This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi there,

I thought it would be fun to see if there are other Moms with kids in this same group. I have already joined the May 20, 2011 PIR group but thought it would be fun to meet others in this same group. Just to keep tabs on each other and our kiddos! Since the 927 Div is a special division , maybe once we start hearing from our children, boyfriends, girlfriends and spouses we can get to know about each other and all of them and thier accomplishments! Lets brag about them here!

Let me hear what you think? Then when PIR arrives we can find each other to support them and be proud together.

Connie

Views: 861

Replies to This Discussion

My son is Ship 02 Div 927. Anxiously awaiting to hear from him and to learn about the 927!

ccmmom

Hi There, I have seen you on the site in the PIR group, I believe. I know what you mean when you say that you would like to hear all about the 927! All I have found out says things about honor guard, color guard, choir, band and Flags. Did your son take part in band or ROTC?The recruuiter said it could be because of scores ,too!  I am very proud but not sure what to be proud of him for? Does that make sense to you? LOL

I am hoping to get a few of us together so we know some of the others in our section at PIR. I hope to get to know you better.

Connie

Makes perfect sense.  My son was not ROTC or a band member.  Our recruiter says it is because of scores and that he was very prepared on his "Navy studies" when he left for bootcamp.  He did take his prep work very seriously and he just came off of 2 1/2 years of college. Regardless, I am very proud and I hope he is as excited about it as we are! I am beginning to check the mail box more regularly and so hoping to hear from him soon.

Yes, it would be great to get together with people at PIR.  Thanks for the reply and I am so happy to have this site. 

ccmmom

B was also very prepared both with his studies and PT. I was also told that he may have been chosen because he is older. He is 30 and he has management background from the public sector as well as a degree. I know that he was to go in as an E3 but just before he left they told him he would only be an E2 because his degree came from a Technical School. Boy was he miffed at that. He worked full time went to school full time and went through a very tough accelerated program receiving his degree in 1 1/2 years.  So we have always been very proud of his work ethic, self motivation and determination. (Brag,Brag) He is also our only child. How old is your son? Have you made your reservations yet? I am hoping to get a letter soon. Have you received anything yet?

Hope that you hear something soon. Have a good day!

Connie

My son is 21. I made reservations at the Ramada.  Thought it would be neat to stay where the meet and greet is held.  No letter yet...I hope we all hear something soon.  Thanks for the good info on the 900 divisions, very interesting and how fun that must be for them.

ccmmom

I was thinking of getting our room at the Ramada also! I am not sure if they have suites, but that isn't too big a deal for us....Our sons girlfriend is also going to be at PIR and we offered to have her share with us. We are driving out planning on arriving in time for the MnG . But She can not take that much time off from work, so she will be flying out and I know B also has a friend from Chicago that is coming. I don't have any idea if he will meet her plane or if we have to meet her etc. I miss having the "instant access" that his cell phone gave us! LOL 

What is your son planning on doing with the Navy after graduating? Our son is going to be an Aviation Electronics Tech.

Will be driving out also leaving on the Wed. before.  My son is going in as an Engineering Aid. 

What part of Pa. will you be coming from? My husband is from western Pa. (Butler, Pa) He also has family in eastern Pa near Philly. I am hoping that we are able to take our time driving out and make it a 2 day trip. When we were younger it would not have been so tough. My hubby is 65 and  I do not travel well these days. But I can't wait to hit the road for this trip!!

I can't wait to meet you and your young man and family. The meet and greet is going to be so much fun!!

Hi we are coming from Central Pa Harrisburg area, but my daughter is attending Slippery Rock. So I actually know where Butler is! Haven't heard anything getting anxious to get that first letter.
We will be coming from NW PA, we are about 60 miles N of Butler. 40 miles s of Erie. Will be leavng Wed. to give ourselves some time.  His Dad just went to a new job in VA and will probably not be able to attend PIR.  So right now it is myself and his step mom coming to PIR and we will be driving together.  Got my first letter today and what a relief as other family members had gotten one and I was feeling anxious..His letter was overall positive and upbeat and he is excited about performing at PIR! He says they have a good group of guys. Can't believe we are getting so close to graduation!

Hello! 

No, my son wasn't in band or ROTC, but he did get very high scores.  He's going into be a Nuke and it was my impression that it took high scores and extra testing to do so. Maybe that's the reason he was chosen for that division! 

I am really looking forward to meeting you and all the others!  It's been very helpful to have other mom's in the same boat to lean on.  I miss my son so much!!!  It's funny that not being able to talk to them drives you crazy! :)

Welcome traci, I do know that there is one other group here that is called the 900's. They have a couple of links that really help to explain it a bit more too. Scores do count, also age leadership skills etc. Sometimes they get to perform at pro sporting events and parades in the area too. But I think mostly they perform for the  PIR's. They are the ones in the gold scarves, drill team, flags, the guys wih the swords, they also help greet the Brass and guests to the ceremonies and they sing and play!! Be sure to share with us when you hear from your son, our SR is 30! He is going in for Avionics Electronics Tech! Have you seen any of the PIR photos? They are easy to spot!! I was already proud of our guy but now even more so, if that is possible!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service