines who were able to get one of the wonderful cases. They were a breath of fresh air and an instant reminder of home. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful present and filling all our hearts with hope and joy.

Very Respectfully,  Cpl Lxxx

Good Evening, 

Marines and Sailors of CLB-22 aboard the USS Mesa Verde would like to say thank you for your gifts. Your concern and support is greatly appreciated and means a lot to us. The pillow cases look beautiful and most of  all very comfortable; I would especially like to thank Cindy S. she has done an amazing job with these pillow cases. Once again thank you for the wonderful gifts it really does lift the spirit and we will continue to serve our country proudly. 

Thank you,  R/S  LCpl Dominique  S-3 Training Clerk  USS MESA VERDE

Cindy's pcs:

I love how the notes keep coming in:

Good morning Sarah,

I just wanted to say thanks you for the pillowcase that was sent to us, it is an awesome gift.

Thanks Sarah. 

R/S, SSGT WILLIAM xxxx

USMC  CLB-22 USS BATAAN OPERATIONS CHIEF

Hail to the Redskins!  Hail Victory!  Braves on the Warpath!   Fight for old D.C.!

Sarah's pillowcases 

Dear Sir or Ma’am,

I just wanted to say thanks for the pillow case.  It’s a nice touch out here on this drab boat.  Someone had set the box out in berthing for everybody to grab one.  We are out here on the USS Bataan for the 22 MEU.  I appreciate you thinking about us.

Warmest Regards,

GySgt. Hxxx

VMM-263 Quality Assurance

Morning. Wow it is the 1st of June already. Help I have pillow cases but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to find the address to mail them to. Help !

Been a little crazy around here. My Son met a wonderful young lady. So in a couple of weeks she is going to be my new daughter in law. I have been making a lot of things for the wedding. But I have not forgotten about the pillow cases.

Have a good day.

The last 2 for this ship.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service