This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Well here we go, onto a BIG adventure. We are doing the USS Nimitz, this is an Aircraft Carrier. I have been working with the CMC the past couple weeks and we have worked the bugs out and now we are ready to go.  This project will take 3-4 months to complete so there is no rush or stress on us to get it all down fast.

This ship will be done by departments, ALL boxes for that department have a contact which I will give you to ship with when needed. As the number come in and the PC's go out you will see the list change and the shipped will be removed to make room for new ones.

Please make sure that you stick to the count and which department you are listed for so that everyone get at pc. ALL boxed MUST have the HAE sticker on them by the address label, You must email ME at mepeller@bellsouth.net or Sue to get the addresses.

week 1- 5/25- 5/30 will start the shipping. We will try and ship every week or every 2 weeks.

Lyn Love andI will be doing all the command, and POC pillowcases and helping with the ship numbers

Wave #Shipping Dates  6-18 thru 6-22

#12 Supply Department (261)- Betty F-20, Donna M-43, Ginnie C- 20, Judy K-28, Patty B-45, Carol A-25, Sue L-40, Virginia B-25, Me 15 +1      Done

# 13- Squadron HSC-6 (230) Virginia B-25, Carol A-25, Debbie M-25, Arlene D- 30, Marilyn F – 35, Sarah P – 25, Suzie B – 17, Cindy S – 30, ,  ME-18+1        Done

#14 Squadron VFMA-323 (232)-Sarah P -25, Virginia B- 25, Carol A,- 25, Sue L-35, Nancy B-39, Donna M-43, Cindy S – 30, ME 10+ 1                            Done

#15 Weapons Dept. (178) Dana – 34, Terry S-30, Ally-25, Marjoie-32, Linda Low-14, Joy A-30, ME 9+1

Views: 4004

Replies to This Discussion

great photos and wonderful message.

I am far behind on reading, responding and posting thank you notes:

I wanted to write and say how much my squadron HSC-6 the Screaming Indians appreciate all the time and hard work you all have put into the amazing pillowcases we received. It is because of people like you that make our time out to sea and away from our loved ones that much easier to deal with. These pillowcases mean more than you can imagine and brought many stories and old memories out for everyone to talk about. Things such as being a kid playing with hot wheels cars, animal paw prints reminding people of their pets back home, another person who is very interested in cars found one that was road ways and road signs. It is definitely the little things that count and laying our heads on pillowcases made by people who truly care and remind us of home are appreciated more than words can really say. On behalf of myself and many other shipmates THANK YOU all!!!

A special THANKS to Sarah who made the pillowcase I use every night!

AD1(AW) Kayli

HSC-6 Screamin' Indians

And Sarah's photo:

I am catching up on the notes.  This came on 7-26:

Heads at Ease Moms,

On behalf of my entire Officer and Enlisted Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron SIX, “Screamin’ Indians”, I would like to thank each and every one of you. Your pillow cases brought nothing short of true joy, comfort and “home” to our entire Command. As many of you know, being deployed takes its toll on each of us as well as our loved ones. Anything and everything received from home is like gold, to receive the gift in the form of a pillow case that is both useful and essential, partnered with a personal touch that states…..we care and are praying for you every day…..is absolutely priceless!

I can personally guarantee that each of my Sailors received a pillow case, to include others that are serving on another detachment, aboard a separate Ship. You have each knocked it out of the park! Each pillow case speaks to the many talents, back grounds, personalities, hobbies and even sports teams. So it was like you were speaking directly to us, just like Mom’s do.…..message received!

In my 26 years, seven Ships, and 14 deployments, I have many seen care packages……and in some instances not so many….however the personal impact these pillow cases yielded will live on and I can assure you, many of our Sailors that will continue to sail again, will ensure that they have their Heads at Ease pillow case listed as a mandatory item for deployment.

Please extend our personal thanks and respect for what each of you have endured, as Mom’s and avid supporters of our troops, and always know….The Screamin’ Indians of HSC-6 will sleep comfortably on our Heads at Ease pillow cases, which will definitely aide in our watch of our great country’s freedom!

God Bless each of you, your families and please stay safe.

P.S. - Mrs. Maryellen Peller, your personal touch on my own pillow case….absolutely awesome!! Thank You!!

Very respectfully,

CMDCM(AW/SW) Mitchell xxxxx

Screamin' Indians Command Master Chief

"Lead or be Led, there is NO in between!"

got this one today.  it was the last squadron that we sent to and I am so happy to know they arrived!

Hi Heads At Ease,

This is Airman Sxxxx I am in the HSM-75 Line Shack. We received your pillow cases today and I would like you to know that it made us all incredibly happy and we are all excited to get back to our berthings and put them on our pillows!!!! It makes us so happy to know we have people back home thinking of us when we are so far away. What you are doing makes us all remember why we are out here and keeps us motivated and keeps our morale up more than anything! Thank you sooo much!

Love Airman Sxxxx

photos from top to bottom are Pat K, Cathy K and Birdie

this was posted yesterday on the Nimitz group by Pat.  Please pray for this ship and the other ones in CSG 11:

Comment by Pat (MP) yesterday

Reposted from Carrier Strike Group Eleven

As the Nimitz Strike Group continues to proudly serve in the 5th Fleet area of responsibility, I want our friends and family to know that we will not return to homeport as originally scheduled. I will keep you informed when new dates are determined for any port calls en route and our return home. We look forward to being reunited with our families, but we are also honored that our nation puts such great confidence in us that we were asked to stay and serve. I am tremendously proud of the great Sailors and Marines serving in the Nimitz Strike Group. Thank you for all your support. Rear Adm. Mike White sends.

------------
  Having sent pillowcases to this helo unit, it really hits hard.  I'm so sorry for the families.

By U.S. Naval Forces Central Command Public Affairs

NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY BAHRAIN - Search and rescue (SAR) efforts for the remaining two crew members involved in a U.S. Navy MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter crash were suspended Sept. 23 at approximately 3 p.m. Bahrain time.

Navy officials have concluded that given the time elapsed since the incident, aircrew survivability was extremely unlikely. The location of the crash site is known, and an extensive area has been searched multiple times by various ships and aircraft.

The Knighthawk helicopter, attached to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) 6, crashed in the central Red Sea Sept. 22, after conducting a landing on the deck of the guided-missile destroyer USS William P. Lawrence (DDG 110) at approximately 12:40 p.m. Bahrain time.

The following assisted in the search and rescue: USS Nimitz (CVN 68), USS William P. Lawrence (DDG 110), USS Princeton (CG 59), USS Shoup (DDG 86), USS Stockdale (DDG 106) and USNS Rainier (T-AOE 7) as well as MH-60S Knighthawks from HSC-6, MH-60R Sea Hawks from Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron (HSM) 75 and several P-3s from Patrol Squadron (VP) 47 and a U.S. Air Force HC-130.

The crash was not due to any sort of hostile activity.

The Navy is currently conducting an investigation to determine the cause of
the incident.

Names of the service members are currently being withheld pending
notification of next-of-kin.

Oh, this is heart wrenching.  So sad for all involved.

yes it is.

got a letter today from the Rear Admiral, addressed to all of us.  My husband asked if I was being drafted haha.

I will scan and post later or tomorrow.  Terry S got one too.  Any one else?

Very exciting~!

this one is heart breaking after the crash.   I got this on 9-13 and just responded today.  I need a secretary but really like to answer them myself.

To whom it may concern,

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to personally create these unique pillow cases for my Sailors and myself.  It makes a difference to their lives in a way of feeling like home and not a war ship 24/7.  I hope you hear from other sailors expressing their gratitude for you thoughtful gifts. 

God bless.

Very Respectfully,

AM1 Ryan

HSC-6 Deployed on USS Nimitz CVN 68

I recieved this yesterday from the Nimitz, it is nice to see the faces of those we send too. The your man on the right was our POC her got a special on too.

Maryellen,

Greetings from the Mediterranean Sea. I received the pillowcase you made
for me and I wanted to write and thank you. It is fantastic and I really
appreciate the support and the hard work that went into it. It means a lot
to get something like this in the mail, it made my day. I have included a
picture of myself and the ship's XO and Command Master Chief on the bridge
with our pillowcases. Also pictured is Chief Lyons, our command's rep to
your organization. Please know that all who received the cases were truly
grateful.

Take Care.

With warmest regards,

JXXX RXXX

great photo and note!  did I send you the patriotic fabric?  looks like a piece that my SIL sent me and that I mailed to someone.   sometimes my eyes cross looking at so much fabric haha

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service