This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi Travis Mom; I have a son in 07 170!! Glad to see you on here.

Views: 1390

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! Where are you from?

Hi there, we are from Southern California, Lake Elsinore to be exact. How about you?  I wonder if our kids are getting to know each other?  I am very curious about the day to day routine.  Is Travis your first child to go into the military or are you a veteran?  :-)

Hi Shawn's mom!  I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if they are getting to know each other as well.  I will ask in my next letter.  I saw that you are a memeber of Christina Chat as well.  It's so great to have all these various groups to help us.  I am new at this.  Is Shawn your first to join the military?  At the MEPs center the day that Travis left for boot camp, there was a mom there who had other children that had joined the military and she said the first is the most difficult.  I think it would be difficult regardless, but I feel better the more I know about things, so I can see how having past experieince could be beneficial.  Is your son going to Groton after boot camp?  What job is he trianing for?  Travis is going to be doing computer electronis on submarines.  Hope you have a great day!!

I do really love having all of the help and support this site provides. Such a blessing.  Well technichly Shawn is our second to go but my oldest boy was only there for 3 weeks before he caught pneumonia and had a severe asthma attack. He was sent home :-/  He was only 17 and a half and wanted to be in the Navy so bad that he graduated high school early and we signed him in. But God's plans not ours, he is a Sheriff's officer now and doing well.  Shawn is older 22, and should have no problem with his health.  I think he is going to do GREAT!  He is going to go to NUKE school after bootcamp, so he will be headed for South Carolina.  I have also joined the group NUKE Moms but am not quite ready for that much information. lol  On step at a time.  I think working on a sub would be awesome.  I am not sure where Shawn will end up after school.  Well I am so glad to get to know you here, do you plan on attending graduation?  there is a lot of talk about what to do during that time. Again, I am sure glad for all of the help.

If any of you need Phone Cards for your SR...go to Calls for Recruits.org and get them for FREE....they send FREE Pre-Paid Phone Cards for Recruits in Boot Camp!!!

I agree about not being ready for all the next steps quite yet.  I joined Sub moms but haven;t really spent much time there yet.  I joked with(kind of) with Travis before he left that I was making progress because I could be on Navy 4 moms for a full 15 minutes without crying.  I do have to say that it is getting better. Praise God for that!  Glad to hear that your other son is doing well as a sherrif.  It must have been very disappointing for him.  Travis is 20.  He looked into joining right after high school.  I think he is much more ready now. He's matured a lot in the last 3 years since getting out of school.  Shawn must be very intelligent and did well ont he testing to make it to the NUKE program.  I understand that is a very elite group.  You must be proud!  We are planning to go to PIR.  I can't wait.  Are you going?  I'm having bunion surgery tomorrow so I will be home recovering for a couple of weeks.  I plan to look at all the info about where to stay, what to do etc. while I'm laid up.  I figure I wll have plenty of time to write more letters as well.  I have that form letter along with some stamps and a calling card ready to go today.  I just have to get to the post office.  Have a great day!! I'm really thankful to have you to chat with :)

Hello Ladies,

My son, Jonathan, is on ship 7, but division 164. I cannot seem to connect with anyone from that div.  No responses when I opened a discussion. I am looking forward to his PIR and doing lots of homework on the area. My 17 yr. old has off that week from school and debating to go on Tues to check out the area. Ya know,  snoop around. Ha Ha.

Hi!  Nice to see you on here.  Where do you live?  We are from Az.  Just made plans for PIR today.  Have you received a "real" letter yet?  I haven't yet. 

Hi  Shawn and Travis moms, I have a son in Ship 07- div-170, have any of you gotten that second call?

Well it's three weeks tomorrow since he shipped and we have not gotten a letter or call.  I am glad to hear some others are starting to get them, hopefully we will too soon. 

Welcome ProudMom, I'm glad to see more on our space, hopefully one of us will hear something soon, anything from you Travis mom?

As of today 4/25 no call or letter.  My SR arrived at RTC on 4/9, so it has been 2 1/2 weeks.  It sounds like the timing of the second phone call can vary.  I've heard it can happen in week 3 or 4.  We are checking the mail daily for a letter, although my SR is not much of a writer, but I'm hoping he will send at least a short note.  I will make sure to post when I receive something.  Are any of you coming to PIR?  Have you made plans yet?  We are planning to attend Sarge's meet and greet on Thursday night.  It would be nice to meet any of you that attend. Have a great evening ladies!!

Travis mom, we will be there for  PIR, and are planning on being at Sarges also :-)  We are a combined family, Shawn is actually my step son since he was 2yrs old so he will have both of his Mom's there as well as Dad and a sister with niece and nephews.  I think we are staying at the Navy Lodge, a lot of good reviews from several on this site.  I looked into other places too and there are several that look good.  I look forward to meeting you.  I sure wish we would get a letter!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service